I Think Coffee Can Produce Other Kind Of Stimulating Effects

Bogdar

Hey, I think I discovered something today

Recently someone posted a thread about quotes on coffee from Honore de Balzac “The Pleasures And Pains Of Coffee” By Honore De Balzac

What's interesting is this quote:

"Finally, I have discovered a horrible, rather brutal method that I recommend only to men of excessive vigor, men with thick black hair and skin covered with liver spots, men with big square hands and legs shaped like bowling pins. It is a question of using finely pulverized, dense coffee, cold and anhydrous, consumed on an empty stomach. This coffee falls into your stomach, a sack whose velvety interior is lined with tapestries of suckers and papillae. The coffee finds nothing else in the sack, and so it attacks these delicate and voluptuous linings; it acts like a food and demands digestive juices; it wrings and twists the stomach for these juices, appealing as a pythoness appeals to her god; it brutalizes these beautiful stomach linings as a wagon master abuses ponies; the plexus becomes inflamed; sparks shoot all the way up to the brain. From that moment on, everything becomes agitated. Ideas quick-march into motion like battalions of a grand army to its legendary fighting ground, and the battle rages. Memories charge in, bright flags on high; the cavalry of metaphor deploys with a magnificent gallop; the artillery of logic rushes up with clattering wagons and cartridges; on imagination's orders, sharpshooters sight and fire; forms and shapes and characters rear up; the paper is spread with ink - for the nightly labor begins and ends with torrents of this black water, as a battle opens and concludes with black powder. "

Well, since I started coffee I always thought I was really sensitive to cafeine (I might be) because I after a SINGLE SIP and after 2 to 5mins I could felt coffee energy flowing through me, kind of as Balzac describes.

I feel the same crashes as he describes too. I thought caffeine was quick acting but today I did it again, coffee on empty stomach. A single sip and 2min after (not even time to reach bloodstream, or did it?) BAM coffee energy, alertness, lack of stress etc.
I even felt my tendinitis which hurt every time I'm on high coffee effects for some reasons.
That isn't placebo.

What do you think?

My point is that it could act as a hormesis, maybe a stress adrenaline reaction effects which brings lots of energy from the inside (and not from cafeine or any compound). However that's why it's quickly deteriorating. I know some people can drink 4x as much coffee as I do and don't experience crashes, maybe this is where it plays