I Feel More Energized And Active During The Night

Mo_v

During daytime I feel really lazy and tired and I'm anxious all the time but at night my personality completely changes and I feel like I want to get s*** done. Daytime feels like it flies by but nighttime feels more productive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Check out the book Power of when. It talks about these things and that there are sleep types and it's actually "normal" for that to happen.

A few things you can do is get morning sunlight for like 10-15min each morning. Do grounding as well and maybe even do some form of exercise.

Being tired in tbe morning has got to do with elevated melatonin, adenosine and maybe GABA. Lowering those with light and caffeine can improve wakefulness.
Noradrenaline, cortisol, ghrelin, orexin and histamine is probably elevated at night which is stimulatory.

Leave your creative and focus demanding work for later in the day.

michael94

its because of chronic low thyroid. I was saying the same thing to myself today so its nice that you made this thread. I believe at night tine the liver functions are more sensitive/favorable to noradrenaline whereas during the day you have to deal with low thyroid/energy all over again.

michael94

Here is two quotes from Ray Peat on noradrenaline

"It increases oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production, with many protective effects. Noradrenalin is a central part of brain functioning, and integrates energy metabolism throughout the body, releasing glucose from stored glycogen; it isn't a stress hormone. Sugar protects against increased cortisol/cortisone. The cultists say it's addictive and causes stress, but that's their problem." (RP)

"Hypothyroidism makes cells insensitive, and to keep functioning, the body has to increase the signals to activate them. Some hypothyroid people get very tense, alert, and sometimes even hypermetabolic, while others become sluggish, dull, and cold. Noradrenalin is largely responsible for the better kind of adaptive response. Serotonin dominance tends toward hibernation as a way to get through stress. Evidence from lizards and hibernating squirrels shows that polyunsaturated fats are responsible for that kind of adaptive avoidance. When thyroid functions, and the available energy fuels (sugars and saturated fats) are optimal, cells are very sensitive to all appropriate signals, and so the nerve signals, and other hormones, can decrease to very low levels. Both glucose and fructose help to keep the brain's T3 level up."(RP)

burtlancast

It's totally anormal.

What time do you go to bed/wake up ?

lampofred

TSH/serotonin/GH are highest in the morning and the balance slowly shifts from serotonin to adrenaline the longer you are awake, which helps with motivation. I think getting more calcium/vitamin D, thyroid, gelatin and bright light exposure should help. With enough CO2 you don't need adrenaline to stimulate you and TSH/serotonin/GH are naturally low.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It's totally anormal.

What time do you go to bed/wake up ?
Staying up very late and feeling energized in the late evening is abnormal, but not everyone is the same. Some people wake up at 4 and feel refreshed and others wake up at 9 and feel refreshed. Even if he fixes his circadian rhythm and metabolism, he might still feel best when waking up at 8-9 and be most productive later in the day.

burtlancast

Staying up very late and feeling energized in the late evening is abnormal, but not everyone is the same. Some people wake up at 4 and feel refreshed and others wake up at 9 and feel refreshed. Even if he fixes his circadian rhythm and metabolism, he might still feel best when waking up at 8-9 and be most productive later in the day.

By his account, he probably wakes up much later than 8-9.

stackz07

There is a genetic variant that is called the Night Owl gene. I have a variation of it. Might want to get tested for it.

Hgreen56

TSH/serotonin/GH are highest in the morning and the balance slowly shifts from serotonin to adrenaline the longer you are awake, which helps with motivation. .
wait this isnt right, stress hormones like cortisol are highest in the morning, and decrease later that day.

Staying up very late and feeling energized in the late evening is abnormal,
what is abnormal feeling energized in the late evening?
When i start peating like 100 days ago i notice that it got harder and harder to fall asleep.
I am less tired, more energized and my gues is that this is becease peating decrease serotonin and increasing dopamine thats make me feel energized?
The best thing what works for me is getting a orgasm and then i fall directly asleep. i guess a orgasm increase serotonin.

I'm the same. A lot of it is circadian rhythm disruption imo. Avoid blue- and bright light in general like a plague in the evening (- that includes screens aswell) and don't eat after 6-7 pm . Do some walking/biking or light exercise in the afternoon/evening. It will take 1-2 month for the body to adjust.

Hans

Forum Supporter
wait this isnt right, stress hormones like cortisol are highest in the morning, and decrease later that day.

what is abnormal feeling energized in the late evening?
When i start peating like 100 days ago i notice that it got harder and harder to fall asleep.
I am less tired, more energized and my gues is that this is becease peating decrease serotonin and increasing dopamine thats make me feel energized?
The best thing what works for me is getting a orgasm and then i fall directly asleep. i guess a orgasm increase serotonin.
If you sleep too long and sleep in, then it gets more difficult to fall asleep.
If you're not active while having more energy, then it can also get more difficult to fall asleep.

lampofred

I think cortisol is highest in the morning but adrenaline gets higher later in the day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals