I Have TMJ Sclerosis, Any Relevant Chemicals To Help It ?

Bogdar

Hey,

Just got back from the dentist. My right side TMJ (jaw joint) febrility and instability is very probably caused by scar tissue, and (or might be the same thing) tissue sclerosis on the right side.
Dentist made a little mechanical program I have to do daily, involving jutting my jaw laterally.

Also, every mechanical causes leading to scar tissue has been treated so the cause of harm is not present anymore. However, it's still been over a year after healing, and still have instability/scar tissue despite doing some exercises - but not so regularly -.

I know some chemicals have effects on scar tissue, and I would like to put every chance of healing on my side, and so I thought about applying locally on my right TMJ that would help the process.

Any advices ? Thanks :):

InChristAlone

You could be clenching and grinding in your sleep which is the hardest to treat cause of TMJ dysfunction. I put mag oil on my TMJ area before bed. It seems to relax the muscles that cause clenching.

Gone Peating

Topical pregnenolone progesterone and oxidal.

I don’t see how jaw jutting would be of any benefit to someone suffering tmj pain. I would see another tmj dentist to get a second opinion.

If your symptoms continue to get worse, then look for a tmj dentist that really knows what they are doing, get an xray (cover that thyroid gland) to see if your joints have slipped out of the socket. Once your tmj pops out of its socket it can’t be put back in and there will be no separation between the upper and low jaw bone creating constant pressure and pain.

The only way to fix that issue is with splint therapy

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I don't clench anymore. Haven't been clenching for years now. As I said I no harm is being caused to my TMJs, now it's just a matter of regeneration.

(actually my tongue is still lacking a bit of strength -> function, so it still sometimes creates mild tension, so I still have to work on it a bit, however it doesn't explain totally the instability, which is just scar tissue from old clenching and brackets)

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Topical pregnenolone progesterone and oxidal.

I don’t see how jaw jutting would be of any benefit to someone suffering tmj pain. I would see another tmj dentist to get a second opinion.

If your symptoms continue to get worse, then look for a tmj dentist that really knows what they are doing, get an xray (cover that thyroid gland) to see if your joints have slipped out of the socket. Once your tmj pops out of its socket it can’t be put back in and there will be no separation between the upper and low jaw bone creating constant pressure and pain.

The only way to fix that issue is with splint therapy
I know I've been laconic in my first post so I'll develop a bit of my story now to be clearer.

My symptoms got worse 4 years ago and I went to see dentists, orthodontists & physiotherapist. Done a lot of work and a lot of bad dentists/physiotherapist to finally meet a dentist who knew what she was doing and who saved me. I already had xray which showed my joints were both slipped out of their pocket and my joint was grinded.
I have done 12 months of permanent splint and reeducation.

My joints healed, as well as condyles, and sockets. After years of treatment most of symptoms are gone except that right side instability (which is still better than before). But my occlusion is perfect, as well as joints, the only problem left is the stiff socket which lacks a lot of flexibility, because of scar tissue. :):

Thanks for advices. Would you develop on how these products will be relevant, and I'm actually scared of using hormones. So what about oxidal ?

Gone Peating

I know I've been laconic in my first post so I'll develop a bit of my story now to be clearer.

My symptoms got worse 4 years ago and I went to see dentists, orthodontists & physiotherapist. Done a lot of work and a lot of bad dentists/physiotherapist to finally meet a dentist who knew what she was doing and who saved me. I already had xray which showed my joints were both slipped out of their pocket and my joint was grinded.
I have done 12 months of permanent splint and reeducation.

My joints healed, as well as condyles, and sockets. After years of treatment most of symptoms are gone except that right side instability (which is still better than before). But my occlusion is perfect, as well as joints, the only problem left is the stiff socket which lacks a lot of flexibility, because of scar tissue. :):

Thanks for advices. Would you develop on how these products will be relevant, and I'm actually scared of using hormones. So what about oxidal ?

That’s fantastic! Glad to hear it. Tmj is one of the most debilitating conditions to suffer from. The pain never stops and will only continue to get worse if not properly treated so I am glad to hear you were able to get the right help.

Pregnenolone and progesterone are considered the safest hormones to help our bodies heal. You don’t run the risk of shutting off your body’s own endogenous production by supplementing with them. People who suffer from severe chronic disorders like tmj probably should supp some of these to assist in their recovery.

Oxidal is without a doubt the best thing I’ve ever put on my tmj neck area to help deal with pain and inflammation. Methylene blue is very safe in small amounts like in oxidal imo

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

That’s fantastic! Glad to hear it. Tmj is one of the most debilitating conditions to suffer from. The pain never stops and will only continue to get worse if not properly treated so I am glad to hear you were able to get the right help.

Pregnenolone and progesterone are considered the safest hormones to help our bodies heal. You don’t run the risk of shutting off your body’s own endogenous production by supplementing with them. People who suffer from severe chronic disorders like tmj probably should supp some of these to assist in their recovery.

Oxidal is without a doubt the best thing I’ve ever put on my tmj neck area to help deal with pain and inflammation. Methylene blue is very safe in small amounts like in oxidal imo

Can confirm. Couldn't speak or eat properly for years. Every mistake like trying to casually speak, hanging out or yawning had a price. Went totally isolated. Face melted visually also. Even rest wasn't rest because of tinnitus and muscle dysfunction that would hurt a lot when not moving. Worst nightmare I've ever lived. That dentist literally saved my life and I owe her everything I can do today. :):
Off topic tho.

I will take a look and dig a little bit into oxidal and other hormones related products by haidut. Thanks

Gone Peating

Can confirm. Couldn't speak or eat properly for years. Every mistake like trying to casually speak, hanging out or yawning had a price. Went totally isolated. Face melted visually also. Even rest wasn't rest because of tinnitus and muscle dysfunction that would hurt a lot when not moving. Worst nightmare I've ever lived. That dentist literally saved my life and I owe her everything I can do today. :):
Off topic tho.

I will take a look and dig a little bit into oxidal and other hormones related products by haidut. Thanks

Absolutely agree.

I had not thought about how horribly painful those years of my life were in some time. This was a great reminder, I’m so lucky to be where I am now.

Thanks for sharing your story :) glad to hear you are healed