"I Have Liver Issues And I Am Not Making Progress"

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
This is a great post thank you for sharing. Perhaps it is my compromised digestion, but nothing beats eggs and liver for energy, skin health, and a wide variety of benefits, I think years and years ago when I did vegetarian, I could have made it work with eggs and liver added in if I had known. But of course I believed the dogma and thought animal products were bad. When we don't know we categorize...which can be useful or make you miss something crucial.

The only thing I worry about with Dr. Morse and his detoxification of mucus, etc is that some of the foods he likes inhibit certain detox pathways. If I went hard on grapefruit for a few days in a row, I will start erupting in boils all over my body in key lymph system spots...armpits, throat, head, etc. In my naivete I would call this detoxification, but have since learned about P450 cytochrome, and estrogen detoxification. So there is definitely a trap with detoxification that people fall into where they are generating the bad things to detox. Great for that masochist that people carry about inside them. Certain berries to a certain extent can also be similar to grapefruit.

I have never tried celery juice...I might give that a shot and see how it feels. Thanks Jennifer!

Hey Tarmander, you mentioned that you have type 1 diabetes, i was wondering if you do injections or if you have the insulin pump with the self monitoring device.

I have a good friend with type 1 and when he changed to the pump he said life became much more comfortable, the monitoring device sends a signal to the pump to automatically release insulin when needed, he said it is so much more convenient and his blood sugar stays much more balanced through out the day, so he feels better has more energy.

The good news is my friends endocrinologist told him that he was confident there would be a cure with in the next 20 years maybe sooner. And as you know there are other aspects of ones health that can always be enhanced, there are lots of people with the 1 diabetes that feel great and have wonderful health, they still have to take insulin but their bodies are feeling very good.

yerrag

Thank you very much theLaw! I'll have to look up how to test for caffeine tolerance. I suppose the high protein diet should have plenty of gelatin as well, or else it would normally default to being high in tryptophan, cysteine, and methionine. The odd thing here is that high protein diets are usually associated with being bad for the liver, and once again that idea is proven to be anything but bad. But I'll have to dive in to the thread and see how to make the HP protocol work.
@theLaw, I found the Generative Energy podcast, it is the 10th podcast. @haidut mentions the coffee test as a surrogate test for liver cirrhosis. He doesn't go into detail regarding the mechanics of the test, but mentions that the test is used in Norway and Venezuela, if I remember right. Blood markers such as lactate, cortisol, and adrenaline are monitored after coffee is taken. But given that cirrhosis is end stage liver failure, its use may be limited. Still, it mentions caffeine tolerance as an indication of liver health. For people with poor liver function, caffeine maintains a long half-life, and its effects linger on longer. Not reacting well to caffeine means one has poor liver function and/or is hypothyroid. People with healthy livers can even take to drinking coffee at night.

Btw, it's at the 33:00 mark.

theLaw

@theLaw, I found the Generative Energy podcast, it is the 10th podcast. @haidut mentions the coffee test as a surrogate test for liver cirrhosis. He doesn't go into detail regarding the mechanics of the test, but mentions that the test is used in Norway and Venezuela, if I remember right. Blood markers such as lactate, cortisol, and adrenaline are monitored after coffee is taken. But given that cirrhosis is end stage liver failure, its use may be limited. Still, it mentions caffeine tolerance as an indication of liver health. For people with poor liver function, caffeine maintains a long half-life, and its effects linger on longer. Not reacting well to caffeine means one has poor liver function and/or is hypothyroid. People with healthy livers can even take to drinking coffee at night.

Btw, it's at the 33:00 mark.

Great work!

This might be one of the main issues with dosing caffeine with an impaired liver, as the half-life can run into the next dose causing stress.

Also, I think that Haidut wrote about adding Cyproheptadine to caffeine to help with the initial sluggish feeling.:confused:

InChristAlone

Sorry in advance. This is going to be a really long one....

Yeah, I felt the same way the first time I came across one of Dr. Morse's videos. In it, he was cheering for a woman who wrote in saying she was coughing up large masses after following his advice and I thought that was odd and basically wrote him off until I went total fruitarian and within a week was coughing up tonsil stones as large as pinto beans and feeling so much better. I was reminded of that women coughing up the masses and went back to look at the video and the rest is history.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of improvements on less protein. The most noticeable was the cessation of pain where the worst of my compression fractures are, less anxiety and no more adrenaline symptoms, and I began sleeping soundly through the night without having to get up to pee.

I haven't noticed anything different with my liver. Fat seems to be the only thing that affects it. Dairy fat was the worst. With coconut, olives and avocado, it would take eating them for at least three consecutive days before I would feel gallbladder pains. With dairy fat, I would get them almost immediately, along with gastritis and these tiny pustules on my face.

Hehe! Well, I still have all my teeth, but if they start to fall out, I'll replace them with falsies too big for my mouth so I look like I have horse teeth. :D

If a person does run into problems with their teeth while detoxing on all fruit, I would definitely slow the detox by eating some steamed veggies and/or fatty fruit like olives or coconut and check my saliva pH to make sure it's above 7. If it's too acidic, there's an herbal blend called Heal All Tea that works really well, in my experience. I used it on my dog, Bee.

Despite brushing Bee's teeth daily, his gums started to deteriorate rapidly after having surgery to remove a tumor on his eyelid, to the point that his gum tissue had receded down to the roots of his canines, his breath was so foul, and he had thick brown plaque on all of his teeth. The vet told us he needed to have his canines and a few other teeth removed and that this would cause his tongue to hang out. I refused to put him through all of that, especially after just having had surgery so I gave him this tea daily and within two days, his foul breath was gone, and a few months later his gum tissue completely regenerated and all his teeth plaque-free and white. Crazy stuff!

Yeah, Dr. Morse has a different view when it comes to vitamins and minerals. Keep in mind, he recommends a raw fruit and vegetable diet so you can get choline and the fat soluble vitamins easily. With all fruit, only the choline might be an issue, though we can make our own through methylation. His recommendation of sticking to only fruits, berries and melons is for those who are in advanced stages of degeneration/disease. He considers fruits as the cleansers of the body and greens/veggies as the builders.

Here are some of the sources of fruit that contain the fat solubles and calcium:

Vitamin A - Foods highest in Vitamin A in Fruits and Fruit Juices

Vitamin D - Of course, sunlight or if not strict fruitarian - mushrooms

Vitamin E -

- Alpha Tocopherol - Foods highest in Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) in Fruits and Fruit Juices

- Gamma Tocopherol - Foods highest in Gamma Tocopherol in Fruits and Fruit Juices

- Delta Tocopherol - Foods highest in Delta Tocopherol in Fruits and Fruit Juices

Vitamin K - Foods highest in Vitamin K in Fruits and Fruit Juices

Vitamin K2 - Ferment your own fruit (like cucumbers) with a special starter culture designed with bacterial strains that produce vitamin K2 or let your own gut bacteria make it?

Calcium - Foods highest in Calcium in Fruits and Fruit Juices

Yeah, I can usually see cloudy sediment in the toilet if my kidneys are filtering well, but it wasn't apparent when they weren't so collecting my urine in a jar was needed. Plus, I was able to check my urine pH at the same time with my reagents.

In case anyone is interested, here are some pics and information on kidney filtration:

Urine Sediment (w/ Pictures) | GrapeGate

The darker the grapes, the more astringent the properties (antioxidants/polyphenols), which are strong pullers of acids from tissues and the lymph system. I think any fruit can be overdone in the same way we talk here about the symptoms experienced while depleting PUFA and needing to mitigate its negative effects when being released from tissues. Like how I explained further up about slowing down detox, if it becomes too much for a person, they can always slow it down.

Watermelon is great for the kidneys and I'm not sure if this is a reason for you breaking out with blueberries, but they're considered acidic.

Now that my BP is up, I have more sustained energy throughout the day and require less food to sustain it. My anxiety has also lessened. I used to wake from naps with such a horrible doom and gloom feeling that I would actually cry, it was that bothersome. It no longer happens.

Your idea seems very reasonable to me if trying to stick to Ray's protein recommendations. They'll be following their own reactions to it, which I believe is the best strategy.

One thing about the kidneys that I forgot to mention is that they have an affinity for potassium. When Carey Reams did testing in his lab on all that produce, he found celery to be one of the best bioavailable sources of the mineral. My RBTI practitioner had me juicing one full stock of celery a day.

Along with that and the balance of salt minerals to keep the adrenals happy, celery juice helps with digestion, aiding stomach acid production.

Also, we want to consider if there is a pituitary weakness because if there is, it could be suppressing the adrenals (or any other endocrine glands). One way to tell is if you're short or excessively tall.
Hi Jennifer! It's nice to see you!

About that last part you wrote, I had a pituitary problem needed growth hormone to get to 5'1, now my son is barely growing at 8. What would help pituitary dysfunction?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Hey Tarmander, you mentioned that you have type 1 diabetes, i was wondering if you do injections or if you have the insulin pump with the self monitoring device.

I have a good friend with type 1 and when he changed to the pump he said life became much more comfortable, the monitoring device sends a signal to the pump to automatically release insulin when needed, he said it is so much more convenient and his blood sugar stays much more balanced through out the day, so he feels better has more energy.

The good news is my friends endocrinologist told him that he was confident there would be a cure with in the next 20 years maybe sooner. And as you know there are other aspects of ones health that can always be enhanced, there are lots of people with the 1 diabetes that feel great and have wonderful health, they still have to take insulin but their bodies are feeling very good.

You are referring to the closed loop system. They are pretty sweet. I think they have only been out in the states for 1-2 years. Not a huge fan of the pump as it can only use fast acting insulin which can cause a bit of weight gain over using slower acting insulin combined with faster acting. Not scientific but my observation. I already use a CGM.

Doctors have been telling parents of newly diagnosed children that a cure is only 10 years over the horizon since the 80s. I was 17 years ago. There is not a lot of will going towards a cure that is not pharmaceutical based...however there is a lot of will in coming out with the next thing that a type 1 will need as we are basically the best gravy train in town. Well next to cancer...

Xisca

And what else can help liver?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
You are referring to the closed loop system. They are pretty sweet. I think they have only been out in the states for 1-2 years. Not a huge fan of the pump as it can only use fast acting insulin which can cause a bit of weight gain over using slower acting insulin combined with faster acting. Not scientific but my observation. I already use a CGM.

Doctors have been telling parents of newly diagnosed children that a cure is only 10 years over the horizon since the 80s. I was 17 years ago. There is not a lot of will going towards a cure that is not pharmaceutical based...however there is a lot of will in coming out with the next thing that a type 1 will need as we are basically the best gravy train in town. Well next to cancer...

Im sure someday there will be a cure for diabetes, stem cell research is really evolving. I went to one of the top stem cell doctors and researchers for my knee, it had been very inflamed and in tremendous pain for several years, some doctors wanted to do surgery, but i did not want to do that.

Its not allowed to use embryonic stem cells in the USA, and thats old news anyways, the stem cell doctor i decided to work with told me he would never use embryonic stem cells even if he could because they replicate to quickly and its very risky to introduce someone else's stem cells in to your own body. His team developed a unique technique of using ones own stem cells, they start by taking blood from the patient then they concentrate and culture the stem cells and finally they activate the stem cells with light… then infuse and inject your own potentialized stem cells back into your body and specific locations being targeted.

It really worked for me i had a complete healing of my knee after years of pretty intense pain, of course it is known that knee and joint issues are one of the areas that stem cells work best for right now. This doctor told me that soon diabetes should be able to be targeted and cured by using ones own stem cells.

He told me a funny story, he was contacted by a company that had developed a very concentrated blueberry extract and that their research showed the extract promotes stem cell genesis. They ask the doctor and his scientific team to do a study and confirm this, they did a causal study by asking all their new patients to start taking the blueberry extract or eat a cup of blueberries everyday, the results showed that blueberries do promote proliferation of human stem cells and now he has all his patients eat blueberries for at least one month before starting to increase effectiveness of stem cell treatment.

Nutraceuticals synergistically promote proliferation of human stem cells. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Im sure someday there will be a cure for diabetes, stem cell research is really evolving. I went to one of the top stem cell doctors and researchers for my knee, it had been very inflamed and in tremendous pain for several years, some doctors wanted to do surgery, but i did not want to do that.

Its not allowed to use embryonic stem cells in the USA, and thats old news anyways, the stem cell doctor i decided to work with told me he would never use embryonic stem cells even if he could because they replicate to quickly and its very risky to introduce someone else's stem cells in to your own body. His team developed a unique technique of using ones own stem cells, they start by taking blood from the patient then they concentrate and culture the stem cells and finally they activate the stem cells with light… then infuse and inject your own potentialized stem cells back into your body and specific locations being targeted.

It really worked for me i had a complete healing of my knee after years of pretty intense pain, of course it is known that knee and joint issues are one of the areas that stem cells work best for right now. This doctor told me that soon diabetes should be able to be targeted and cured by using ones own stem cells.

He told me a funny story, he was contacted by a company that had developed a very concentrated blueberry extract and that their research showed the extract promotes stem cell genesis. They ask the doctor and his scientific team to do a study and confirm this, they did a causal study by asking all their new patients to start taking the blueberry extract or eat a cup of blueberries everyday, the results showed that blueberries do promote proliferation of human stem cells and now he has all his patients eat blueberries for at least one month before starting to increase effectiveness of stem cell treatment.

Nutraceuticals synergistically promote proliferation of human stem cells. - PubMed - NCBI
That is pretty cool about the blue berries. I know blueberries have been a diabetic staple recommendation for forever.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! It's nice to see you!

About that last part you wrote, I had a pituitary problem needed growth hormone to get to 5'1, now my son is barely growing at 8. What would help pituitary dysfunction?
Hi Janelle! :wave: I hope you've been doing well!

Huh, that's interesting that you had/have a pituitary weakness. It makes me wonder if this is a contributing factor to why you've also struggled with anxiety (adrenals) despite taking thyroid. Your pituitary could be suppressing your adrenals (possibly even your thyroid) and maybe your son inherited the same tissue weaknesses?

Has he struggled with bedwetting? And how is his digestion? I ask because bedwetting is another sign of a pituitary weakness besides height, and the GI tract is very much involved with weaknesses in all areas of the body, especially in the head area. I'll explain further down with a quote.

Have you tried any Peaty tools on him like Ray's standard dietary recommendations? If so, have you seen any positive changes and maybe his height just needs a chance to catch up? Are you still living with mold? That might be another thing to consider.

There are herbs and glandulars (if not responding to herbs), but I personally would always try dietary interventions first. I won't even begin to claim I know for certain which diet is best, but I stand firm in my belief that how we digest a food/our gut health matters greatly.

Based on my experience with myself and family members, and reading Ray's and Dr. Morse's work, and taking into account some of the first foods given to babies when weaning, I do believe ripe fruit is one of the easiest foods to digest and including an abundance of it in our diets is so good for our bodies and helps them to regenerate weakened tissues.

Here's some info about the pituitary and hypothalamus from Dr. Morse's resource book:

"The pituitary is the "master gland" one of the main computers of the body. It releases hormone like substances that stimulate other endocrine glands and tissues to produce or release specific hormones, steroids, neurotransmitters and the like. The structure of the pituitary is divided into two parts: the posterior lobe, which is an outgrowth from part of the brain, and the anterior lobe, being an outgrowth from the pharynx. The pituitary is attached and lives under the hypothalamus portion of your brain (behind the eyes in the middle of the head).

The pituitary, being the master gland, controls some of the functions of most other glands. When the pituitary becomes weakened it can affect the whole body, causing a chain reaction, thereby producing multiple symptoms. The pituitary gland can affect the thyroid or adrenal glands in a positive or negative way. it is important to understand these reflex possibilities to help you address your weaknesses properly and to gain more successful results.

Some of the far-reaching effects of a weakened pituitary gland include neurological weaknesses such as: multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, and cerebral palsy (from lack of adrenal cortex stimulation), as well as hypothyroidism, hypofunction of the ovaries, underactive or overactive tissue or cell growth, rapid aging, diabetes, and lactation problems.

The middle of the transverse colon (large intestine) has a relationship to the pituitary and brain. Often times this part of the bowel becomes impacted, toxic and weakened, thereby feeding toxins directly to the pituitary gland. being one of the first areas of the body formed in the embryo stages of life, the GI tract is linked to all tissues in the body in ways we do not yet understand. We do know that in the embryo stages the spinal cord and the gut tissues are the first manifestation from the head area. As the embryo cell opens up, this gut tissue now becomes the source of most of our organs and glands. This gut tissue in the fetus later becomes the GI tract, thus creating a dynamic relationship between the GI tract and the rest of the body. Because of this, it is vital that you clean and strengthen the GI tract if you wish to have true success at regenerating your glands, as well as your whole body."

On another page he writes:

"Another area of weakness to consider in diabetes is the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. The posterior part of the pituitary gland, controlled by the hypothalamus (the master computer in the body), releases an anti-diuretic hormone which when under active causes diabetes insipidus. It is also important to note that the transverse bowel is at the heart of eighty percent or more of the upper brain weaknesses, including and especially the pituitary and hypothalamus areas. With greater understanding of the GI tract, especially the colon and its relationship to the organs and glands, you will appreciate why a healthy GI tract is necessary to assist the health of the rest of the body."

Here are herbs that target the pituitary:

GLANDULAR SYSTEM

STRUCTURES - The pituitary gland, pineal gland, thyroid and parathyroid glands, thymus, adrenal glands, pancreas (Islets of Langerhans), glands within the intestinal mucosa, ovaries and testes.

SINGLE HERBS - DETOXIFIERS
- Bugleweed Leaf
- Dandelion Leaf
- Parsley Leaf
- Poke Root
- Kelp
- Saw Palmetto Berries

SINGLE HERBS - STRENGTHENERS
- Licorice Root
- Astragalus Root
- Panax Ginseng Root
- Siberian Ginseng Root (Also known as Eleuthero Root)
- Saw Palmetto Berries
- Kelp
- Chaste Tree Berries (Also known as Vitex)
- Hawthorn Berries
- Bugleweed
- Dandelion Leaf
- Parsley Leaf
- False Unicorn Root

I recall reading a quote, possibly in the peatarian email exchanges, where Ray talked favorably about Vitex, but I don't know how he feels about the other herbs. Kelp might be an iffy one based on his view of iodine. Of course, with any of these herbs you would want to check with your son's pediatrician first.

Two herbs that help protect intestinal mucosa are slippery elm and marshmallow leaf and/or root. Before the use if gelatin, marshmallows were first made using the roots of the mallow plant that grows in marshes, thus their name. I found drinking some marshmallow tea 30 minutes prior to meals helped reduce gut pain while eating.

Chamomile and passionflower are two other herbs that are good for GI issues. They're also used for reducing anxiety and insomnia (Chamomile contains apigenin and passionflower, chrysin) and my RBTI practitioner said German chamomile is one of the best bioavailable sources of B6. It's probably one of my most favorite herbs due to its apple like flavor. :)

@Xisca - Do you mean from a Peaty perspective?

InChristAlone

Hi Janelle! :wave: I hope you've been doing well!

Huh, that's interesting that you had/have a pituitary weakness. It makes me wonder if this is a contributing factor to why you've also struggled with anxiety (adrenals) despite taking thyroid. Your pituitary could be suppressing your adrenals (possibly even your thyroid) and maybe your son inherited the same tissue weaknesses?

Has he struggled with bedwetting? And how is his digestion? I ask because bedwetting is another sign of a pituitary weakness besides height, and the GI tract is very much involved with weaknesses in all areas of the body, especially in the head area. I'll explain further down with a quote.

Have you tried any Peaty tools on him like Ray's standard dietary recommendations? If so, have you seen any positive changes and maybe his height just needs a chance to catch up? Are you still living with mold? That might be another thing to consider.

There are herbs and glandulars (if not responding to herbs), but I personally would always try dietary interventions first. I won't even begin to claim I know for certain which diet is best, but I stand firm in my belief that how we digest a food/our gut health matters greatly.

Based on my experience with myself and family members, and reading Ray's and Dr. Morse's work, and taking into account some of the first foods given to babies when weaning, I do believe ripe fruit is one of the easiest foods to digest and including an abundance of it in our diets is so good for our bodies and helps them to regenerate weakened tissues.

Here's some info about the pituitary and hypothalamus from Dr. Morse's resource book:

"The pituitary is the "master gland" one of the main computers of the body. It releases hormone like substances that stimulate other endocrine glands and tissues to produce or release specific hormones, steroids, neurotransmitters and the like. The structure of the pituitary is divided into two parts: the posterior lobe, which is an outgrowth from part of the brain, and the anterior lobe, being an outgrowth from the pharynx. The pituitary is attached and lives under the hypothalamus portion of your brain (behind the eyes in the middle of the head).

The pituitary, being the master gland, controls some of the functions of most other glands. When the pituitary becomes weakened it can affect the whole body, causing a chain reaction, thereby producing multiple symptoms. The pituitary gland can affect the thyroid or adrenal glands in a positive or negative way. it is important to understand these reflex possibilities to help you address your weaknesses properly and to gain more successful results.

Some of the far-reaching effects of a weakened pituitary gland include neurological weaknesses such as: multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, and cerebral palsy (from lack of adrenal cortex stimulation), as well as hypothyroidism, hypofunction of the ovaries, underactive or overactive tissue or cell growth, rapid aging, diabetes, and lactation problems.

The middle of the transverse colon (large intestine) has a relationship to the pituitary and brain. Often times this part of the bowel becomes impacted, toxic and weakened, thereby feeding toxins directly to the pituitary gland. being one of the first areas of the body formed in the embryo stages of life, the GI tract is linked to all tissues in the body in ways we do not yet understand. We do know that in the embryo stages the spinal cord and the gut tissues are the first manifestation from the head area. As the embryo cell opens up, this gut tissue now becomes the source of most of our organs and glands. This gut tissue in the fetus later becomes the GI tract, thus creating a dynamic relationship between the GI tract and the rest of the body. Because of this, it is vital that you clean and strengthen the GI tract if you wish to have true success at regenerating your glands, as well as your whole body."

On another page he writes:

"Another area of weakness to consider in diabetes is the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. The posterior part of the pituitary gland, controlled by the hypothalamus (the master computer in the body), releases an anti-diuretic hormone which when under active causes diabetes insipidus. It is also important to note that the transverse bowel is at the heart of eighty percent or more of the upper brain weaknesses, including and especially the pituitary and hypothalamus areas. With greater understanding of the GI tract, especially the colon and its relationship to the organs and glands, you will appreciate why a healthy GI tract is necessary to assist the health of the rest of the body."

Here are herbs that target the pituitary:

GLANDULAR SYSTEM

STRUCTURES - The pituitary gland, pineal gland, thyroid and parathyroid glands, thymus, adrenal glands, pancreas (Islets of Langerhans), glands within the intestinal mucosa, ovaries and testes.

SINGLE HERBS - DETOXIFIERS
- Bugleweed Leaf
- Dandelion Leaf
- Parsley Leaf
- Poke Root
- Kelp
- Saw Palmetto Berries

SINGLE HERBS - STRENGTHENERS
- Licorice Root
- Astragalus Root
- Panax Ginseng Root
- Siberian Ginseng Root (Also known as Eleuthero Root)
- Saw Palmetto Berries
- Kelp
- Chaste Tree Berries (Also known as Vitex)
- Hawthorn Berries
- Bugleweed
- Dandelion Leaf
- Parsley Leaf
- False Unicorn Root

I recall reading a quote, possibly in the peatarian email exchanges, where Ray talked favorably about Vitex, but I don't know how he feels about the other herbs. Kelp might be an iffy one based on his view of iodine. Of course, with any of these herbs you would want to check with your son's pediatrician first.

Two herbs that help protect intestinal mucosa are slippery elm and marshmallow leaf and/or root. Before the use if gelatin, marshmallows were first made using the roots of the mallow plant that grows in marshes, thus their name. I found drinking some marshmallow tea 30 minutes prior to meals helped reduce gut pain while eating.

Chamomile and passionflower are two other herbs that are good for GI issues. They're also used for reducing anxiety and insomnia (Chamomile contains apigenin and passionflower, chrysin) and my RBTI practitioner said German chamomile is one of the best bioavailable sources of B6. It's probably one of my most favorite herbs due to its apple like flavor. :)

Wow thank-you for your well thought out response! Glad to see you are doing well, I am also doing pretty good, although still struggle in certain areas things are a lot better than last year! Yes ripe fruit for me have been bananas sometimes melon but thats at the tail end of the season, my son prefers only strawberries and some melon, he won't even drink juice. So then I started giving him gatorade just for a little bit of potassium! lol probably not the best thing to do with a picky child only to enforce his pickiness. Surprisingly he sleeps well and doesn't pee at night, I wet the bed until I was like 12! He is otherwise healthy, he is just very slow to develop physically, not even on the growth chart for height, but doing fine for weight. I'm thinking at this point he may need growth hormone, it probably is the same pit. weakness I have but just strange how his health seems fine! I can look into those herbal remedies and see what I can sneak in his diet. Thanks again!

Xisca

When I said: And what else can help liver?
From any perspective.
I take notes of those plants, and will eat more dendelion and parsley in my salads!
Parsley is also good for kidneys BTW...

I also meant to keep the thread on track, as when it has many pages, it becomes difficult to read for new comers.

Jennifer

Wow thank-you for your well thought out response! Glad to see you are doing well, I am also doing pretty good, although still struggle in certain areas things are a lot better than last year! Yes ripe fruit for me have been bananas sometimes melon but thats at the tail end of the season, my son prefers only strawberries and some melon, he won't even drink juice. So then I started giving him gatorade just for a little bit of potassium! lol probably not the best thing to do with a picky child only to enforce his pickiness. Surprisingly he sleeps well and doesn't pee at night, I wet the bed until I was like 12! He is otherwise healthy, he is just very slow to develop physically, not even on the growth chart for height, but doing fine for weight. I'm thinking at this point he may need growth hormone, it probably is the same pit. weakness I have but just strange how his health seems fine! I can look into those herbal remedies and see what I can sneak in his diet. Thanks again!
You're welcome! :) I'm really glad you're doing better. It sure was a tough year for you and I. I'm happy to report that my mold level is now in the normal range. My doctor was shocked. It only took me a little over 3 months of being very strict with my diet. When it was first discovered, I had read accounts from people who had it for over 2 years and still continued to struggle. I was like "What?! Another 2+ years of this?! God help me!" lol

Oh, wow! Yeah, so he's tiny. My cousin's daughter is the same way, however, she was born with a large bump on her head near her pituitary so I question if it's somehow affecting it. It's some kind of calcium lump. My whole family has an issue with our parathyroids/calcium metabolism. Is your son's pediatrician concerned with his height? He/she could always check his pit. but if he's healthy otherwise, maybe he'll just be a late grower. Does your son like coconut water? It makes a good Gatorade. Lots of potassium and other electrolytes. I get the ones in the cold section like Harmless Harvest and Waterhill Naturals. Their water comes from from Thai coconuts so it's nice and sweet. :)

Crazycoco

Hi Guys i' ve posted a threat today about fructose. Take gelatine or citrulline with it: it decreases fatty liver a lot.

Jennifer

When I said: And what else can help liver?
From any perspective.
I take notes of those plants, and will eat more dendelion and parsley in my salads!
Parsley is also good for kidneys BTW...

I also meant to keep the thread on track, as when it has many pages, it becomes difficult to read for new comers.
Okay, gotcha!

Yes, parsley and dandelion are also good for the kidneys as well as corn silk, nettle, couch grass root, pipsissewa leaves, coriander, lespedeza herb, gravel root and chanca piedra.

Changa piedra is also good for the liver and breaking up liver/gallbladder stones. Same with apple juice - it contains malic acid that supposedly helps to dissolves stones. What has worked best for me is improving my digestion (frequency of elimination) and keeping my fat intake very low. I no longer have gallbladder attacks, pale stools or struggle with gastritis.

Some things others have said helped their liver are coffee/caffeine (including coffee enemas), choline, taurine (?), carrot salad, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, cascara, antibiotics, thyroid, progest-e, OJ, apple cider vinegar with meals, higher protein, starch-free, low-fat, PUFA depletion, liver flushes (I think Michael and Buttercup (?) have talked favorably about them)...umm...that's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Many of these herbs considered estrogenic... Though nobody knows how exactly they work. :) Everything is complicated with herbs.

Its true herbs can be tricky, i prefer medicine mushrooms to most herbal remedies, but there are some good herbs that can help, you just have to really do your homework and understand what your taking and why, also quality and freshness of herbs is important.

My favorite way to use herbs is in cooking, i like using spices that help digestion, good mineral rich salt is of course the foundation of healthy and tasty cuisine. And often overlooked for its many wonderful health benefits is Black Pepper (Piper nigrum). The best way to have fresh black pepper is getting whole peppercorns and using a good pepper mill.

Many nutraceutical companies are now adding Black Pepper extract to their formulas to help the absorption of the other ingredients. I always put a lot of fresh ground pepper on my food, taste wise its best to put Black Pepper on your dishes just at the end of cooking time or right before you eat.

“The key alkaloid components of Piper Nigrum, that is, piperine assist in cognitive brain functioning, boost nutrient's absorption and improve gastrointestinal functionality.”

Black pepper and health claims: a comprehensive treatise. - PubMed - NCBI

“Based on modern cell, animal, and human studies, piperine has been found to have immunomodulatory, anti-oxidant, anti-asthmatic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, and anti-amoebic properties.”

Piper nigrum and piperine: an update. - PubMed - NCBI

ivy

I got a chance to talk to the chinese/myopractor guy who I have been consulting for many years today. I asked him about liver and kidney dynamics, and liver detoxification, and I think he had some good input that I will list out here: This guy just retired, and has been working for something like 40 years. He has helped many people, and according to him helped welders detox from heavy metals, and a plethora of other liver ailments. I will say he believes in some things that are anti peat. He is not a fan of sugar, and looks a bit askance at fruit. But he tailors treatment to each individual and does not rule out that some people do well on sugar, while others grains, etc. He mostly worked on very sensitive people, so his view of sugar may be warranted. We did not really get into sugar, but I thought it would be right to give fair warning on the opinion holder. I really respect an opinion that comes from 40 years of practice. He was paid very well and highly sought after by those in the know.

•Liver chi is relatively easy to sustain or replenish, but kidney/adrenal chi is much harder to stabilize. The adrenals and kidneys are different, but for most purposes can be considered the same as they become dysfunctional together in our time(usually, always an exception).

•Rhythm is what sustains the kidneys. Rhythm of life, the opposite of chaos, or trust. Getting your body, and then your mind into a rhythm is going to lower adrenaline, and this will stabilize the Kidneys. What does it mean to stabilize the body and mind?

•Stabilizing the body, giving it rhythm is about waking and sleeping early, the same time every day. Giving food to your body regularly, movement regularly, and having a stable schedule. With rhythm, you can notice anomalies; when sensations feel good and bad. When they feel bad, you can adjust. Without rhythm, you have chaos and adrenaline, and cannot observe properly. The adrenaline prevents consciousness by entering you into fight or flight, instead of steady rationality. Rhythm prevents FEAR, and fear is at the root of destabilized kidneys.

•All gurus promote some type of rhythm, whether that be a mantra or some practice, whatever. This rhythm overtime gives stability, and the thoughts that are fearful and not necessary fall away. You adjust in a way that lowers the bad chaos sensations and promotes the harmonious sensations of trust.

•Stabilizing the mind requires living without the stimulating influences of our culture. Debt is incredibly stimulating, and you should get out of all debt as soon as possible. Why? Because debt means that you cannot observe and grow. You must stay the same, you must maintain the social structure you are in or risk losing the ability to pay off what you owe. "Have to" is stress, "get to" is sustainable. Save 20% of what you make so that you do not have to worry about your later years. This is another form of mind stabilization. Put your money in stable things like gold/silver, or property/farms, not the yoyo craziness of paper instruments. It is more important that what you put away is the same in 40 years, not that it grows.

•When you cleanse the liver, you must weigh long term and short term benefit. Short term you will be weakened, so the harm must outweigh that, like intense migraines that debilitate you. Impromptu liver cleansing does not work, and will usually lead to poor long term outcomes. There are a certain number of people, maybe around 20% that he has treated, where cleansing the liver once or twice will get them back on track. These are generally insensitive people that are very hot, cannot feel much, have strong kidneys, and are more susceptible to heart attacks. The majority of people who liver cleanse can get into a viscous cycle of depletion because their lifestyle does not match the health they want. You cannot remedy lifestyle (he said that like a million times). If you cleanse on a mechanical basis, forever, you will not lose kidney chi. But you need rhythm to find that mechanical basis that works! With rhythm you find out what is sustainable!

•If your lifestyle provides you the kidney chi, your liver will be cleansed, if it does not, no liver cleansing will remedy the poor lifestyle (unless you are that 20%, in which case you have different problems)

•Good thyroid comes from the brain, the hypothalmus. When the proper minerals and fats are in the brain, a hopeful feeling can be maintained about life. Good brain is about ambition and hope, which then stimulates thyroid and gives energy. If you have that, and add in good nutrition, you will have proper kidney chi. Beware of the cultural mind at this time. It gives bad information, and if you use this information to build something, the foundation will be weak, and you will deplete yourself trying to maintain it. Don't fall into the viscous cycle of depletion, be weird and calm, relaxed. Above all, kidney depletion is about fear. If you have a rhythm, a purpose, which is trust, which means no fear, you will not be attracted to stimulation to give you a fleeting feeling of life.

I think that is about all he talked about. I am going to be talking to him once a month, so any other gems I find I can pass along.

Remember how a hundred posts back you didn't feel like taking the TCM route? The difficulty in establishing the relationship between the liver and kidneys eventually lead you there... And while TCM is hardly Peaty, there are significant areas where they overlap. I take the opportunity to refer you to a study you might find interesting:

Treatment for Thyroid Diseases with Chinese Herbal Medicine

The section covering hypothyroidism is especially a propos and opens with the following lines:

"The treatment of hypothyroidism is infrequently mentioned in Chinese literature and is not a common subject of clinical studies. This may result from a less frequent diagnosis of the disorder, since the fatigue, water retention, and chills characteristic of hypothyroidism are standard symptoms belonging to traditional categories such as qi and yang deficiency. These conditions usually do not present immediate need for Western medical attention as might occur with the irregular heart rate of hyperthyroidism. The relatively infrequent reporting may also result from a lower incidence of the disease in China."

You'll find specific herbal recommendations that could well work alongside a Peat lifestyle and diet.

Last edited:
OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Remember how a hundred posts back you didn't feel like taking the TCM route? The difficulty in establishing the relationship between the liver and kidneys eventually lead you there... And while TCM is hardly Peaty, there are significant areas where they overlap. I take the opportunity to refer you to a study you might find interesting:

Treatment for Thyroid Diseases with Chinese Herbal Medicine

The section covering hypothyroidism is especially a propos and opens with the following lines:

"The treatment of hypothyroidism is infrequently mentioned in Chinese literature and is not a common subject of clinical studies. This may result from a less frequent diagnosis of the disorder, since the fatigue, water retention, and chills characteristic of hypothyroidism are standard symptoms belonging to traditional categories such as qi and yang deficiency. These conditions usually do not present immediate need for Western medical attention as might occur with the irregular heart rate of hyperthyroidism. The relatively infrequent reporting may also result from a lower incidence of the disease in China."

You'll find specific herbal recommendations that could well work alongside a Peat lifestyle and diet.

You misrepresent what I said. I did not refer to TCM negatively, only the heavy metals and quality control of many TCM herbs. TCM is basically the inspiration for most of this thread.

ivy

You misrepresent what I said. I did not refer to TCM negatively, only the heavy metals and quality control of many TCM herbs. TCM is basically the inspiration for most of this thread.

I realized that early on, but other members obviously didn't/couldn't. You would have avoided numerous demands for clarification if you had explicitly attributed your reasoning to TCM in the first place.

As for your concerns over quality control, you can find very high quality herbs as long as you're willing to pay. If you have a trusted practitioner, he'll either know what brands are safe, or better yet come up with a custom-made mix ordered from a dispensary. If you trust the Chinese perspective, maybe it's worth trusting their tools as well, that's all I'm saying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals