I Find Beef Liver And Oysters Disgusting

barefooter

I eat my liver raw sometimes too. I haven't done a side by side comparison, but I actually feel that it may be less strong tasting when raw. Or, maybe I just eat way less of it that way. If you guys think beef liver is strong, wait until you try goat liver :). A couple of years ago I purchased a goat from a local farmer and went to the farm on slaughter day to collect the organs. When I got home I sliced off a few bites of the still warm liver. Now that was some potent stuff!!

Philomath

Dan Wich said:
Ok, I've put up a list of 11 desiccated liver brands (with pros/cons) here. The most Peat-friendly capsule appears to be the Radiant Life brand because the only additive is the pure gelatin capsule. That brand is also the only one I've found where the nutrition information (PDF) includes significant amounts of Vitamin A.

It is expensive though, and I don't know if there's any downsides to taking the liver in desiccated form. Maybe someone else can chime in on that subject.

Expensive considering you may have to down 22 pills to equal four ounces of liver. 180 pills is just about an eight week supply for one person.

HDD

I made chopped liver tonight with chicken livers and figured I would be throwing it away. It is good! I just ate some with cheese and crackers. I didn't eat more because it is too late to have coffee or coke with it. My son even said it was good. :P

This is the link for the recipe.
http://www.food.com/recipe/mirjs-heart- ... iver-22420

I changed the recipe a bit. Used 1/2 lb liver, 3 hard boiled eggs, 3 medium onions, coconut oil, salt, garlic powder

A

Adnada

I am unfortunately in the club that cannot stomach the taste of liver. I have been dicing raw liver into little cubes and swallowing like a pill with my morning coffee/gelatin. Does anyone know if these non-chewed pieces are able to be broken down sufficiently?

freal

Liver goes really well with onion and wine. A lot of onions. Without this two ingredients I simply cannot stomach liver, but when combined its very nice with some polenta (cornmeal). Also add dried bell pepper, laurel and rosemary. Calf liver does not have the strong odor but its expensive and hard to get. Beef liver will have the strong odor.
The disgusting part is preparing it.

Mittir

@adnada
I cut beef liver into very small pieces and then let it marinate in lemon water or milk for 30 min. I add half a tsp of lemon juice in a cup of water, it supposed to remove bad taste.
I have noticed just soaking in water is enough if the pieces are really small.
Then I cook that in oil for 1-2 minutes on high temperature and gets totally cooked.
I believe If something gets cooked in 2 minutes then stomach acid can easily break
it down. Bigger piece of liver takes bit longer time to cook. But i
remove the membrane covering the liver surface, that stuff does not get cooked easily.

paper_clips43

I enjoy the taste of liver raw as well. I could chew it if I wanted but I actually feel like I digest better by bolting. So I cut 3-4 ounces of liver into about 4 bites and swallow it whole. I digest it fine so I don't think its an issue if you swallow it whole. IMO

A

Adnada

paper_clips43 said:
I enjoy the taste of liver raw as well. I could chew it if I wanted but I actually feel like I digest better by bolting. So I cut 3-4 ounces of liver into about 4 bites and swallow it whole. I digest it fine so I don't think its an issue if you swallow it whole. IMO
I hope so, because it's the best I can do for now!

Frankdee20

Yeah, the tenderness of Calves liver supersedes that of Beef. I try to buy fresh, not previously frozen. They all have a similar taste, but chicken liver isn't that special. Sautéed in onions with a few potatoes sliced, delicious. The calves liver is roughly 9 bucks a pound, here in NYC. Whole Foods, or Fairway Market have excellent products.

TheHound

Oysters I really like fried in butter with some lemon juice on them. Can't stand liver at all, are we even supposed to be eating that nasty stuff? My cat eats everything and I mean EVERYTHING. i could drop a damn piece of tomato on the ground and he'll eat it. Tried putting a small piece of liver to his mouth once and he recoiled back, got up and turned around. Never seen him do that before

Frankdee20

Oysters I really like fried in butter with some lemon juice on them. Can't stand liver at all, are we even supposed to be eating that nasty stuff? My cat eats everything and I mean EVERYTHING. i could drop a damn piece of tomato on the ground and he'll eat it. Tried putting a small piece of liver to his mouth once and he recoiled back, got up and turned around. Never seen him do that before

Kitties are enigmatic little creatures lol

tara

My cat eats everything and I mean EVERYTHING. i could drop a damn piece of tomato on the ground and he'll eat it. Tried putting a small piece of liver to his mouth once and he recoiled back, got up and turned around.
My cat would fight anything that got between him and liver. Unless it was really old. I'd suspect the quality of what you've been sourcing.

LUH 3417

Maybe it's emotional

Attachments

• IMG_5597.JPG
    IMG_5597.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 22

chispas

Maybe it's emotional

This quote is great. This is exactly why I don't like them. They must be reminding me of my prior ancient primordial low energy state back when I spent too much time in a bath of blue UV light as an amoeba. Bad times.

chispas

This quote is great. This is exactly why I don't like them. They must be reminding me of my prior ancient primordial low energy state back when I spent too much time in a bath of blue UV light as an amoeba 1 million+ years ago. Bad times.

LUH 3417

This quote is great. This is exactly why I don't like them. They must be reminding me of my prior ancient primordial low energy state back when I spent too much time in a bath of blue UV light as an amoeba. Bad times.
Did you have high serotonin as an amoeba?

TheHound

My cat would fight anything that got between him and liver. Unless it was really old. I'd suspect the quality of what you've been sourcing.

not sure about that, it was fresh liver from multiple different source. 2 of my cats refused to eat it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals