I got treated badly at work for refusing to eat pufa

Makrosky

Yes, this helps. When I still worked for a company, people would bring something to eat when they were new to the department or when they left the department. 80% of the food was crap in my opinion but totally normal in most people's opinion. So I either didn't eat anything or just drank some juice if there was any, or ate a bounty or something if there was candy. And I'm not super strict and sometimes eat crap, too. But some things are just a no-go.

At first people wonder, ask you why and are sometimes mocking you. But if you just say no, eventually they'll stop bothering you. Same with the jab. Just say "No" and people stop asking after a while.
I am curious. People were mocking you for that in Austria? People tend to be super respectful in countries like Austria.

Demyze

I think theyre just interpreting your personal health choices as an attack on themselves and their lifestyles

Food and health is very political

But like others have mentioned, it seems like just dropping a "no thanks" and leaving it at that works best, that's my experience as well. Unless youre prepared for hostilities, pick and choose your battles

Also it isn't orthorexic to reject something that isn't fit for Human consumption or that makes you feel unwell. I've turned down food I know will give me diarreha

PaRa

Honestly you could've Just said "no, i'm on a diet" without being a know-all and trying to act superior to them... It's the same thing vegans do and It makes people not like them
THIS, at least someone sound here

Or just say you don't tolerate fried foods well
could justify the fact you drink milk by "i don't tolerate fiber well atm etc etc"

and you won't have to go on subject they (and probably you) don't understand well too, play safety first

Orome

Forum Supporter
I am sorry to say this but you did a mistake there ;). Never discuss these topics with anyone other than maybe very good friends (or with persons where it really doesn't matter what they think about you).

I had a similar experience two times with a (close) female coworker. I could bring any good argument I wanted, offered her to show her evidence, studies etc.. to absolutely no avail. People believe what they want to believe. People need to find out these things on their own and on the hard way (and most of them will never). We have to accept this.
That being said the relationship to my coworker is good again (this may also be due to the fact that she often asks me for advice at work and I help her a lot ;)). But since that time I have sworn to not argue with anyone and instead will do as the famous penguins:

1643979735659.png

liam183

Your story sounds autistic/uncalibrated to be honest. Like you are talking to Internet people in real life. Of course people do not like to hear that crap. They are indulging in stuff that is bad for them. Which even that is ridiculous. A bag of potato chips won't kill you. Ray Peat orthorexia is real. Even Ray eats PUFA.

It is the sick people that have to control their intake and manage symptoms 24/7

Ray does not even like this forum apparently. I understand why.

Anyways I am unjabbed, do not eat any foods offered to me and people still like/tolerate me. Confidence + not caring is the best modus operandi. Nobody really cares unless they already dislike you for whatever reason.
This. Can't tell but I think he must be in a foreign area since he said that he is across the world? Not sure. Definitely would have been better off just sticking to "no thanks" or "I don't like those", no need to give any real reasoning.

PeskyPeater

Complement their pathetic food and delightfully decline the offer, enjoy! :ss

At other times it's necessary to finish your sentences with, "do you understand?" so they can acknowledge you :ss

L

Lord Cola

Then he offered me again the chips, this time I said look I don’t eat deep fried food then another college who gave himself type1 diabetes at 38 starts on me. I said I don’t eat seed oils because of the polyunsaturated fat. I Started saying how they are unstable at heat and create inflammation, free radicals, aracadonic acid then I get this aggression “your wrong, that’s bull ***t, you need to get out more” (currently I’m on the other side of the world to my home) “I actually go out” he said. I said well you know everything already, these pufas are implicated in diabetes. “No they don’t” (he’s never heard of pufa) I said look into elevated free fatty acids, try and prove me wrong” he kept with the aggressive defence which was all not based on the pufa but me personally. I walked off and said forget it, you know everything there is to know. That was yesterday, today he won’t speak to me at all. He seems to think I’ve done him wrong. I guess he doesn’t like people not being submissive to him.
Ask him why he's going out and spreading covid.

OccamzRazer

If offered PUFA bombs:

"No thanks, I'm allergic to processed seed oils."

If offered stuff with synthetic ingredients:

"No thanks, I only eat real food."

If offered chicken/turkey:

"No thanks."

or

"Eating chicken makes you weak, so I don't eat them."

(inspiration from Pavel Tsatsouline)

I'm.No.One

Here's how to fully stop any offer of food & shut down the conversation:

If I eat that I'll literally sh!t my pants.

?

No one's gana question that or want to be in the room with someone who's gana sh!t their pants.

supercoolguy

Meh, once you realize these people don't matter to you (including their health) you won't want to share anything about yourself with them. Not worth the energy/time.

Next time just be like "I don't like fried foods"

They don't need to know why.

But, I mean, imagine you were eating meat & someone launched into you about how unhealthy it is as you were literally eating it.

You'd likely become defensive too no matter who was right/wrong.
Exactly
Keep it simple. Get technical and people just get glassy eyed then shoot some ignorant response back your way.
Then they will proceed to tell you how bad sugar & salt are. Because their obese uncle died and the doctors told them it was High Blood Pressure from salt.

If they want to give me more chit, I ask if they are familiar with my Lab Reports? Would you like to see my numbers?
I eat dairy and sugar regularly, and I even salt my orange juice!

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Thank you everyone for taking time to reply. I read every reply.

I will add that the college who offered the chips to me is used to me rambling about inconvenient truths and doesn’t care what I say and I don’t care if he disagrees with me. I said that stuff in a kind of stupid way as I’m usually being deeply sarcastic to him, he gets it. I usually put ***t on everyone and happily receive it as the fun banter helps with the hard job.

The person who got aggressive wasn’t offering me anything and I wasn’t talking to him but he heard me. Yes it’s a mistake to say anything to him. Another college said a while back that no one can have a conversation with him because it just ends up being an argument. He is very aggressive and angry, arrogant, can only see things on how it impacts him, has bruxism, numb hands, lower back pain, weakness, carpel tunnel, insulin dependant, balls of hard fat under his skin the size of marbles, edema and varicose veins in lower legs, doesn’t sleep. I work next to him and it’s a massive challenge every day. Despite him being an ***hole most of the time, I still help him with stuff same with the other one who spread the news about me not being jabbed because I understand how damn hard it must be for him to exist and work in such a state. I wish he knew what I knew.

Hugh Johnson

This. Can't tell but I think he must be in a foreign area since he said that he is across the world? Not sure. Definitely would have been better off just sticking to "no thanks" or "I don't like those", no need to give any real reasoning.
What surprises me is how the average poster here seems to not see how disrespectful and socially clumsy he is.

P

Peatness

If you are doing what you believe is right for you, and you are not harming anyone, not being liked is not an issue. Go to work do your job to the best of your ability. Trying to be liked in this world will get you into a lot of trouble.

PeskyPeater

Funny part is, your moronic fellow worker is convinced vegans drink milk LOL
But the sad part is, OP you cannot just throw truth in their face and expect them to instantly change paradigm. It doesn't work. And they don't like it when their dogma is being attacked by weird controversial statements that disrupts the atmosphere of the social ritual.
Although it is good and brave to show your 'radical' beliefs, of which you can be proud of, it doesn't make sense doing it without nuance. And you're not going to get any positive feedback that way and will be counterproductive towards your own image, practically putting yourself in a more confined state and potentially increasing learned helplessness.

In other words, you have to stop being socially awkward.

Last edited:

Makrosky

Thank you everyone for taking time to reply. I read every reply.

I will add that the college who offered the chips to me is used to me rambling about inconvenient truths and doesn’t care what I say and I don’t care if he disagrees with me. I said that stuff in a kind of stupid way as I’m usually being deeply sarcastic to him, he gets it. I usually put ***t on everyone and happily receive it as the fun banter helps with the hard job.

The person who got aggressive wasn’t offering me anything and I wasn’t talking to him but he heard me. Yes it’s a mistake to say anything to him. Another college said a while back that no one can have a conversation with him because it just ends up being an argument. He is very aggressive and angry, arrogant, can only see things on how it impacts him, has bruxism, numb hands, lower back pain, weakness, carpel tunnel, insulin dependant, balls of hard fat under his skin the size of marbles, edema and varicose veins in lower legs, doesn’t sleep. I work next to him and it’s a massive challenge every day. Despite him being an ***hole most of the time, I still help him with stuff same with the other one who spread the news about me not being jabbed because I understand how damn hard it must be for him to exist and work in such a state. I wish he knew what I knew.
Just don't take them that seriously man. Next time just improve the way of interacting with work colleagues.

Living far away is challenging in all aspects, yes.

PeskyPeater

You should keep secret knowledge to yourself, that's why they are called secrets. Im sure you got a bag full of them, but you shouldn't let the bag become a heavy burden on your shoulders.

Aymen

I feel you herbie, most office jobs are contaminated with high setotonin, high estrogen people.
I'm an introvert who is exactly in the same situation, i always gets invited for office birthday parties at work and i know that if i don't show my face they will consider me an enemy and fight me in the future, refusing pufas is the hardest part anyone in this forum can see in work environment, this is my second year of job and i confirm that i didn't refuse any pufas, except one time, i always take it with me and ditch it in the trash without making them see me, when i'm in a birthday party everybody in the office keep looking at me why i don't eat with them the cake with nuts, when they tell me to eat i tell them i will bring it with me and eat it later because i ate a lot of sugar today, they believed me and i got used to it, i always remind myself when i'm with them that i have only one body to live with so no matter what i will refuse any pufas in my mouth, this increases my confidance when i'm around them.
Only one time i refused a bread full of oil, i said that the food outside home give me gas and stomach aches so i avoid it, when i said that to a woman in her 50's she got angry at me and told me to never refuse something that someone has to offer it to you even if you have stomach aches just take it then you can it eat later or ditch it in the trash but never refuse it.

SamYo123

I feel you herbie, most office jobs are contaminated with high setotonin, high estrogen people.
I'm an introvert who is exactly in the same situation, i always gets invited for office birthday parties at work and i know that if i don't show my face they will consider me an enemy and fight me in the future, refusing pufas is the hardest part anyone in this forum can see in work environment, this is my second year of job and i confirm that i didn't refuse any pufas, except one time, i always take it with me and ditch it in the trash without making them see me, when i'm in a birthday party everybody in the office keep looking at me why i don't eat with them the cake with nuts, when they tell me to eat i tell them i will bring it with me and eat it later because i ate a lot of sugar today, they believed me and i got used to it, i always remind myself when i'm with them that i have only one body to live with so no matter what i will refuse any pufas in my mouth, this increases my confidance when i'm around them.
Only one time i refused a bread full of oil, i said that the food outside home give me gas and stomach aches so i avoid it, when i said that to a woman in her 50's she got angry at me and told me to never refuse something that someone has to offer it to you even if you have stomach aches just take it then you can it eat later or ditch it in the trash but never refuse it.
Someone offered me millions before I took it and then i had the cops at my door

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals