I Just Have To Ask - Scandinavian Baldness

Queequeg

edit

Last edited:

Vinero

Cold climate, lack of sunlight, and high omega 3 intake from fatty fish like salmon probably increases their exposure to serotonin and other stress hormones.

Vinero

i have been wondering about this too, being scandinavian. however, it should be mentioned that older men often tend to have thick hair, full heads of hair. the leaner they are, the more likely you are to see this.. i believe the cause to be a combination of beer consumption, as well as the fact that literally everything has some sort of "plant oil" added here. for example, you basically can't find bread without canola oil added
Polyunsaturated oils added to breads and other staples which people eat daily is a huge factor in creating a hypothyroid/estrogen dominant population. This isn't restricted to scandinavia, but is a factor everywhere in the world such as the USA and Netherlands too.

Vinero

People are balding rapidly all over the world in any country touched by industrialization.

Those who are susceptible to balding bald, but that doesn’t mean that a proper diet can’t prevent the balding or regrowth from occurring.
You are right, balding is occuring all over the world, not just scandinavian countries. It also occurs in warmer countries like Spain so it's isn't just due to climate.
Added polyunsaturated oils to commerial foods is one of the main reasons I think in creating a estrogen dominant population prone to balding.

Vinero

My Grandpa is German with a full head of hair at 85. He didn't even go grey til later yrs. Plus he is type 2 diabetic (well controlled).
Germany is not a scandinavian country. Germans are not exactly known for healthy habits. Think of their large beer and pork consumption, which are both estrogenic.

InChristAlone

Germany is not a scandinavian country. Germans are not exactly known for healthy habits. Think of their large beer and pork consumption, which are both estrogenic.
He was born in the US. Just saying his grandparents were from Germany. I was always amazed by his hair.

Queequeg

Vinero

InChristAlone

Yeah beer is just terrible. Terrible.

rei

not exactly scientific but not much out there I could find

The 11 Baldest Countries in the World - #1 is so Random, It's Shocking!
1. Czech Republic
2. Spain
3. Germany
4. France
5. UK
6. US
7. Italy
8. Poland
9. Netherlands
10. Canada
11. Russia

full article

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the baldest of them all? Japan top for male baldness in Asia

How many of those countries are scandinavian? :D

This should have been the first reply in this thread and end it as based on false premise.

Cameron

Avoiding plant oils is key here and stress with over all healthy metabolic action a couple low hoppy beers once in awhile shouldn't cause a bald head plenty off long hair bearded hipsters live of ipas and pufa food in the states so there are other factors

Vinero

Avoiding plant oils is key here and stress with over all healthy metabolic action a couple low hoppy beers once in awhile shouldn't cause a bald head plenty off long hair bearded hipsters live of ipas and pufa food in the states so there are other factors
I agree, I also drink a couple of beers once a while. I don't experience any hairloss when I drink beer. It's probably the interaction of high PUFA foods with beer.

Cameron

I agree, I also drink a couple of beers once a while. I don't experience any hairloss when I drink beer. It's probably the interaction of high PUFA foods with beer.
Maybe another metabolite of 5ar increases that we aren't even aware with cortisol estrogen that we aren't even aware of could explain fat alcoholics with beards. Personally a beer or two on weekends helps a lot with recovery strength for me

Vinero

Maybe another metabolite of 5ar increases that we aren't even aware with cortisol estrogen that we aren't even aware of could explain fat alcoholics with beards. Personally a beer or two on weekends helps a lot with recovery strength for me
I think a beer or two is a very safe amount of alcohol and can even be beneficial.

Runenight201

not exactly scientific but not much out there I could find

The 11 Baldest Countries in the World - #1 is so Random, It's Shocking!
1. Czech Republic
2. Spain
3. Germany
4. France
5. UK
6. US
7. Italy
8. Poland
9. Netherlands
10. Canada
11. Russia

full article

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the baldest of them all? Japan top for male baldness in Asia

Click-bait titles are so cringey, I find it hard to believe that statistically they get more clicks, but there must be some grounding in them.

I think a beer or two is a very safe amount of alcohol and can even be beneficial.

Yes most likely psychological de-stressing which helps lower cortisol. Especially when consumed with good company, which would boost happiness and all the associated hormones.

My theory is that when the bulk of the diet is good, "bad" foods are able to used in appropriate amounts to a positive effect. Wheat for pure calories, alcohol/tobacco for de-stressing, vegetables for micronutrients and better tasting plates.

Cameron

Click-bait titles are so cringey, I find it hard to believe that statistically they get more clicks, but there must be some grounding in them.

Yes most likely psychological de-stressing which helps lower cortisol. Especially when consumed with good company, which would boost happiness and all the associated hormones.

My theory is that when the bulk of the diet is good, "bad" foods are able to used in appropriate amounts to a positive effect. Wheat for pure calories, alcohol/tobacco for de-stressing, vegetables for micronutrients and better tasting plates.
Couldn't agree more when I have a pipe and a beer with a nice greasy burger once a week it definitely has a positive effect as long as most the week is focused on nutrient food and metabolism and low stress oj gelatin milk steak eggs fruit