I Got 99 Problems, But The Estrogen In Milk Ain’t One

Inaut

@Hans thanks for writing about something very near and dear to my heart! Excellent work as always. I just hopped on the cardamom train today.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans thanks for writing about something very near and dear to my heart! Excellent work as always. I just hopped on the cardamom train today.
Sweet man. I also got some cardamom in the mail. Keep us posted on how the cardamoms work for you.

Maljam

Great article @Hans thanks for posting. Very interesting about goat milk too that was going to be my first search after I finished reading the article.

Rah

Hey Hans If I’m reading this right whole milk has more dht and testosterone so would whole milk be better for androgens if calories are accounted for

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article @Hans thanks for posting. Very interesting about goat milk too that was going to be my first search after I finished reading the article.
My pleasure, thanks for reading.
Hey Hans If I’m reading this right whole milk has more dht and testosterone so would whole milk be better for androgens if calories are accounted for
Most likely. Milk fat is actually pretty good for you irrespective of the androgens in the milk. I'm going to release an article on that next week.

schultz

I wonder if goat milk has less estrogen simply because they would be less likely to milk them while pregnant? From what I remember, goat gestation is only 5 months or something, while a cow's is closer to 9. I don't know what commercial goat dairy practice is like, but if they are on a yearly pregnancy cycle like in cow's (I think cow's are?) with a 2 month break from lactating then a goat may only be milked while pregnant for 3 out of 10 months compared to a cow at a potential 7 out of 10 months. Also keep in mind that the milk production goes down over time so that after 10 months of milking the animal is producing a lot less and therefore the amount of milk it is contributing while pregnant is a lot less than a non-pregnant animal. This may not occur if the animals has kids on it as they would be drinking several times a day. I think it's because they are only milked twice a day by humans and that's why the production drops.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I wonder if goat milk has less estrogen simply because they would be less likely to milk them while pregnant? From what I remember, goat gestation is only 5 months or something, while a cow's is closer to 9. I don't know what commercial goat dairy practice is like, but if they are on a yearly pregnancy cycle like in cow's (I think cow's are?) with a 2 month break from lactating then a goat may only be milked while pregnant for 3 out of 10 months compared to a cow at a potential 7 out of 10 months. Also keep in mind that the milk production goes down over time so that after 10 months of milking the animal is producing a lot less and therefore the amount of milk it is contributing while pregnant is a lot less than a non-pregnant animal. This may not occur if the animals has kids on it as they would be drinking several times a day. I think it's because they are only milked twice a day by humans and that's why the production drops.
I'm not exactly sure how they do it, but I don't know why they won't milk them for as long as they can give milk.

equipoise

Great article and the progesterone takes care of the estrogen.

I was sceptical about low fat milk but switched to it and feel better, less calories from fat.

Rah

My pleasure, thanks for reading.

Most likely. Milk fat is actually pretty good for you irrespective of the androgens in the milk. I'm going to release an article on that next week.

Thanks. Can you eat butter and drink low fat milk and it equal out instead of whole milk while still getting the androgens ?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Can you eat butter and drink low fat milk and it equal out instead of whole milk while still getting the androgens ?
Yes, that's how I understand it.

PaRa

Digestive wise I find whole raw milk way easier than milk + raw butter tho

there is really something particular with raw milk, all the content is easier to digest IME in this form ( low fat milk is easy to digest but raw butter isn’t as easy as raw milk fat)

mrchibbs

Really top notch article Hans. You're an amazing writer and researcher.
The tables about the ratio of progesterone to milk were really fascinating info!

I guess there had to be a reason why I love gouda cheese, butter and heavy cream, look at those beautiful ratios! :hearteyes:

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Really top notch article Hans. You're an amazing writer and researcher.
The tables about the ratio of progesterone to milk were really fascinating info!

I guess there had to be a reason why I love gouda cheese, butter and heavy cream, look at those beautiful ratios! :hearteyes:
Thanks man, really appreciate it.
Yeah man, diary fat is really amazing.

pauljacob

@Hans, does everything in your article apply to Yogurt in a similar way? I don't drink milk but consume a gallon of whole milk a week as home-made Yogurt.

Inaut

@Hans you got a shout out on Danny’s podcast last week :) Keep up the great work

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans, does everything in your article apply to Yogurt in a similar way? I don't drink milk but consume a gallon of whole milk a week as home-made Yogurt.
I'm sure it does. The fermentation process doesn't affect the hormones in the milk/fat. Processing only changes the structure and composition of the fatty acids themselves, but not the hormones.

pauljacob

I'm sure it does. The fermentation process doesn't affect the hormones in the milk/fat. Processing only changes the structure and composition of the fatty acids themselves, but not the hormones.
Thank you Hans. You are a great asset to this forum. :thumbsup: