I have PFS, can anyone explain this temporary penis size recovery from using clomid and zinc

blue_lotus

first some background, the main problem I experience from PFS (out of many) is a shrunken penis; I went from having a penis with nice length and girth to having a very skinny and small penis (this happened overnight btw). so, a few years ago I was experimenting with this idea of hiking up my estrogen levels with clomid and then suddenly dropping them using zinc in order to help shock my estrogen receptors and possibly restore their sensitivity and thus improve my erections (the penis has many e2 receptors apparently).

I recall that I took clomid daily for around two weeks (I didnt notice any benefits) and then at the end of the two weeks I took 100 mg of zinc; on the night that I took the zinc I woke up after sleeping for a few hours and my original size had returned. my morning wood was nice and girthy again; unfortunately this effect faded after I dozed off and woke up again the next morning. can somebody explain what happened to me?

Jayvee

first some background, the main problem I experience from PFS (out of many) is a shrunken penis; I went from having a penis with nice length and girth to having a very skinny and small penis (this happened overnight btw). so, a few years ago I was experimenting with this idea of hiking up my estrogen levels with clomid and then suddenly dropping them using zinc in order to help shock my estrogen receptors and possibly restore their sensitivity and thus improve my erections (the penis has many e2 receptors apparently).

I recall that I took clomid daily for around two weeks (I didnt notice any benefits) and then at the end of the two weeks I took 100 mg of zinc; on the night that I took the zinc I woke up after sleeping for a few hours and my original size had returned. my morning wood was nice and girthy again; unfortunately this effect faded after I dozed off and woke up again the next morning. can somebody explain what happened to me?

I am coming out of PFS (slowly) and the sleep thing always frustrated me. I could never understand why I could sometimes get an erection at night and things feel normal but then wake up feeling back in a PFS state. My only real conclusion from it is that is when your system has a temporary shift in hormones and neurotransmitters (lower prolactin, lower cortisol, higher testosterone, more allopregnanolone, GABA etc). I have on several occasions replicated this for several times during the day via foods and supplements. I had a really good stint with theanine and T3 and I genuinely thought I had cracked it but now neither things do much for me. It's a tricky one because I think their are several things going on with PFS which make it a tricky balancing act and occasionally by chance things temporarily 'fall into place' and we feel good. From my experience, I think a more general approach to health is best, getting adequate calories and nutrition and then experimenting with some herbs and supps like theanine, taurine, Ginseng, Bacopa, cordyceps, SJW but introducing only one at a time and in small doses for a week or 2 to test your response and then using them every other day to avoid any kind of build up or desensitization. I have ultimately found that it's really more to do with getting the right brain chemicals firing (not going to pretend I know all the right ones so for me it's been more of a shotgun approach than a sniper approach). I even experimented with microdosing MDMA (not recommending this) and found that all my symtoms went away which led me down a whole different path/understanding. Alongside this I have found T and DHT useful, mostly for the cognitive things so this is clearly disrupted in someway too (but we all know this to be true anyway).

Sorry this is a really long winded answer but I felt it needed some context/experience to help understand where my understanding comes from.

Mister

I have somewhat same experience with clomid. After 4 weeks of clomid cycle I woke up with a massive boner and great libido, feeling. Was basically recovered...sadly didn't last.

joaquin

This forum needs to have a separate section just for penis and graphically described semen questions.

wildworld1992

I am coming out of PFS (slowly) and the sleep thing always frustrated me. I could never understand why I could sometimes get an erection at night and things feel normal but then wake up feeling back in a PFS state. My only real conclusion from it is that is when your system has a temporary shift in hormones and neurotransmitters (lower prolactin, lower cortisol, higher testosterone, more allopregnanolone, GABA etc). I have on several occasions replicated this for several times during the day via foods and supplements. I had a really good stint with theanine and T3 and I genuinely thought I had cracked it but now neither things do much for me. It's a tricky one because I think their are several things going on with PFS which make it a tricky balancing act and occasionally by chance things temporarily 'fall into place' and we feel good. From my experience, I think a more general approach to health is best, getting adequate calories and nutrition and then experimenting with some herbs and supps like theanine, taurine, Ginseng, Bacopa, cordyceps, SJW but introducing only one at a time and in small doses for a week or 2 to test your response and then using them every other day to avoid any kind of build up or desensitization. I have ultimately found that it's really more to do with getting the right brain chemicals firing (not going to pretend I know all the right ones so for me it's been more of a shotgun approach than a sniper approach). I even experimented with microdosing MDMA (not recommending this) and found that all my symtoms went away which led me down a whole different path/understanding. Alongside this I have found T and DHT useful, mostly for the cognitive things so this is clearly disrupted in someway too (but we all know this to be true anyway).

Sorry this is a really long winded answer but I felt it needed some context/experience to help understand where my understanding comes from.
how's your recovery going?

Jayvee

how's your recovery going?

Still good but slow. Cognitively I'm 80% there, I'm able to get a erections no problem. My only lagging issues are libido and anhedonia. I'm looking to try reintroduce Rhodiola in small doses to get things firing again. I should add I have a baby so sleep is heavily disrupted and so therefore my recovery is but ultimately im on the mend.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals