I felt really sick - cyproheptadine is like magic

mrchibbs

I've felt off on cypro. Like slow, sedated. My own mother even asked me had I been drugged. That's one drop of idealabs stuff. It sure relieves allergies, but no bueno otherwise

Yeah it probably indicates just how much you were running on stress hormones. Very few things stop the cycle of stress better than cypro. Most people experience this zombie state at first, but it is profoundly soothing when you've been sick for a long time.

GreekDemiGod

So you can still maintain perfectly good erections on the 0.5mg daily? Looking to try this myself.
No, I deal with some erection problems. I was saying that quitting Cypro did not improve my erection, so I concluded that it was not negatively affecting my erection / libido, and it was something else.

GreekDemiGod

Yeah it probably indicates just how much you were running on stress hormones. Very few things stop the cycle of stress better than cypro. Most people experience this zombie state at first, but it is profoundly soothing when you've been sick for a long time.
I've had moments the next day after Cypro where I could feel my stress hormones and serotonin were lower, but I also did not feel fatigued or zombie. It was a bliss state

equipoise

No, this is different.

Progesterone nuked my stress hormones and did not make me feel like a sedated zombie. Quite the contrary. Plus blood tests showed normal AM & PM cortisol levels.

Truth is not everyone responds good to cypro and its not this wonder drug everyone is raving about. It's all subjective, I was just sharing my experience.

@Lokzo talked about rebound serotonin strikes with cypro and I am sure I am not the only one who negatively reacted to it. 2c

Razvan

T
No, this is different.

Progesterone nuked my stress hormones and did not make me feel like a sedated zombie. Quite the contrary. Plus blood tests showed normal AM & PM cortisol levels.

Truth is not everyone responds good to cypro and its not this wonder drug everyone is raving about. It's all subjective, I was just sharing my experience.

@Lokzo talked about rebound serotonin strikes with cypro and I am sure I am not the only one who negatively reacted to it. 2c
True , i think Cyproheptadine should be avoided as it is an antagonist of the D2 dopamine receptor and it can make you feel sad and unmotivated,also it blocks acetylcholine and makes you way dumber and drunk.
It can raise prolactin which is critical.
People who have benefits from it most likely had a histamine reaction for too long.

Razvan

You can lower serotonin much better by lowering and blocking prolactin and getting out of the comfort zone everyday,upping your energy production with B1 and magnesium and proper convert hormones from cholesterol.

golder

You can lower serotonin much better by lowering and blocking prolactin and getting out of the comfort zone everyday,upping your energy production with B1 and magnesium and proper convert hormones from cholesterol.
Other than comfort zone/magnesium (which form?)/B1, what else have you done to reduce your prolactin?
Thank you!

B

Blaze

What are you on about? I had spirit crushing allergies when I was a kid. Antihistamines were a life saver
Certainly no offense intended. Just a small attempt at levity about the sedating effects of antihistamines, humor which I thought you might enjoy. Apparently I was mistaken and the attempt at humor went over like a lead balloon. Glad that the anti histamines helped you.

Frankdee20

Almost all basic anti histamine medicines cause some form of drowsiness / sedated feeling. You may just be extra sensitive. Everybody is different. Kind of like my experience with T3. Some people tolerate it quite well. In my body, caused anxiety. And I don't mean a little anxiety. It was dramatic.
Do you tolerate T4/T3 mixture better ...

B

Blaze

Do you tolerate T4/T3 mixture better ...
Yes, much better. I need to have a balanced T4/T3 product to be able to use a thyroid medicine. Not sure of the mechanism as to why the T3 alone doesn't work for me.

Frankdee20

Yes, much better. I need to have a balanced T4/T3 product to be able to use a thyroid medicine. Not sure of the mechanism as to why the T3 alone doesn't work for me.
Interesting because I did buy the Tyromix and only used it three days, gave me anxiety....

B

Blaze

Interesting because I did buy the Tyromix and only used it three days, gave me anxiety....
Certainly is very interesting. The way different people react to identical things is highly variable. We all want to feel good and improve well being. Guess we'll just have to experiment and listen to how our body reacts and try to determine what is beneficial or detrimental. I think the liver might be involved in how differently we react.

B

Blaze

Certainly is very interesting. The way different people react to identical things is highly variable. We all want to feel good and improve well being. Guess we'll just have to experiment and listen to how our body reacts and try to determine what is beneficial or detrimental. I think the liver might be involved in how differently some react.
Have you ever had any liver issues?

B

Blaze

As far as elevated enzymes and routine liver blood work abnormalities ? No ...
Then nothing is probably wrong, you just uniquely metabolize T3 and T4 the way you do. I cannot use T3 by itself. Only the T3/T4 combo. Can you use the T3 alone?

Frankdee20

Then nothing is probably wrong, you just uniquely metabolize T3 and T4 the way you do. I cannot use T3 by itself. Only the T3/T4 combo. Can you use the T3 alone?
Never tried the T3 alone... I started with 1-2 drops of the mix, and it was a great mood elevator ... then the third day, increased the dose, and got bad anxiety... that was two months ago, and never used it again... I wanted to get rid of the bottle or maybe try again (wanted to use this to lower my high cholesterol).... idk

mrchibbs

No, this is different.

In my experience, and that of several people in my family with significant problems, it has been a wonder drug literally. Like, it stopped long-standing symptoms over night, bringing profound relief. 2c

equipoise

In my experience, and that of several people in my family with significant problems, it has been a wonder drug literally. Like, it stopped long-standing symptoms over night, bringing profound relief. 2c
And I, for one, could not be happier to hear that.