I Have One Of The Hemochromatosis Genes

Josh

Hey guys, last post regarding Iron..

So increased my red meat intake since September 2017 (before then eat no red meat but eat chicken etc a lot) and then had Iron blood test around May 2018 below:
-‘Serum Ferritin’ 230 ug/L (15-300).
-‘Serum iron level’ 19umol/L (10-30).
-‘Serum Transferrin’ 2.4 g/L (2.0 - 4.0).
-‘Transferrin Saturation index’ 31.5% (20-50%).

Then continued to eat red meat most days probably eating more and more as I’ve gone along and got more serious in gym and then had this blood test April 2019:
-Ferritin 262.
-Serum iron 29.
-Serum Transferrin 2.2.
-Saturation 52.5%.

So as you can you see from April 19 there was a big increase in levels, I donated blood a week later and so from then onwards I’ve more or less been without red meat, only until last month or so eating liver now and then again and red meat now and again and went on holiday in last two weeks eating it most days.. re did test last week June 2019: (Gutted there was no Ferritin!!)
-Serum Iron 22.
-Serum Transferrin 2.5.
-Transferrin Saturation index 35%.

(Two tests this year were done around 9am fasted, not 100% sure if i was fasted last year though in May 18)

I did also find out Recently that I have the H63D gene via 23andme.

MY MAIN QUESTION: So obviously my results have been reduced now just asking what can I do from here on out? I want to start back the gym really bad and that will mean my red meat and overall meat intake will go right up.. can I do this?? Will donating blood every 3 months keep me in check? Obviously being in the gym my meat intake is going to really increase!

matisvijs

Using milk for bulking/building muscle is even more effective than red meat in my experience and it also chelates and reduces systemic iron at the same time. So more milk, less red meat is one option. But nothing wrong with donating blood every few months.

Beefcake

Aspirin, vitamin E and ginkgo biloba lowers my ferritin like crazy. Specially ginkgo

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals