I got treated badly at work for refusing to eat pufa

L

Lord Cola

View: https://youtu.be/Cfk2IXlZdbI

Show the this video to see how it’s made with all the chemicals and processing and the visuals of and I think they may be more understanding and might even eating them

It's the innocuous narration that gets me. Amazing how they think it's acceptable to call this thing healthy when immediately afterwards they show the disgusting production process.

-Luke-

I am curious. People were mocking you for that in Austria? People tend to be super respectful in countries like Austria.
I'm from Germany, but yes, sometimes this happened. Not in a super mean way, sometimes more ironic.

This is more the case with alcohol than with food. I don't drink alcohol anymore, haven't for more than four years, and even in the years before that I didn't drink much. And I definitely got negative reactions to that. One guy outright told me that he thinks I'm disrespectful for not drinking. I used to go to soccer games a lot, where drinking is a big part. And people sometimes looked at me as if I was completely insane for buying a coke or mineral water. Not everybody of course, but some people are outright hostile when you don't drink at soccer games or parties.

Note that I was never lecturing about stuff like that. I don't care what other people eat and how much they drink. Live and let live. But I learned that a simple "No" is the best way. Hostile people will stay away from you and the others respect your decision and stop asking.

Makrosky

I'm from Germany, but yes, sometimes this happened. Not in a super mean way, sometimes more ironic.

This is more the case with alcohol than with food. I don't drink alcohol anymore, haven't for more than four years, and even in the years before that I didn't drink much. And I definitely got negative reactions to that. One guy outright told me that he thinks I'm disrespectful for not drinking. I used to go to soccer games a lot, where drinking is a big part. And people sometimes looked at me as if I was completely insane for buying a coke or mineral water. Not everybody of course, but some people are outright hostile when you don't drink at soccer games or parties.

Note that I was never lecturing about stuff like that. I don't care what other people eat and how much they drink. Live and let live. But I learned that a simple "No" is the best way. Hostile people will stay away from you and the others respect your decision and stop asking.
Yes I agree, with alcohol it is VERY pronounced. And tat is mostly a consequence of the alcohol intoxication itself. Way more than with food, as almost everybody these days have some kind of food phobia so people got used eventually.

Hayley

I’ve already been ostracised for not being jabbed by two colleges.

Now one of the new colleges who is already leaving at work offered hot chips cooked in seed oil to me and I politely declined. Then he says your not vegan are you? I said can’t you see the bottles of milk on my tool box. He says, ohh the chips are vegan.

Then he offered me again the chips, this time I said look I don’t eat deep fried food then another college who gave himself type1 diabetes at 38 starts on me. I said I don’t eat seed oils because of the polyunsaturated fat. I Started saying how they are unstable at heat and create inflammation, free radicals, aracadonic acid then I get this aggression “your wrong, that’s bull ***t, you need to get out more” (currently I’m on the other side of the world to my home) “I actually go out” he said. I said well you know everything already, these pufas are implicated in diabetes. “No they don’t” (he’s never heard of pufa) I said look into elevated free fatty acids, try and prove me wrong” he kept with the aggressive defence which was all not based on the pufa but me personally. I walked off and said forget it, you know everything there is to know. That was yesterday, today he won’t speak to me at all. He seems to think I’ve done him wrong. I guess he doesn’t like people not being submissive to him.

I slipped up and let the smallest personal thing about me out to the world and I got punished. Better not get smart or healthy, better stay dumb and sick or upset people, I’ve always been outcasted, It’s really ****88 that I have live in a secret world where I have to watch what I say otherwise the xenophobic come to get me, the brainwashing is so strong now, soon it could be prison for saying such things against the mainstream.

I’m going to have to quit because half the work place won’t say hello to me because I’m not jabbed and don’t eat seed oils. I need a job where I am not with any people.
Never explain yourself it puts you in a very weak position where you seem defensive. Arguing in general is often a sign of weakness subtly. This reminds me of the statistic that high testosterone men are far more likely to hold unpopular opinions than low testosterone men. To me that implies they don’t care or need the herd’s approval. They can socially withstand having an unpopular opinion, and don’t need to explain themselves to anyone to justify it. We aren’t all naturally like this of course but I think thinking about that can help, just not needing people’s approval.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Never explain yourself it puts you in a very weak position where you seem defensive. Arguing in general is often a sign of weakness subtly. This reminds me of the statistic that high testosterone men are far more likely to hold unpopular opinions than low testosterone men. To me that implies they don’t care or need the herd’s approval. They can socially withstand having an unpopular opinion, and don’t need to explain themselves to anyone to justify it. We aren’t all naturally like this of course but I think thinking about that can help, just not needing people’s approval.
I already don’t fit into anything of the herd or social because I’m not in my own country, I’m homeless and have no friends or partner. All I have is a job, it’s the only thing which ties me to society, I keep to myself at work as much as possible, I’m the youngest by 15 years and so in a position of weakness already, my mother and father are my only contacts, this forum is the only social media I use which doesn’t count for much. I used to be a personal trainer and a taxi driver so I do have experience talking to people but this situation with this colleague is an on going challenge.

Hayley

I already don’t fit into anything of the herd or social because I’m not in my own country, I’m homeless and have no friends or partner. All I have is a job, it’s the only thing which ties me to society, I keep to myself at work as much as possible, I’m the youngest by 15 years and so in a position of weakness already, my mother and father are my only contacts, this forum is the only social media I use which doesn’t count for much. I used to be a personal trainer and a taxi driver so I do have experience talking to people but this situation with this colleague is an on going challenge.
I’m sorry to hear that, being socially isolated and feeling like an outsider can be very painful. There was a point in my life where I was absolutely alone and totally unliked and it was very hard. This too shall pass ? Are there any activists that you enjoy that have a social component?

Richiebogie

Your unhealthy colleague sounds like a restaurant owner on Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares.

The owner knows the restaurant is failing but he doesn’t want to change anything.

The bad habits like a filthy kitchen, frozen ingredients, precooked meals that get reheated in a microwave, enormous menus that are cumbersome to stock and prepare... are part of the owner’s identity.

If you criticise the behaviour it is like finding fault with the person. Change is an admission of imperfection. The owner prefers to blame customers or staff or bad luck. He wants to stay the same and show that it will somehow work out. He is at once proud and ashamed of the habits he has attained.

The owners get defensive. Gordon can push through because he has a TV crew and he has been invited in to fix the problem.

You on the other hand can only watch the freak show and do your own thing. Any remark could trigger an angry and defensive response. If this happens just change the subject back to work or a mutual interest.

I once sat next to a fat guy who at rest breathed like he had just run a mile. He would phone delicatessens to find out when their next order of pate foie gras would arrive!

“Pate Foie Gras is made from the liver of a duck or goose fattened by gavage (force feeding). Ducks are force-fed twice a day for 12.5 days and geese three times a day for around 17 days.”

What a sick world we live in!

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I’m sorry to hear that, being socially isolated and feeling like an outsider can be very painful. There was a point in my life where I was absolutely alone and totally unliked and it was very hard. This too shall pass ? Are there any activists that you enjoy that have a social component?
I’m not looking for anything social, I don’t have a problem being a loner. I’m homeless because I hate landlords, hate paying and repairing their places at my cost and hate debt. It’s more that I want to go home but cant yet because of the pandemic. I’m in England, my great great grandparents were English but I’m Australian. Everyone I meet knows I’m Australian because of the accent and the first thing they say is “why would you come here?” every single person says the same thing, and this kills any kind of further dialogue. They know everything about Australia except never been. There is some weird tension between English and Australians which can’t be understood or known unless living in England (not London) despite the history, the cultures are very different I thought it wasn’t common knowledge that deep fried food wasn’t healthy, people in the thread think I’m a social retard but I was a self employed personal trainer/holistic coach for years informing people about things. Not some ill informed slave hidden away in a dark workshop.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Your unhealthy colleague sounds like a restaurant owner on Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares.

The owner knows the restaurant is failing but he doesn’t want to change anything.

The bad habits like a filthy kitchen, frozen ingredients, precooked meals that get reheated in a microwave, enormous menus that are cumbersome to stock and prepare... are part of the owner’s identity.

If you criticise the behaviour it is like finding fault with the person. Change is an admission of imperfection. The owner prefers to blame customers or staff or bad luck. He wants to stay the same and show that it will somehow work out. He is at once proud and ashamed of the habits he has attained.

The owners get defensive. Gordon can push through because he has a TV crew and he has been invited in to fix the problem.

You on the other hand can only watch the freak show and do your own thing. Any remark could trigger an angry and defensive response. If this happens just change the subject back to work or a mutual interest.

I once sat next to a fat guy who at rest breathed like he had just run a mile. He would phone delicatessens to find out when their next order of pate foie gras would arrive!

“Pate Foie Gras is made from the liver of a duck or goose fattened by gavage (force feeding). Ducks are force-fed twice a day for 12.5 days and geese three times a day for around 17 days.”

What a sick world we live in!
Yeah exactly. I will add that it appears to be this false sense of security he has in the medical establishment, people believe they are truthful and innocent, religious type relationship to it.

Richiebogie

He be like: I find your criticism of fried food offensive. You are implying that my habits influence my health. Diets don’t work. Nutrition is pseudo science. If you were sick like me you wouldn’t be such a smartass. I can’t exercise because of my condition. I’m taking all the latest pharmaceuticals so I’m doing all I can for my health.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

He be like: I find your criticism of fried food offensive. You are implying that my habits influence my health. Diets don’t work. Nutrition is pseudo science. If you were sick like me you wouldn’t be such a smartass. I can’t exercise because of my condition. I’m taking all the latest pharmaceuticals so I’m doing all I can for my health.
Yeah I asked him his story about diabetes, he told me the entire timeline and what he changed and what he learnt. He and many are taught that the disease is theirs forever so they won’t let go of it and they use it to define themselves and seek attention and extra care so it serves them in this world. I’ve worked next to him for 18 months, he know heaps about him but he knows nothing about me. Very rigid and stubborn and appeals to authority.

Richiebogie

Which part of Australia are you from? Some of the restrictions have lifted in Vic & NSW but it may take another month or 2 for the rest to fall. Western Australia has only just gotten started! Some people are still wearing masks in their cars and on the beach here in Melbourne!

I imagine things are more relaxed in England. Could you get some personal trainer / life coach clients nowadays or are people deeply scarred?

Makrosky

I’m not looking for anything social, I don’t have a problem being a loner. I’m homeless because I hate landlords, hate paying and repairing their places at my cost and hate debt. It’s more that I want to go home but cant yet because of the pandemic. I’m in England, my great great grandparents were English but I’m Australian. Everyone I meet knows I’m Australian because of the accent and the first thing they say is “why would you come here?” every single person says the same thing, and this kills any kind of further dialogue. They know everything about Australia except never been. There is some weird tension between English and Australians which can’t be understood or known unless living in England (not London) despite the history, the cultures are very different I thought it wasn’t common knowledge that deep fried food wasn’t healthy, people in the thread think I’m a social retard but I was a self employed personal trainer/holistic coach for years informing people about things. Not some ill informed slave hidden away in a dark workshop.
Mate, if you don't mind... if you are homeless... where do you sleep, prepare food, shower, etc...? I am genouinely curious.

Makrosky

Yeah I asked him his story about diabetes, he told me the entire timeline and what he changed and what he learnt. He and many are taught that the disease is theirs forever so they won’t let go of it and they use it to define themselves and seek attention and extra care so it serves them in this world. I’ve worked next to him for 18 months, he know heaps about him but he knows nothing about me. Very rigid and stubborn and appeals to authority.
From my own experience, when you don't have a social circle or something highly meaningful besides work, bad coworkers to whom you are forced to spend time with can eat up your energy and soul no matter how much you try to protect from it. Whereas if you have a buffer outside work, they become just small (ok, even medium) annoyances. My experience and of many around me. For instance my sister used to complain a lot about her coworkers every time we met. Once she got kids, I have never ever heard her complaining again.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Mate, if you don't mind... if you are homeless... where do you sleep, prepare food, shower, etc...? I am genouinely curious.
Sleep in my car, I have to go to the supermarket morning and night to buy things I can eat without preparing or refrigerating. I use bottles of water, soap, shampoo, baby wipes, make up removal wipes.

Makrosky

Sleep in my car, I have to go to the supermarket morning and night to buy things I can eat without preparing or refrigerating. I use bottles of water, soap, shampoo, baby wipes, make up removal wipes.
I see. That must be tough. Why don't you get a van or a camper?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I see. That must be tough. Why don't you get a van or a camper?
Can’t afford it. Not worth the cost. Not safe because everyone knows someone is sleeping in there, less places to go and park which are quiet, not good for people at work to know. Has to be low key and unexpected.

Vans are horrible to drive and un safe in accidents. They usually have small engines and are difficult to repair being that the engine is under the car. They Command higher prices for junk abused by tradespeople.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals