I Need Some Help Concerning Diagnosis Of Breast Cancer

Siddha

@GreenTrails hello.
It's been a couple of years since you were diagnosed with breast cancer. How are you? Maybe if you have a desire, you can tell us your path in treatment over these two plus years.
In any case, good health to you.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Thank you! I don't know if I wrote about my treatment, but I did have a bilateral mastectomy in September 2020. I opted out of taking any hormone blockers or chemotherapy. I was fortunate in that the cancer was not in my lymphs. I saw an oncologist a couple of times, but didn't want the drugs he offered. I have been off of all hormones. I had my last Wellness exam in August and my doctor did blood tests and a breast exam. He said that everything was fine. I've been feeling really good, have energy, I walk 2 miles most days and do weight lifting 2X weekly. I've been managing my 3 acres, and I mow about an acre of lawns. I work hard; I had a garden this summer. My diet is whole foods; fresh and organic (when organic is available); fruits, beans, brown rice, potatoes from my garden, oatmeal, berries, most vegetables, a big green salad daily, and a large garlic clove daily with my morning smoothie, which is a GAPS recipe (apples with the peel, carrot, beet root, red cabbage and celery, plus a slice of fresh ginger root. I eat no dairy except a little butter occasionally, no sugar, and meat very seldom. I pretty much follow Chris Wark's anti cancer diet. For supplements I take magnesium, vitamin C, potassium, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, MSM, Zinc Balance, niacinamide, boron and digestive enzymes. I have had some problems with high blood pressure in the past, but it's gone down.

My last blood test in August, was good. In 2020 my cholesterol was 363, and now it's 262; triglycerides were 54 and now 40; HDL was 108, now 100; LDL was 244, now 154; my chol/HDL ratio was 3.4, now it's 2.6 mg/dL. My TSH is 0.09; in 2020 it was 0.051. I'm taking 3/4 of a 90 mg. NP thyroid pill, which is about 68 mg. (I use a pill cutter).

I'm certainly not telling anyone how to manage breast cancer, and I don't know what lies ahead, but this is what I'm doing. I do think that the stress of losing my husband to heart disease 8 years ago and having to take on all the work and responsibility, plus some traumas in life, contributed.

Siddha

I'm happy for you. You are a courageous person.
I read you in other topics, I see you drink soy milk and aspirin is not on your list either. Disillusioned with the ideas of Ray Pete?

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Ray Peat's ideas don't work with me. When I was doing his program, I was diagnosed with pre diabetes, which I had never been before. In 2020, my glucose was 90; when I was in the hospital, it was104, and A1c was 5.9. Now my glucose is 92, and my A1c is 5.4. I think the cancer caused a lot of other problems. I feel so much better without dairy, although it was hard to give it up; I cannot eat sugar except in fruit. I quit aspirin; I use garlic instead. I'm fine without coffee; maybe 1/2 cup of black coffee once a week or so. I drink green tea. I make my own almond/cashew milk in my Vitamix, and it's the closest thing to milk that I've found. I add a date and some salt. I weighed 117 lbs. in August in the doctor's office; I'm 5'5". Dr. Kristy Funk and Chris Wark both say that soy milk is anti cancer. I use organic soy milk powder, 1/4 cup mixed in 8 oz. of water. I think Ray Peat knows a lot. I would like to see his lab numbers.

Siddha

The main thing is that you have found your own path that works for you. I think this is Ray Pete's main idea.
I wish you good health in the future.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Yes. It's very good. But I now eat my carrot daily in a GAPS smoothie.