I Missed My 5 Mg Evening Dose Of Valium, Now Have More Physical Anxiety Is This Neurological Damage?

TreasureVibe

Hey all, so last Thursday I missed my evening 5 mg valium dose and didn't take it for 10 hours, I took it in the morning after 10 hours and ever since I have increased physical anxiety in the morning, and in the evening. Could this be neurological damage and/or tolerance?

Thank you

Ableton

Missing the dose and being anyious about it in hindsight might have made you realize that you are actually anxious in mornings and evenings

Frankdee20

Usually, these drugs cause down regulation of GABA circuits, because they attach to GABA.... So when you run out, or miss a dose, you’ll get rebound Glutamate and there’s not much GABA left to shut it off... But Valium is long acting and shouldn’t have been a problem for one missed dose.... How much do you take ? 5 or 10 MG ?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Usually, these drugs cause down regulation of GABA circuits, because they attach to GABA.... So when you run out, or miss a dose, you’ll get rebound Glutamate and there’s not much GABA left to shut it off... But Valium is long acting and shouldn’t have been a problem for one missed dose.... How much do you take ? 5 or 10 MG ?
I take 0.5mg of ativan in the morning and 5 mg of valium, 10 mg of valium in the afternoon and 5 mg of valium in the evening. I missed my 5 mg valium evening dose. I take my morning dose at 9 am, my afternoon dose at 1 pm and my evening dose at 10 pm. I did a cold turkey before for 4 days so I developed a lot of tolerance to them so I'm extra fragile.

Missing the dose and being anyious about it in hindsight might have made you realize that you are actually anxious in mornings and evenings
It's physical anxiety, not mental, I didn't have physical anxiety in the morning or evening before I missed my dose..

Last edited:

CoconutEffect

It’s not neurosis, but worrying about it will make it worse obviously.

Dose asap, withdrawals start fast

TheSir

Simply put, it's withdrawal. If you consider forming neurological dependency on a substance damage, then it could be called such.

CoconutEffect

Simply put, it's withdrawal. If you consider forming neurological dependency on a substance damage, then it could be called such.
Correct, it’s withdrawal. Get back on some benzodiazepine and consider weaning off at some point, but do not wait anything out.

CoconutEffect

Now isn’t the time to be concerned about neurological damage, you’re going through withdrawal. Waiting any longer and you may risk a seizure.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Correct, it’s withdrawal. Get back on some benzodiazepine and consider weaning off at some point, but do not wait anything out.
Why am I going through withdrawal because of this missed dose when I previously didn't before the missed dose?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

So will I recover? Today I woke up with mild physical anxiety again which got worse after I took a shower. I didn't have this before the missed dose.

equipoise

So will I recover? Today I woke up with mild physical anxiety again which got worse after I took a shower. I didn't have this before the missed dose.

This is how things work. You take the same exact dose for days, even months and everything is okay. Suddenly your 5mg diazepam doesn't work before. It's called tolerance. So you up the dose a bit more, and then you feel alright. You can actually breathe normally again. Until that doesn't work. It's a vicious circle of you fighting it. I suggest finding your way to get off benzo's. They are worse than strong opiods to get off. Absolutely living hell if you've been going at em for some time.

Feel free to PM me for any questions. I succesfully quit a years long polydrug addiction (benzos+alcohol).

OP
T

TreasureVibe

This is how things work. You take the same exact dose for days, even months and everything is okay. Suddenly your 5mg diazepam doesn't work before. It's called tolerance. So you up the dose a bit more, and then you feel alright. You can actually breathe normally again. Until that doesn't work. It's a vicious circle of you fighting it. I suggest finding your way to get off benzo's. They are worse than strong opiods to get off. Absolutely living hell if you've been going at em for some time.

Feel free to PM me for any questions. I succesfully quit a years long polydrug addiction (benzos+alcohol).
I'm crossing over from ativan to valium in the morning then I will start tapering but the thing is, after that missed dose I developed tolerance it seems. Can this be possible?

equipoise

Check out Dr. Ashton's manual.

From top of my head just ditch the Ativan and do 5mg's Val morning and 5 before sleep.

Reduce the load by 10% every week or so.

Progesterone. If I only knew about it

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Check out Dr. Ashton's manual.

From top of my head just ditch the Ativan and do 5mg's Val morning and 5 before sleep.

Reduce the load by 10% every week or so.

Progesterone. If I only knew about it
I know about the Ashton manual. I can't lower my dose to 5 mg of valium in the morning I'll have terrible physical anxiety. I have to cross over to 10 first.

What about progesterone?

Frankdee20

Well said, and I’m inclined to agree...

Frankdee20

Librium and Valium have about the same half life and are the best to taper down with