I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE]

Undertone

Hi guys, I'm going to try and keep it short.

I've been balding since I'm 16yo. Receding hairline. Tried minoxidil for a year when I was 17 but I ended up allergic. After some research I dived deep into the hairloss rabbit hole and found along the way Rob's Perfect Hair Health method which I've been using with some succes for 2 years (stabilisation of the hairloss, no shedding, some minor regrowth mostly vellus.) it's mostly massages to decalcify the scalp and reduce tension.
Cleaned up my diet a lot, no heated PUFAS, no grains (except rice), no dairy, sweet potatoes, potatoes, quinoa, vegetables, raw carrots, loads of fruits, almonds, oats. I'm going to the gym 3x week.

I'm a NW2.5 with good density but my hairline is just ****88 up for my young and nothing seems to grow it back, I'm a tall guy, around 1m85cm but quite lean and pale (68kg, very low bodyfat).
I've been using ZIX wich is a mix of zinc sulfate and B6 P5P topically to reduce DHT and nizoral shampoo, some vellus regrowth but nothing crazy.
I also discovered Paul Taylor's skull expansion theory and started doing the compressions exercises for about a month now, it greatly loosens my scalp.
I'm doing breath holding exercises in the morning to raise C02.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask for help, but i'm willing to try anything that could help me regrow some hairs alongside my hairline. I was about to pull the trigger on Propecia (finasteride), and I think I will but I don't want to sacrifice my masculinity.

What should I do, I'm really growing tired of this.

Ask me anything I really want to be helped ! :)

HChpalley

Great thread. I’m in the same boat as you are, but the only difference is that I’m a diffuse thinner with a receding hairline and vertex balding too. I came to realise a few months ago that I’m very hypothyroid, so hopefully adequate thyroid medication is going to help me out. Currently waiting for them to arrive...
Thyroid should definitely help with CO2, I guess.

S.Seneff

Did you have cold, normal or hot hand, feet, head, at night and in the day ?

OP
U

Undertone

I'm going to add that I often have gas, weird digestion and fatigue.

OP
U

Undertone

Did you have cold, normal or hot hand, feet, head, at night and in the day ?
My hands are rather cold, I also used to measure my oral temperature and it was sitting around lowish 36°C, electronic mouth thermometer
I think i'll try lugol solution or the taeian protocol

rei

Do you have a picture of yourself online you would like to share? Does not matter if you censor your face etc.

johnwester130

the basic supplements for the hair are

A,D,E,K2
a thyroid supplement
progesterone/dhea

a basic diet is
dairy foods,
seafood
gelatin
liver

fruit based foods
potatoes/rice
mushrooms
carrots

coconut oil/ salt, coffee , sugar as ingredients

To sterilise your gut and solve gut issues, antibiotics will work.
fatigue and gut issues are caused by gut bacteria rotting away in your intestines

OP
U

Undertone

Yep here's a pic of my hairline

Attachments

• 88240623_190911388913184_131709664667631616_n.jpg
    88240623_190911388913184_131709664667631616_n.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 258
OP
U

Undertone

Do you have a picture of yourself online you would like to share? Does not matter if you censor your face etc.
Oh I'm sorry did you meant a pic of me as in a pic of ME or just my hair ahaha ?

rei

Yeah i meant about whole you (preferably side profile), not only your hairline. The reason i asked is because i have a theory on MPB being caused by postural damage/fascial tension, if such lunacy interests you just look into my post history, no need to take pictures ;)

OP
U

Undertone

Yeah i meant about whole you (preferably side profile), not only your hairline. The reason i asked is because i have a theory on MPB being caused by postural damage/fascial tension, if such lunacy interests you just look into my post history, no need to take pictures ;)
Yea I can link you to my instagram you will find many pics of me : UNDERTONE (@theofficialundertone) • Instagram photos and videos
I also think it's linked to bad posture, tension etc, I'm really trying to reduce neck traps and scalp tension (PHH massages, Paul Taylor's compressions, stretches etc, I sleep on the ground etc)

baccheion

More magnesium. Waaay more. At least 1:1 with calcium and phosphorus. To bowel tolerance. Grams are fine. Also apply topically on scalp (maybe even with iodine and MSM; there are MSM + magnesium oil spray products).

Melatonin.

Melatonin and HGH/IGF-1 are the hormones that are different before typical onset of recession.

I'm suggesting hundreds of milligrams of melatonin. See: Jeff Bowles.

One is sufficient potassium. Another is retention. Melatonin, ZMA, AOR Ortho-Core, etc.

Beauty of melatonin is reduced oxidative stress, inflammation, reaction to endotoxin, lipid peroxidation, heavy metals, mTOR (during sleep), insulin resistance, cortisol, etc.

Vitamin K2.

Beta adrenergic receptor 2 agonism (usually from epinephrine) increases vasodilation and lowers inflammation. ADRB2 agonism is associated with warmer climates. Beta 3 increases thermogenesis and vasoconstriction.

Last edited:

JDreamer

Great thread. I’m in the same boat as you are, but the only difference is that I’m a diffuse thinner with a receding hairline and vertex balding too. I came to realise a few months ago that I’m very hypothyroid, so hopefully adequate thyroid medication is going to help me out. Currently waiting for them to arrive...
Thyroid should definitely help with CO2, I guess.

What did your thyroid labs look like?

redsun

Hi guys, I'm going to try and keep it short.

I've been balding since I'm 16yo. Receding hairline. Tried minoxidil for a year when I was 17 but I ended up allergic. After some research I dived deep into the hairloss rabbit hole and found along the way Rob's Perfect Hair Health method which I've been using with some succes for 2 years (stabilisation of the hairloss, no shedding, some minor regrowth mostly vellus.) it's mostly massages to decalcify the scalp and reduce tension.
Cleaned up my diet a lot, no heated PUFAS, no grains (except rice), no dairy, sweet potatoes, potatoes, quinoa, vegetables, raw carrots, loads of fruits, almonds, oats. I'm going to the gym 3x week.

I'm a NW2.5 with good density but my hairline is just ****88 up for my young and nothing seems to grow it back, I'm a tall guy, around 1m85cm but quite lean and pale (68kg, very low bodyfat).
I've been using ZIX wich is a mix of zinc sulfate and B6 P5P topically to reduce DHT and nizoral shampoo, some vellus regrowth but nothing crazy.
I also discovered Paul Taylor's skull expansion theory and started doing the compressions exercises for about a month now, it greatly loosens my scalp.
I'm doing breath holding exercises in the morning to raise C02.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask for help, but i'm willing to try anything that could help me regrow some hairs alongside my hairline. I was about to pull the trigger on Propecia (finasteride), and I think I will but I don't want to sacrifice my masculinity.

What should I do, I'm really growing tired of this.

Ask me anything I really want to be helped ! :)

How pale are we talking about here? Like as pale as possible or just naturally pale skin (which is not a concern). Could be iron deficiency anemia in that case which has hair loss as a symptom but seeing your picture now seems unlikely. Topical zinc and B6 doesn't make sense if you aren't also taking the zinc and B6 orally... Seems ridiculous to even think about taking Fin (which you should not) if you dont even try Zinc and B6 orally first. Also making sure B2 intake in the diet is high as B2 may also act as a 5AR inhibitor.

In case you intended this question for me: Yes absolutely. Cold hands, feet and ears u name it

Sounds like high adrenaline, typical of your metabolism causing a burn out in the body because its "too fast" so to speak causing hair loss or at least making it more likely. The fact that you are really lean also tells us probably metabolism is already fast unless you force yourself lean with calorie restriction.

The way I dealt with my cold extremities was taking high dose B2 + folic acid + vitamin C. Don't know if it will work for you though and how it will affect hair.

It would be paramount to avoid taking stimulants or anything that boosts metabolic rate it will likely just cause more shedding. This includes thyroid.

Last edited:

lampofred

I think high calcium and vitamin D intake would increase hair density, and keeping phosphate lower than calcium would be important too. I think getting all the fat soluble vitamins (liver, eggs) and avoiding PUFA completely and temporarily avoiding an excess of copper would also help. I think high TSH/prolactin is involved in loss of density so keeping fat low, carbs & protein high, getting sunlight, and taking T4, which will all lower TSH/prolactin, would probably help.

Based on your body type description, it sounds like you're burning a lot of fat, so I would recommend trying aspirin to lower FFA and increase sugar use. Aspirin also reduces prostaglandin production, and RP said prostaglandins are directly involved in hair follicle destruction.

Hope that helps. Also for hairline particularly (as opposed to crown), I think liver/vitamin A might be helpful.

OP
U

Undertone

How pale are we talking about here? Like as pale as possible or just naturally pale skin (which is not a concern). Could be iron deficiency anemia in that case which has hair loss as a symptom but seeing your picture now seems unlikely. Topical zinc and B6 doesn't make sense if you aren't also taking the zinc and B6 orally... Seems ridiculous to even think about taking Fin (which you should not) if you dont even try Zinc and B6 orally first. Also making sure B2 intake in the diet is high as B2 may also act as a 5AR inhibitor.

Sounds like high adrenaline, typical of your metabolism causing a burn out in the body because its "too fast" so to speak causing hair loss or at least making it more likely. The fact that you are really lean also tells us probably metabolism is already fast unless you force yourself lean with calorie restriction.

The way I dealt with my cold extremities was taking high dose B2 + folic acid + vitamin C. Don't know if it will work for you though and how it will affect hair.

It would be paramount to avoid taking stimulants or anything that boosts metabolic rate it will likely just cause more shedding. This includes thyroid.

I've always been pale, people always make comments about it I don't know if it's natural or not, but I hardly tan in summer.

OP
U

Undertone

So I should supplement with :
Melatonin
B6 P5P and Zinc
A thyroid supplement (lugol solution ?)
Magnesium
Vit D

Ableton

I was in the same boat as you at your age. Same body type too.

In retrospect I feel like being this skinny is bad for hair, as some fat seems to be protective against stress, sadly.
Have had similar issues as you, regarding digestion (thats a biggie in hair loss), fatigue, paleness, cold hands.

For the love of god, get an iron panel. I was anemic and that ****88 me hard, made me hypo as well. It's really common and fixed really easily. Took 2 pills and already had improvement. Just tell your doc you are always tired etc., maybe tell him you are vegetarian or whatever needs to be done lol. Being anemic and hypo will **** your density for sure at some point.

Consider Cypro to reset digestion, worked wonders for me. Prob good for hair too, since it seems to break the stress cycle.

Get sun, plenty of it on your scalp. You still have thick hair so it's hard for the sun to even reach it. My scalp environment is improving drastically as I just buzzed it for the first time and getting tons of uv now.

Judging from the quick glance I had on your pics you might have forward head posture. Use some tutorials on youtube to fix that.

What are those "compression exercises"? Just massages?

I'm getting interested in melatonin, if any1 wants to shoot me some nice links go ahead please <3

OP
U

Undertone

I was in the same boat as you at your age. Same body type too.

In retrospect I feel like being this skinny is bad for hair, as some fat seems to be protective against stress, sadly.
Have had similar issues as you, regarding digestion (thats a biggie in hair loss), fatigue, paleness, cold hands.

For the love of god, get an iron panel. I was anemic and that ****88 me hard, made me hypo as well. It's really common and fixed really easily. Took 2 pills and already had improvement. Just tell your doc you are always tired etc., maybe tell him you are vegetarian or whatever needs to be done lol. Being anemic and hypo will **** your density for sure at some point.

Consider Cypro to reset digestion, worked wonders for me. Prob good for hair too, since it seems to break the stress cycle.

Get sun, plenty of it on your scalp. You still have thick hair so it's hard for the sun to even reach it. My scalp environment is improving drastically as I just buzzed it for the first time and getting tons of uv now.

Judging from the quick glance I had on your pics you might have forward head posture. Use some tutorials on youtube to fix that.

What are those "compression exercises"? Just massages?

I'm getting interested in melatonin, if any1 wants to shoot me some nice links go ahead please <3

I'm working out in the gym 3x week, and eating a lot trying to gain weight. I will definitely try to get bloodwork done.

Any more suggestions ?

GreekDemiGod

I'm a tall guy, around 1m85cm but quite lean and pale (68kg, very low bodyfat).
It would benefit you to bulk up slowly, put on some muscle. For overall attractiveness. But don't go crazy training 6 days a week. It is of major importance to design your life in a way that minimizes stress, worries as much as possible, but still having a vibrant, active lifestyle.
You're closer to NW3 than NW2, gotta act fast.