I Have Tried It All: T4, T3-only, T3/T4-combo, NDT. Here I Share What I Learned

What drug are you using to replace thyroid?

• T3

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • T4

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • T3+T4 (synthetic)

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • NDT

Votes: 31 26.5%

• Total voters

Elize

Thank you!
I think my cortisol isn't adequate really, so it probably explains why t3 effects disappears after a few days.
Most days I experience strange dip in my mood/energy/ body temp/everything_really at 5 PM, by the clock. Its very intense and lasts for 2-4 hours with slowly recovery towards midnight.
I noticed that magnesium makes these dips significantly worse, salt helps a lot, as well as vitamin A and protein, especially liver (probably due to vit A once again). Sounds like cortisol getting too low? I should probably eat more carbs, which is exactly the problem here, because at the moment I can't tolerate any.
Magnesium lowers cortisol and why I can't use it. Same I experience with vitamin A. I have a similar issue too.

Sergey

Magnesium is also problematic when thiamine is deficient/insufficient. I do feel better on magnesium, but have to take it transdermally in the morning, at least several hours before 5 pm. Lots of thiamine helps a lot with tolerating magnesium.

Elize

I have all B,s separate. Potassium in range. Having labs done on Monday. Thyroid Low T4 i

jmojo

I'm someone who has wild influxes of adrenaline when I take anything with t3 in it. Does this indicate the need to experiment with HC? I also tend to have frequent urination and blood sugar issues. Peat has always been against HC therapy but it seems to really help out some people.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

I'm someone who has wild influxes of adrenaline when I take anything with t3 in it. Does this indicate the need to experiment with HC? I also tend to have frequent urination and blood sugar issues. Peat has always been against HC therapy but it seems to really help out some people.
Very individual thing. Read the guide I wrote

MitchMitchell

Isn't that an enormous dosage??

It is but it’s somewhat common in psychiatry patients to go up to 100-200mcg. I suppose that low levels of cortisol really lower sensitivity to T3. At least that’s how I explain such dosages. It’s fairly common to see a lack of positive effect even on high doses of any hormone, goes to show how unhealthy some people are unfortunately.

It is but it’s somewhat common in psychiatry patients to go up to 100-200mcg. I suppose that low levels of cortisol really lower sensitivity to T3. At least that’s how I explain such dosages. It’s fairly common to see a lack of positive effect even on high doses of any hormone, goes to show how unhealthy some people are unfortunately.
I require a high amount of thyroid to be normothyroid. Dr. Wilson said patients can take up to the amount of was taking so long as they work up to it.

I take about 200mcg of t4 and 50mcg of t3 today in the winter.

Peater Pan

2) Yes, I and multiple people I think highly of (which have all tried multiple types of thyroid therapy) think that NDT is best (for the average person)
Too bad there's no good quality NDT on the US market anymore. And, before you say Armour…**** Armour with their $100+/month bull****.

Peater Pan

Yes, Wilson protocol is certainly not a must. But it worked for me and many others.
so I wake still around 97.4F. or so. My temps rise to 98.6 - 99 by the afternoon. Resting HR is around 78 or so. My temps fall under 98F when I'm ready for sleep.

I am a little more out of breath when I exercise. But hopefully that will pass. Otherwise I feel really good this way.
Wow, still not 'normal' waking temps w/that dose!? Makes me think I have quite a high ceiling above me. Maybe we're both thyroid resistant?

Peater Pan

it is probably related to past health and current weather.
My temps were going up, then I had a spinal cord injury (which actually pushed waking temps near normal for the first two days afterword?Inflammation?) and a cold front moved in…Now on a 'dose pack' (medrol) for pain and temps going the other way so upping dose. Used 1/4 t of progeste-e topically over disc last night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals