I Need Help! Weird Feelings

Kyle.

*For symptoms go to bottom*

So on Saturday night I went out into town from 8pm till about 3am, got home about 4am (club closes at 3am so had nothing else to drink) all was well, feel asleep.
Sunday morning I had my job induction, this was a new job. I got through half the day perfect, but suddenly felt very warm inside, like it took over my whole body, then also very dizzy and felt faint with a rapid heart beat, we stopped the induction to phone my mum.
Myself and my mum went into A&E (Hospital) to get me checked, they checked my blood pressure which was slighty high and my heart rate was also high, after an hour they checked again and were both fine (They believe it was raised because I was scared) The doctor told me they think I was dehydrated, needed food and sleep and discharged me and told me to go back if nothing changed, which it didn't. Monday and Tuesday were the same, woke up dizzy, unsteady on my feet and slighty confused.
I went to the doctors on Wed and he checked my blood pressure and heart rate which was slighty raised, he told me "You might have been spiked" but wasn't sure, he told me to come back on Monday.
Here I am, writing this while it feels although everything around Is spinning.
Lying in bed sometimes I feel like an adrenaline rush in my chest which wakes me up into a panic, this also randomly happens throughout the day

We also noticed a bump/lump on top of my head which we can't explain, i never fell at the club so I'm confused about that, I just don't feel myself.
I'm normally a very healthy 18 year old boy

Symptoms:
Dizzy
Sick
Tired
Confused
Feel strange (don't feel myself)
Strange feeling in my chest (also when trying to sleep) feels like a zap of energy)
Scared
A headache sometimes (feels as though someone is squeezing my head) and a few more

I need help to maybe find out what is wrong with me before I go to the doctors.
I've taken iron tablets and vitium tablets about 3 hours ago which have had little or not effect

Thanks

Arnold Grape

There's something called "Holiday Heart" that can accompany heavy drinking, which is basically an a-fib onset or irregular heart rhythm elicited by alcohol. It seems like the doctor would have figured that out, however. Typically if I've had too much to drink, b vitamins and possibly magnesium helps to replete things lost. Additionally, up potassium with things like orange juice.

SOMO

Honestly what you need is to get SCANS of your organs to put your mind at ease.
Don't waste time going to regular doctors, I would go to the hospital or schedule appointments with a cardiologist so you can radiology scans (ultrasound or MRI).

You won't find a solution on this forum for your issue.

What if it's some undiagnosed heart condition? Wouldn't you want to find out?

InChristAlone

Sounds like a panic attack to me. Happens to millions of people, in particular after a night of heavy drinking. And nothing usually turns up at the ER.

tara

I'm no expert, so don't take this as medical advice.

Might or might not be something serious, like cardio-vascular issue or concussion. If you were drinking a bit, got spiked and got a blow to the head, maybe you don't remember everything that happened?
Could also be a panic attack, as Janelle suggested. If so, there are probably things you can do about it.

they checked my blood pressure which was slighty high and my heart rate was also high, after an hour they checked again and were both fine (They believe it was raised because I was scared)
Is that all they checked? No blood tests to check electrolytes or anything else?
Did the drs look at the bump on your head?
Have you been doing extreme diet or other experiments?
How's your breathing?
How's your appetite and sleep now?
What's your typical diet like?

Tenacity

Hi Kyle. Are you still having issues? Your story and symptoms sound very similar to mine. Check my log to see what I mean. I don't have any answers to this. I came home from work one day and had the funny feeling come over, followed by a high heart rate and feelings of impending doom. The emergency services couldn't point out the cause. The following months were terrible. Constant anxiety with intermittent panic attacks, nausea, dissociation, and a complete loss of appetite. I'm much better now, but my state of consciousness has not fully returned to normal.

I also get a strange zappy feeling when I go to sleep, starting with that incident. It feels like when I am about to drift off to sleep, I am woken up by an adrenaline rush. Is that what's happening to you?

Is your heart rate faster when you're standing compared to when you're laying down?

Constatine

I also get a strange zappy feeling when I go to sleep, starting with that incident. It feels like when I am about to drift off to sleep, I am woken up by an adrenaline rush. Is that what's happening to you?
Strange, I used to get all the symptoms listed here and especially this one. Do you have dysbiosis?

*For symptoms go to bottom*

So on Saturday night I went out into town from 8pm till about 3am, got home about 4am (club closes at 3am so had nothing else to drink) all was well, feel asleep.
Sunday morning I had my job induction, this was a new job. I got through half the day perfect, but suddenly felt very warm inside, like it took over my whole body, then also very dizzy and felt faint with a rapid heart beat, we stopped the induction to phone my mum.
Myself and my mum went into A&E (Hospital) to get me checked, they checked my blood pressure which was slighty high and my heart rate was also high, after an hour they checked again and were both fine (They believe it was raised because I was scared) The doctor told me they think I was dehydrated, needed food and sleep and discharged me and told me to go back if nothing changed, which it didn't. Monday and Tuesday were the same, woke up dizzy, unsteady on my feet and slighty confused.
I went to the doctors on Wed and he checked my blood pressure and heart rate which was slighty raised, he told me "You might have been spiked" but wasn't sure, he told me to come back on Monday.
Here I am, writing this while it feels although everything around Is spinning.
Lying in bed sometimes I feel like an adrenaline rush in my chest which wakes me up into a panic, this also randomly happens throughout the day

We also noticed a bump/lump on top of my head which we can't explain, i never fell at the club so I'm confused about that, I just don't feel myself.
I'm normally a very healthy 18 year old boy

Symptoms:
Dizzy
Sick
Tired
Confused
Feel strange (don't feel myself)
Strange feeling in my chest (also when trying to sleep) feels like a zap of energy)
Scared
A headache sometimes (feels as though someone is squeezing my head) and a few more

I need help to maybe find out what is wrong with me before I go to the doctors.
I've taken iron tablets and vitium tablets about 3 hours ago which have had little or not effect

Thanks
To me those symptoms sound bacterial or viral. I would check for some sort of infection. Stay away from alcohol for a while. It potentiates lps damage which could cause issues. A safe thing to try is to increase your antioxidant consumption, matcha green tea is an effective way to do that in my experience.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kyle.

All these comments help so much! I just have my fingers crossed that the doctor takes blood tests on Monday

Richiebogie

Ray Peat warns against iron supplementation.

I think he says the only way our bodies can get rid of excess iron is by bleeding.

Antioxidants are supposed to be good. Iron is the opposite of an antioxidant!

The age spots old people get on their hands and temples are full of PUFA and iron! Apparently this stuff is a good indicator of age!

Have a look at this article:

Iron's Dangers

OP
K

Kyle.

It feels although someone is squeezing my head and giving me a headache, feels as though the world is spinning it's weird and worrying me, I don't feel myself

InChristAlone

First, do not start fearing sensations, you will be okay. The worst thing you could do right now is start to worry excessively about every symptom. This does tend to happen after a panic attack and especially for people with health anxiety. But it spirals out of control (I know from experience!). If after a check up everything looks okay, then all you need to do is to Defuse the anxious thoughts and fears, Accept and allow them to come through, Run toward the fear instead of away, and Engage back into your life, don't sit at home because you think you aren't okay. This is how thousands of people conquered anxiety through the book "DARE". Derealization is a common side effect of having gone through what you did.

sladerunner69

Sounds like a panic attack to me. Happens to millions of people, in particular after a night of heavy drinking. And nothing usually turns up at the ER.

Yeah, I agree with this. I've had this feeling after heavy drinking too many times. It's a terrible combination between being too tired to think and concentrate while also feeling completely jittery and stimulated by adrenaline.

tara

If the symptoms you are having trouble with are caused or worsened by anxiety/panic attack type mechanisms, then CO2/O2 balance is likely key. Low Co2 levels can interfere with the smooth running of lots of things, and can sometimes get into self-reinforcing patterns. You can read up on Buteyko method and carbon dioxide, on this forum or on other sites (I found normalbreathing.com informative). If this is part of your issue, you can find ways to address it. Some beginning steps could make a difference quite quickly. This is about not wasting the CO2 you produce, because you need it to get oxygen to your tissues, amongst other things, so they can function well.

For instance, take a gentle walk with your mouth shut, and deliberately relax and slow your breathing down a little. Not enough to cause more distress.
If it's easier to practice while resting or doing some other activity, then play around with what works. If it works to include some short breath holds, you can play with that too. Or practice breathing into a paper bag for a short time a few times a day if that works for you.
Make sure you sleep with your mouth shut - use mechanical support to do this if you need to.
Close your mouth. All the time except when eating and talking.
Check to see whether your chest is moving when you breathe at rest - ideally, only your diaphragm should be working (and not all that much). If your chest is working, spend time deliberately practicing relaxing it and letting your diaphragm do the moving instead. If your diaphragm is out of practice and doesn't easily do it, that can be addressed too.
There are lots of other ways to improve breathing if you look for them. It's easy to underestimate it's importance, but it can make a huge difference for some people, depending what the trouble is.

If any of these techniques worsen the symptoms, I'd back off them - don't push it if they make things worse - could be something else is needed.
Peat tends to encourage various ways to improve cellular energy production to improve CO2 production, rather than focus on reducing CO2 losses. Also worth looking into, and there's lots about that in this forum too.
For me, I had to improve nutrition to get progress with breathing, stress and energy in general. Getting adequate fuel, and improving pH balance with more of the alkaline minerals in my diet was part of what I seemed to need. I didn't have your specific set of symptoms.
Have you run your typical diet through cronometer or similar to see roughly what nutrition is in the food you are eating? You can post it here if you want.

and feelings of impending doom
I'm sure feelings like this can arise from various other causes too, but I just happened to come across a story a while ago where this was the specific clue that lead to discovering and resolving (just in time!) hazardous carbonmonoxide exposure.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Run toward the fear instead of away, and Engage back into your life, don't sit at home because you think you aren't okay. This is how thousands of people conquered anxiety through the book "DARE".

@Janelle525, excellent advise for anyone suffering anxiety/panic attacks. More people need to know this. People become extremely terrified, placing themselves in a constant anxious state wondering when the next attack is going to happen.

Check the basics. @tara suggestions, all excellent. Hydration and electrolytes - don't under-estimate. How much alcohol was consumed?
Alcohol poisoning: when drinking turns toxic

As @Constatine mentioned Endotoxins and alcohol can cause the symptoms you describe.

The giveaway clue here "healthy 18 yr old male." Well from experience it is rare to find a young male/female or anyone for that matter who firstly, are consuming adequate calories for their activity and optimal liver health. Secondly, can differientate between nourishing and toxic substances. Young males in particular are experimenting with all manner of substances. I am not necessarily referring to illegal substances. These are rampant in our foods, supplements, medications and environment. So you better have a healthy functioning liver to detoxify all this rubbish, otherwise, there are consequences to pay. If not now when you are young; certainly as you age. The young have incredible powers of regeneration; the old less so.

i doubt it's a panic attack... what is your diet dude? are you eating strict peat? make sure you get some fiber in, like carrots, oat bran, cooked leafy greens, and bamboo shoots, see how you feel, have all of those in a day, maybe you are not detoxed all the way from bad thyroid

tara

are you eating strict peat?
Kyle, just noting since it looks as though you are new here, that there are some here who think this 'strict peat' is a meaningful concept, but also a good many of us who don't.
Raw carrots and/or cooked bamboo shoots might be helpful for helping sweep the gut; leafy greens have valuable minerals, so by all means give those a go. And Peat has recommended these.

OP
K

Kyle.

I'm feeling slighty better, doctors on Monday.
Although this morning (4am) I eat some grapes, my chest on my left & right got pretty sore and a hot flash came over my body again.

I am falling apart

Did you rule out an ulcer? Did you go pale? Sudden feelings of warmth can actually be hypothermia. My first guess is you had a massive hangover / possible delerium tremens that didn’t hit you until the middle of the day. Get some activated charcoal and plenty of fruit juice.

raypeatclips

Sounds like panic attacks, general anxiety, which often happens around drinking alcohol. You're doing the right thing going to a doctor though. I would stop drinking any alcohol until you've sorted this out, go for gentle walks, try to relax. I probably wouldn't make any drastic dietary changes yet such as getting rid of starch, often causes more problems unless you get definite negative reactions from eating starch, you are still very young and healthy as you say. Don't believe the people on here that say you have to eat a certain way and fit into a little dietary box if you feel fine eating the foods they say are terrible. (Basically referring to starch here) Adding carrot salad is probably a good idea though. Eating liver once a week would probably help most people.

i doubt it's a panic attack... what is your diet dude? are you eating strict peat? make sure you get some fiber in, like carrots, oat bran, cooked leafy greens, and bamboo shoots, see how you feel, have all of those in a day, maybe you are not detoxed all the way from bad thyroid

Why would it not be a panic attack? OP has basically described a text book panic attack. "Strict Peat" also isn't the answer to everything you know.

Last edited: