I recently cut out remaining gluten and A1 milk and I feel and look worse...withdrawal?

I've been having symptoms such as itchiness in the morning, slight depression, low libido.

So I wondered, are there any remnants of my old pre-Peat diet that could be elevating unfavourable hormones?

Picking out the odd pasta dish or sourdough sandwich, as well as the A1 milk I drink, after reading the articles of Hans Amoto, I decided to cut them out.

After about a week I look and feel worse. I feel tired, very low, look pale and bloated.

Any idea what could be going on?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've been having symptoms such as itchiness in the morning, slight depression, low libido.

So I wondered, are there any remnants of my old pre-Peat diet that could be elevating unfavourable hormones?

Picking out the odd pasta dish or sourdough sandwich, as well as the A1 milk I drink, after reading the articles of Hans Amoto, I decided to cut them out.

After about a week I look and feel worse. I feel tired, very low, look pale and bloated.

What did you replace it with?

OP
T
What did you replace it with?

Goat milk! Just in smaller quantities than I drank the regular milk.

EDIT: I am in no way taking aim at your work, Hans! I love your site and have experienced a lot of benefits from your recommendations. I'm just hoping this is some temporary bacteria die off or opiate withdrawal.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Goat milk! Just in smaller quantities than I drank the regular milk.

EDIT: I am in no way taking aim at your work, Hans! I love your site and have experienced a lot of benefits from your recommendations. I'm just hoping this is some temporary bacteria die off or opiate withdrawal.
No worries, didn't think you were. :) It's just interesting that you got worse after removing those foods even though you didn't replace it with anything (except the goat milk). Did you make any other changes except the diet during this time (perhaps a supplement you started) as well?
It's very odd that you will feel worse without those foods, since removing something is not supposed to give you symptoms.

OP
T
No worries, didn't think you were. :) It's just interesting that you got worse after removing those foods even though you didn't replace it with anything (except the goat milk). Did you make any other changes except the diet during this time (perhaps a supplement you started) as well?
It's very odd that you will feel worse without those foods, since removing something is not supposed to give you symptoms.
Good ;P

I know, I'm confused.

I wouldn't say they feel like additional symptoms. It feels almost like I've crashed, having removed something that was propping me up. I have a couple of theories...

1. Fewer calories/nutrients without all that milk.
2. I've yet to replace the calories now missing from bread.
3. Just a drop in stress hormones from removing the gluten? Gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Inhibition by cortisol of the effect of gluten protein in vitro - PubMed I realise this is in vitro, but it is possible that the body raises cortisol in order to handle gluten? I could be talking rubbish.
4. Just gut biome changes.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good ;P

I know, I'm confused.

I wouldn't say they feel like additional symptoms. It feels almost like I've crashed, having removed something that was propping me up. I have a couple of theories...

1. Fewer calories/nutrients without all that milk.
2. I've yet to replace the calories now missing from bread.
3. Just a drop in stress hormones from removing the gluten? Gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Inhibition by cortisol of the effect of gluten protein in vitro - PubMed I realise this is in vitro, but it is possible that the body raises cortisol in order to handle gluten? I could be talking rubbish.
4. Just gut biome changes.
If calories are simply too low, then your symptoms (except the bloating) makes sense. But not sure why you would bloat once you remove certain food. Try removing the goat milk and see if the bloat goes away. But make sure you're getting enough calories from other sources.

Jonnie

Okay I actually have been wanting to post something similar (but reverse) since I started eating pasta again.

I have had bloating for as long as I can remember. So a few year ago I cut out grains but recently gave it another shot.

I made spaghetti using regular white organic pasta and my bloating actually went down eating it and I felt quite relaxed.

So now I've been eating pasta once a week for about 2 months and I seem to be doing good, no skin problems either.

Another thing I noticed is that when I eat too little in general, it seems I actually start to bloat...
Which might be similar to your experience.

I've been wondering what mechanisms are behind this.

Maybe it has something to do with endotoxin/cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals