I feel much better in the Winter. Are there Individual Cycles based on Seasons?

Why is it that summer just destroys me physically and mentally?

In the winter I'm sharper, more energetic, more productive, more motivated to work out, etc...

Not only that, but my hair is usually thicker and my sleep schedule isn't so erratic like it is nowadays. November and December are just amazing.

Cold weather has a very positive impact on me, whereas June, July, and August are quite depressing.

But this is kind of strange to me considering most people report the opposite. Any thoughts on this?

Dave Clark

Consider the possibility that you may have a sub-clinical environmental allergy to pollen, mold, etc. In today's world there are more and more people finding out that they have sensitivities to things they didn't in the past, and due to many factors like EMFs, chemicals in food, water, air, etc. these sensitivities are increasing every year. The way you feel may have more to do with seasons than temperature.

OP
RenaissanceMan
Consider the possibility that you may have a sub-clinical environmental allergy to pollen, mold, etc. In today's world there are more and more people finding out that they have sensitivities to things they didn't in the past, and due to many factors like EMFs, chemicals in food, water, air, etc. these sensitivities are increasing every year. The way you feel may have more to do with seasons than temperature.
Very interesting. Thank you

AdR

There are big changes depending on season. You might find yourself enjoying pungent (garlic/onion) and spicy items more during the summer. Those things make you feel lighter (not cooler). Your body cools itself normally, and a light and airy feeling when it's super hot may help you feel normal again. You will probably feel worse eating higher quantities of fat relative to protein/carbs as well in the summer. I would try keeping protein high and reducing fat. If you are a fan of it, then the milk and oj diet can work easily this time of year I think. If not, a normal diet can work well, but I would try spicing things up, increasing liquids and protein, and foregoing added fats (butter etc). Whatever is in your food already should be good I think.

Michael Mohn

I second the allergies hypothesis. I was tested allergic on dust mites and grass pollen in my early teens. I never took it too serious but reflecting on some patterns and symptoms I realised that my allergies affected me much more than I wanted to acknowledge in the past. Summer definitely improves some symptoms but late spring and early summer always make other symptoms pop up like joint pains, itchy eyes and sleep problems etc. Pollen season clearly effects me. Recently I moved in an apartment with an older carpet and dry skin, eczema and weight gain/water retention became noticeable. Low vitamin D and low thyroid in winter isn't helping.

Maybe you react excessively to UV radiation. Does your condition improve when you avoid intense sunlight?

OP
RenaissanceMan
You guys might be on point regarding allergies.

I take a quality multi, extra D3/K2, mag but come to think of it, I've actually been sneezing a lot lately... Perhaps that explains my mild fatigue and low motivation.

Anything specific I should do to see if that's actually the problem? I do plan on moving soon

Michael Mohn

Get an allergy test. You want to have an idea what trickers reactions. High cortisol seem to increase general sensitivity to allergens.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

Winter can be very "pristine" and energizing in the right context.

I dislike the summer humidity. It induces a certain laziness in me - Spring is my favourite season and November my least favourite month. I feel even Steroidogenesis is less in that darkness (Sunrise by 7:30/Sunset at 4:45 and all cloudy days).

When the very short and cloudy days of December become sunnier, drier and grow longer through January and especially February I'm more active than ever. March and April are the best for me when even it's still chilly some days.

lampofred

I think cold weather and darkness can lower blood pressure. In general Peat says warm, sunny climates are best for health but I think if you have blood pressure that is higher than what would be optimal for you then coldness and darkness might be beneficial for you.

Back
Top Bottom