I Seem To Have Brief Episodes Of Both Hypo/hyper-thyroidism

FinnRooney

I know this sounds stupid. But I always feel as if I'm trying to play a careful balancing game. I can get very cold extremities when I don't wear adequate clothing but then I can put on a jumper and become nice and warm. 10 minutes later I'll feel as if I'm beginning to sweat and have to take it off. I've always had this.

Now, extra info: I'm 19, I don't eat much, I don't tend to have much of an appetite. I try to focus on calorie dense things because of this. I don't have any trouble with tolerating any food. My biggest thing is when I eat too much I notice it way more than anyone else eating around me (family/friends), as in, I often have to stop myself eating because I eat the food on my plate to be polite. But then if ice cream or chocolate comes out, I can eat TONS, to the point where I feel sick. It feels like the only thing holding me back from eating more is the physical space in my stomach.

I'm very thin, I don't have any fat really, you can see my heart beat in my chest if I swim in cold water. All I have on my frame is muscle (not much, just dense I guess). I get Seb dandruff if I don't wash my hair often. I have been told I've got an irregular heart beat (characteristic of hyperthyroidism), but I've also got low blood pressure, but when I'm warm my veins get very big. My heart rate often is around the 60's range (when I was 14 and swimming all the time it was in the 40's which couldn't have been good).

I'm guessing there's something wrong with my body's ability to balance itself? I always feel like I'm doing the job myself. If its worth noting, my dad was always hyper-thyroid (only slowing down since around the time I was born), and my mum's is quite obviously hypo-thyroid.

Hope I can get some advice or something, just very confused. When people are hypo-thyroid it always seems like an uphill battle to get to the top, but I feel like I can go either way too easily.

Lecarpetron

I'm not quite in the same boat (35/F) but I've had most of these symptoms over the years - easy hot/easy cold, low blood pressure, dandruff, underweight with poor appetite. May I suggest:

1) channel your efforts more into stress reduction rather than energy production. Supplements and food can help lifestyle tactics are important.

2) eat smaller quantities but more frequently instead of any monster meals.

OP
F

FinnRooney

I'm not quite in the same boat (35/F) but I've had most of these symptoms over the years - easy hot/easy cold, low blood pressure, dandruff, underweight with poor appetite. May I suggest:

1) channel your efforts more into stress reduction rather than energy production. Supplements and food can help lifestyle tactics are important.

2) eat smaller quantities but more frequently instead of any monster meals.
Thank you, you’re probably right, it’s probably better to focus my efforts on stress reduction (in all ways).

tankasnowgod

There are other members here who had hypo symptoms and were very thin. You may want to check out their experiences. Janelle's Log is one that comes to mind, but I know there are other members that have been in similar situations.

Overall, it seems like maybe you just aren't eating enough. You may want to look into stomach acid issues, that could be part of the issue. Also, things like liver health.

In addition to the smaller more frequent meal suggestion above, you may also benefit from Amino Acid supplementation, as Haidut discusses in this thread. Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

OP
F

FinnRooney

There are other members here who had hypo symptoms and were very thin. You may want to check out their experiences. Janelle's Log is one that comes to mind, but I know there are other members that have been in similar situations.

Overall, it seems like maybe you just aren't eating enough. You may want to look into stomach acid issues, that could be part of the issue. Also, things like liver health.

In addition to the smaller more frequent meal suggestion above, you may also benefit from Amino Acid supplementation, as Haidut discusses in this thread. Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion
Would it be possible that eating too much at one time maybe disrupts (forgive me for extremely vague speculation) stomach acid production afterwards? And eating too much at one time is such a stress on the acid production?

tankasnowgod

Would it be possible that eating too much at one time maybe disrupts (forgive me for extremely vague speculation) stomach acid production afterwards? And eating too much at one time is such a stress on the acid production?

Maybe, but I wouldn't doubt it puts a strain on your entire digestive system and GI tract. I know that times that I have eaten more than usual, that digestive enzymes also seem to help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals