I Have Started And Stopped Starch Like 50 Times And The End Result Is Always The Same

tankasnowgod

How do you not get constipated from all your milk? Seems like you drink an insane amount of milk to reach your protein needs.

I think a lot of constipation issues from milk usually come from a sudden increase in dietary calcium. If you are used to drinking milk and/or eating cheese, yogurt, and such, it's probably not too big a deal, so long as you don't dramatically up your intake (like going from a pint a day to a half gallon a day, in a short time span).

tankasnowgod

The whole concept surrounding starch is so frustrating to me. I'd love to eat a primarily starch based diet, I love the /idea/ of it. I love rice and pasta and legumes and potatoes, they're satisfying and they're the base for like all delicious meals. There's a big part of me, frankly, that would like to be able to give up meat completely and get my protein from legumes...
Weird. Now that I've finally figured out how to make a no starch diet work, I don't want any of those things with meals. So long as I'm getting adequate sugar, I am more than happy. Always liked meat and milk, getting protein mostly from legumes sounds horrid to me. I was eating one potato a week (as french fries made in coconut oil), and that was okay. Otherwise, I just want to reserve starch for vacations and such.

I think the things to look at would be digestion, the gut, and also iron levels. If you get iron levels near deficiency, that would likely help handling starch, and all carbs, really. Maybe also a round or two of antibiotics. You could be getting some endotoxin and serotonin issues.

gaze

Weird. Now that I've finally figured out how to make a no starch diet work, I don't want any of those things with meals. So long as I'm getting adequate sugar, I am more than happy. Always liked meat and milk, getting protein mostly from legumes sounds horrid to me. I was eating one potato a week (as french fries made in coconut oil), and that was okay. Otherwise, I just want to reserve starch for vacations and such.

I think the things to look at would be digestion, the gut, and also iron levels. If you get iron levels near deficiency, that would likely help handling starch, and all carbs, really. Maybe also a round or two of antibiotics. You could be getting some endotoxin and serotonin issues.
I feel happier and better no starch, but from a taste perspective I still prefer french toast, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, baguettes, sandwiches, mac and cheese, pizzas. Orange juice, honey, and milk are good but theyd be better alongside those other foods. But all of those others foods give me intense serotonin symptoms after a few days (even with no iron, sourdough bread) so its just not worth it at all

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I feel happier and better no starch, but from a taste perspective I still prefer french toast, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, baguettes, sandwiches, mac and cheese, pizzas.
Those things are good, and it's more the total food than just the starch (excepting things like french fries and hashbrowns, which are simply potatoes cooked in fat, delicious on their own). I don't usually eat most of those things since my paleo days anyway, one thing that made a transition to a Peat style diet easy. If I have enough sugar, I don't even think about those foods, though.

Jbird10

Since ya'll are discussing milk on this thread. Does anybody know whether the low temperature pasteurization non-homogenized milk is any better than store bought pasteurized homogenized enough to justify paying 3x the price? They are claiming that it kills the bad bacteria then leaves the protein and good enzymes in tact. The low temperature is 145 degrees for 30 minutes and not the higher temperature (I think 175? degrees). I thought the milk's cream would separate with it being non-homogenized but it didn't seem to at all. I think they are doing this in order to be sold in stores in the city's health stores. Also, do you have an opinion on A1 vs. A2. Thanks anybody's input, appreciated.

Cloudhands

Since ya'll are discussing milk on this thread. Does anybody know whether the low temperature pasteurization non-homogenized milk is any better than store bought pasteurized homogenized enough to justify paying 3x the price? They are claiming that it kills the bad bacteria then leaves the protein and good enzymes in tact. The low temperature is 145 degrees for 30 minutes and not the higher temperature (I think 175? degrees). I thought the milk's cream would separate with it being non-homogenized but it didn't seem to at all. I think they are doing this in order to be sold in stores in the city's health stores. Also, do you have an opinion on A1 vs. A2. Thanks anybody's input, appreciated.
A2 is the only thing that keeps me from being constipated. Also i mentally feel better on it

equipoise

No starch is better, but there's a social component to eating potatoes, pasta, atleast where I'm from where people still cook a lot at home.
I just don't come to someone's house and say "Oh, I'm eating only fruit because that delicious risotto you made might just give me some endotoxin symptoms." I just eat those. Food is a social thing and personally, as long as it's cooked food and I keep it a meal a day, I feel perfectly fine, great digestion and transit time with ghost wipes. So I guess it depends on what you're going for.

gaze

"Oh, I'm eating only fruit because that delicious risotto you made might just give me some endotoxin symptoms."
hahahaha. "yea I can't eat that rice because a man by the name of volkheimer showed in the 1970s that when rats were fed 200g of cornstarch it was persorped"

equipoise

hahahaha. "yea I can't eat that rice because a man by the name of volkheimer showed in the 1970s that when rats were fed 200g of cornstarch it was persorped"
imagine the stares you'd get, will try this at next get together and report back haha!

gaze

imagine the stares you'd get, will try this at next get together and report back haha!
It feels like such an elitist position to turn down food for perceived health benefits. especially considering how many people in the world are starving or malnourished or in poverty. Before I learned about nutrition, I used to hate the people who said they didn't eat gluten, dairy, meat, etc. Now im one of them to a certain degree except with nuts, seeds, starches, all restaurant food cause pufa oils, high tryptophan meat, etc. There's for sure good reason to nourish yourself, but at the same time keeping some humility and eating "normal people" food, even if its anti-metabolic, can have positive effects for the psyche. Just to connect with people more socially and as a part of the human expierence in general. It doesn't feel good to be so far out on the fringe in terms of lifestyle habits, it can be isolating at times.

T

TheBeard

It feels like such an elitist position to turn down food for perceived health benefits. especially considering how many people in the world are starving or malnourished or in poverty. Before I learned about nutrition, I used to hate the people who said they didn't eat gluten, dairy, meat, etc. Now im one of them to a certain degree except with nuts, seeds, starches, all restaurant food cause pufa oils, high tryptophan meat, etc. There's for sure good reason to nourish yourself, but at the same time keeping some humility and eating "normal people" food, even if its anti-metabolic, can have positive effects for the psyche. Just to connect with people more socially and as a part of the human expierence in general. It doesn't feel good to be so far out on the fringe in terms of lifestyle habits, it can be isolating at times.

Selling yourself short and going back to physiologically unadapted foods doesn't constitute a social interaction goal.
If bonding with friends involves sharing a PUFA-ladden pizza, then I don't want friends.

My bonds with friends have been stronger and interactions have been of a much higher quality since I'm on my carnivore-ish diet.
I've had the guts to explain to them clearly why I do it, I've exposed to them what foods I can eat, and I make surto not burden their organization with it.
I blend in with my food restrictions, either not eating when impossible, or ordering something I can eat when possible.

The rationalization of having to blend in to not destroy your relationships is just that: a rationalization from not having the guts to stand out, ouf of fear you'll lose your friends.

Funnily enough the carnivore-ish diet is what gave me the guts to stand out and hold my way among social situations, as my anxiety has plummeted with the endotoxin reduction.

I haven't lost one friend, if anything I'm being respected even more for being someone who makes conscious choices.

Nomane Euger

Selling yourself short and going back to physiologically unadapted foods doesn't constitute a social interaction goal.
If bonding with friends involves sharing a PUFA-ladden pizza, then I don't want friends.

My bonds with friends have been stronger and interactions have been of a much higher quality since I'm on my carnivore-ish diet.
I've had the guts to explain to them clearly why I do it, I've exposed to them what foods I can eat, and I make surto not burden their organization with it.
I blend in with my food restrictions, either not eating when impossible, or ordering something I can eat when possible.

The rationalization of having to blend in to not destroy your relationships is just that: a rationalization from not having the guts to stand out, ouf of fear you'll lose your friends.

Funnily enough the carnivore-ish diet is what gave me the guts to stand out and hold my way among social situations, as my anxiety has plummeted with the endotoxin reduction.

I haven't lost one friend, if anything I'm being respected even more for being someone who makes conscious choices.
yes its as simple as, if you are afraid of other peoples perspectives,and they comments on your dietary pattern,and ask you about it,and you feel djuge and incomfortable and ramble instead of giving a clear explaination,you will be peirceive as a stupid quack,if you simply,give them an explanation with a tone that manifest that it doesnt make you any incofrtable and you do not bother about their djugements and even that you can make fun about it,then they go next and even some will perceive you as the Alpha beast.but the simple answer should be"because i feel better"end of it.anyway even in a lot of "friends"social groups,they do not miss an occasion to belittle the other,and try to put their self beyond others.as the beard say a proper diet will make your cosmo energy a lot better to the point where just vibrating your vocals cords to say hello to a woman will eliminate all beta contenders lel.like Tom hardy just growling "HHHHHM"no need to talk

Nomane Euger

neggez,do you pick your oranges only very well ripped or if you have no other possibility youll pick poorly ripped oranges?did you notice a clear difference with very well ripped oranges non juiced,and very well ripped oranges juiced?

gaze

it's all fun and games until carnivore somehow stops working for you. and then your telling your friends your on a new diet, and then once that fails you tell them your on a new diet again. eventually you turn into the boy who cried wolf. it's a scenario i've seen play out hundreds of times from people's experiences on the internet and in real life. all i know is i'm apprehensive to make any declaration on a "diet" i follow as if i feel like superman and any poor-person food is beneath my status, because i sure as hell am not confident enough to say that I will for sure never again regularly eat that food for the rest of my life, cause my mind may change down the line. nor do i feel like some superhero with 0 health problems on the current diet i eat now. you just end up looking like a fool avoiding certain foods at gatherings with friends, only to end up eating that food with no problems later down the line in life.

Last edited:

equipoise

Lmao it doesn't have anything to do with "fear" of saying you avoid PUFA and giving cliffs to people why you think PUFA is bad. It's about not being so meticulous about food that you avoid anything that's not perfect food in your head.
Eat a pizza and take some extra vit E for christ sake, nothing's gonna happen, especially when you pound exogenous hormones to become resilient to stress, while being tilted by combination of bread and olive oil

Nomane Euger

Lmao it doesn't have anything to do with "fear" of saying you avoid PUFA and giving cliffs to people why you think PUFA is bad. It's about not being so meticulous about food that you avoid anything that's not perfect food in your head.
Eat a pizza and take some extra vit E for christ sake, nothing's gonna happen, especially when you pound exogenous hormones to become resilient to stress, while being tilted by combination of bread and olive oil
For some peoples unfortunately eating certains foods only once **** them up a week,when I eat cheese or dairy I get constipated hardcore for a full week up until I go to the toilets,put my hands on both whole,and force to the point where my head is gonna explode,40 minutes fight,then my **** get stab by a 50 caliber poop,i bleed,I have migraines for at least 1 hour,and during this whole week I was being poison by a stream of poop and having Weird ideas.So it’s free to anyone to gauge whever the negatives experiences that occur from certains foods are « acceptable »to feat the social event.in certains cases,it’s not being meticulous,it’s not being a relativist **** that thing that ephemeral pleasure should be prioritize among your overall Well being,like me with dairy(and I am French,I love cheese,I ate them all,and I can eat a kilo of cheese at once)

T

TheBeard

it's all fun and games until carnivore somehow stops working for you. and then your telling your friends your on a new diet, and then once that fails you tell them your on a new diet again. eventually you turn into the boy who cried wolf. it's a scenario i've seen play out hundreds of times from people's experiences on the internet and in real life. all i know is i'm apprehensive to make any declaration on a "diet" i follow as if i feel like superman and any poor-person food is beneath my status, because i sure as hell am not confident enough to say that I will for sure never again regularly eat that food for the rest of my life, cause my mind may change down the line. nor do i feel like some superhero with 0 health problems on the current diet i eat now. you just end up looking like a fool avoiding certain foods at gatherings with friends, only to end up eating that food with no problems later down the line in life.

I'm not being facetious
I'm not being snobbish
I'm not higher than though.

I've gone 5 years with extreme digestion issues, which I've finally understood how to solve with carnivore + fruit juice.

This diet is conducive to extreme mental clarity, upbeat mood, great sexual performance, and overall life enjoyment.

It's been working for me for a solid 6 months, I'm still waiting for the day it stops working.

T

TheBeard

I have to be meticulous with picking the food I ingest if I want to keep having the quality of life I have.
The sheer amount of joy from feeling good is far superior from tasting carbs for 10 minutes.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

100% the same for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals