I Have Started And Stopped Starch Like 50 Times And The End Result Is Always The Same

Dobbler

Every damn time i ditch the starch (potatoes, white rice) my well-being improves in every aspect. I once again noticed this and it surprises me every time but i quess i'll never learn. For few months i was eating potatoes daily ranging from 500-1000g. For one day i ditched them and next day is like waking up from a dream. The difference is so baffling. It's hard to explain but you feel like different person. Does it heal all problems? No, but it sure as hell improves your well-being. Now if you do fine with starches, i believe you. But many of us don't, and ditching them can make a big difference.

Mauritio

Endotoxin

YourUniverse

When I quit starch I feel better for a few weeks, then start feeling worse. When I reintroduce starch, I feel better for a few weeks, then start feeling worse.

reality

Are you sure it’s starch related? Potatoes can be a problem for a lot of people, myself included.

have you tried having only white rice?

OP
D

Dobbler

Are you sure it’s starch related? Potatoes can be a problem for a lot of people, myself included.

I have not. I'm aware that potatoes are not the easiest starch, which is shame because they taste very good. Unfortunately you pay the price next day..

duckduck

I can eat 500g beans every day without no problems, but I don't tolerate potatoes at all. So you can't just say it's the starch at fault here. Beans, lentils, broccoli, sweet potatoes and cabbage won't give me any bloating at all, but if I eat couple of potatoes, BAM, I'm pregnant!

skittles

When I quit starch I feel better for a few weeks, then start feeling worse. When I reintroduce starch, I feel better for a few weeks, then start feeling worse.
I can relate to this lol
The problem seems to go away if I just stop thinking about it so much

Uselis

Same here. Mentally I am totally different person but unfortunately I never feel satisfied or at ease hunger wise without starch.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Same here. Mentally I am totally different person but unfortunately I never feel satisfied or at ease hunger wise without starch.
What's your meat intake like?

Hans

Forum Supporter

I also started to think perhaps my issues was only with potatoes so I tried white rice and started getting issues. So I stick to the starch free diet for optimal benefits (for me).

MitchMitchell

Sounds like a combination of food intolerance (saponins?) and endotoxins/serotonin maybe.

Alternatively: potatoes have a very high insulin index so you might go hypoglycemic somewhat.

Zpol

In my experience, I had a major Herxheimer response about 3 days after quitting starch. It was severe, would have gone to the ER but my boyfriend at the time said he it could be a 'healing crisis' and sure enough, I was better by morning and the stomach pain never came back until I attempted to reintroduce a small amount of starch (won't be doing that again). I have dealt with extreme and debilitating gut inflammation for most of my life though, and a bacterial overflowth infection that was unresponsive to antibiotics so I suppose I was an extreme case.
Basically, quitting starch was essential for me. I think for people like me it's easy to continue to keep it out of the diet because adding it back in would be so much more painful. Necessity sparks creativity and I've found lots of foods to replace the need for starch. Drawing upon my HCLF fat, I eat lots of over-ripe bananas and dates to calories up and dried carrot sticks for when I want a crunchy texture.

Jing

I also started to think perhaps my issues was only with potatoes so I tried white rice and started getting issues. So I stick to the starch free diet for optimal benefits (for me).
What does a diet of no starch look like?

Uselis

What's your meat intake like?

I'd say max 150g of chicken breast.

I also have physical job and like to walk a bit so maybe it's a pipe dream to pull it off no starch with such lifestyle.

How much meat do you think it's "neccessary" to eat if one would drop starch without issues? I'd guess at least 300g which has its own problems (iron and bad Ca:Ph ratio).

Thanks

rei

you would preferably want beef or other ruminant meat, not chicken.

Cloudhands

I think more people should expiriment with amylopectin sources. The water soluble starch dissolves mostly before it can be fermented in the colon. Sticky rice, waxy potatoes etc. Fruits arent good to me, its hard to find ripe ones, and theyre expensive. Sticky rice, with a little brer BSmolasses, cream of tartar, salt, tiny bit of coconut oil and brewers yeast does me good. Russet Potatoes, long grain rice, lentils, they all make me ***t giant soft piles and make me feel fatigued.