I Don't Want To Be Obese, Need Help

Astolfo

Could this be cholesterol? I have a very bothersome hyperphagia problem. It's like my blood sugar drops, my belly craves food, I have no appetite but I get hungery very quickly through the day and night. Also this gives me agression. After eating meal I get sneeze for a few times. Filtered coffee doesn't affect me but unfiltered coffee (turkish coffee) makes me lightheaded. Also I have racing hearth time to time.

On top of these, I gained a lot of fat, especially at my visceral area. Could this be metabolic syndrome? How can I fix this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
What does your diet consist of? Describe your meals and snacks.

OP
A

Astolfo

What does your diet consist of? Describe your meals and snacks.

I eat everything(meat, green vegs, cruciferous vegs, rice, potato, chicken, liver, pastry) time to time, except fishes and fast foods. There is no routine in my diet. I eat high carb, medium fat (mostly olive oil) and protein (mostly cheese).

Anything in my diet hasn't changed at all. I used to be running on my adrenals back then, and I guess the high cortisol state was what keeped me lean despite the very sedentary lifestyle. My neurology and metabolism really changed a lot since I took the first pill of fluoxetine. Adrenal fatigue, cold sensitivity(shivering), feminine type body changes etc.

Zoiros

How much protein do get in a day?

Sounds like you might have serotonin/histamine/gut issues.

When I had chronic fatigue in my early 20’s, it was caused by pufa’s, excessive starch, and inadequate protein intake.

IME olive oil is terrible, and eliminating it from my diet caused substantial fat loss and increased energy.

Aaron

Your diet sounds pretty great from your description, although mono fat has no benefits aside from not being PUFA. Drop the pastry and reduce the cheese, because large amounts of saturated fat aren't good for you either. Be ascetic with your food, imo. Just say no to cravings. It gets easier if you cancel out non-beneficial foods altogether, because the gut bacteria that feed on them will eventually die off. I think you'll find it very difficult to not lose weight if you only allow yourself to eat beneficial foods like raw carrots, vinegar, potatoes with minimal fat added, coffee or tea with sugar (or no caffeinated drink at all), lowfat milk, fat free greek yogurt, boiled eggs, oatmeal, chicken breast, vegetable soup, beef broth, collagen shakes with powdered supplements added (turmeric, taurine, magnesium citrate), etc. Maybe I'm wrong though. Regardless, a calories deficit will need to be achieved for you to lose weight, as is always the case.

Also, you will gain more weight by eating in the evening than the morning, partly because you will burn up to 50% more calories metabolizing the morning meal, and because you're more insulin sensitive in the morning. NutritionFacts.org just uploaded two videos about this "chronobiology" phenomenon. Personally, I have zero appetite in the morning but still force myself to eat a pile of complex carbs (oats, potatoes, organic grain flakes). I've experienced benefits from this as an already lean, fit person.

Last edited:
OP
A

Astolfo

When I had chronic fatigue in my early 20’s, it was caused by pufa’s, excessive starch, and inadequate protein intake.

IME olive oil is terrible, and eliminating it from my diet caused substantial fat loss and increased energy.

I'm already taking cyproheptadine daily. Wouldn't it help?

Your diet sounds pretty great from your description, although mono fat has no benefits aside from not being PUFA. Drop the pastry and reduce the cheese, because large amounts of saturated fat aren't good for you either. Be ascetic with your food, imo. Just say no to cravings. It gets easier if you cancel out non-beneficial foods altogether, because the gut bacteria that feed on them will eventually die off. I think you'll find it very difficult to not lose weight if you only allow yourself to eat beneficial foods like raw carrots, vinegar, potatoes with minimal fat added, coffee or tea with sugar (or no caffeinated drink at all), lowfat milk, fat free greek yogurt, boiled eggs, oatmeal, chicken breast, vegetable soup, beef broth, collagen shakes with powdered supplements added (turmeric, taurine, magnesium citrate), etc. Maybe I'm wrong though. Regardless, a calories deficit will need to be achieved for you to lose weight, as is always the case.

Also, you will gain more weight by eating in the evening than the morning, partly because you will burn up to 50% more calories metabolizing the morning meal, and because you're more insulin sensitive in the morning. NutritionFacts.org just uploaded two videos about this "chronobiology" phenomenon. Personally, I have zero appetite in the morning but still force myself to eat a pile of complex carbs (oats, potatoes, organic grain flakes). I've experienced benefits from this as an already lean, fit person.

My cravings are not like usual ones which are caused by appetite. It's like my blood sugar drops. That's why that is so hard to resist it. I can't even concentrate.

Today i changed my usual routine. I drank turkish coffee instead of instant coffee. My tinnitus increased really A LOT. And that lightheaded sensation...

I will take a cholesterole check tomorrow. Strange reaction to unfiltered coffee and fructose makes me suspicious.

Zoiros

I'm already taking cyproheptadine daily. Wouldn't it help?

I don’t know too much about cypro, but after what I have read on this forum, I won’t touch it.

I think the post after my first has some excellent info in it.

boris

Switching from olive oil to coconut oil would be the first thing in my opinion. Good thing about olive oil are it's anti cancer properties, but MUFAs are known to cause weight gain.

And cypro reportedly causes weight gain. It surely did for me.

Even when accounting for calories?
I think, even then, it will cause some weight gain, but probably less. I saw two people on the forum saying that they didn't eat more while on cypro and still gained weight.

kreeese

your diet is the problem Lets clean it up...cmonnnnnnn its terrible...drop the chicken most veggies pastries olive oil and watch the rice and potatoes. This will align you much more with Ray Peats way of eating...how old are you ...height and weight? Here to help!!!!
Chris Kreeeese rocco

Runenight201

your diet is the problem Lets clean it up...cmonnnnnnn its terrible...drop the chicken most veggies pastries olive oil and watch the rice and potatoes. This will align you much more with Ray Peats way of eating...how old are you ...height and weight? Here to help!!!!
Chris Kreeeese rocco

CHRIS you need to update your progress thread; people there were dying to know how your saturated fat and sugar diets been going.

kreeese

CHRIS you need to update your progress thread; people there were dying to know how your saturated fat and sugar diets been going.
heyyy How u been! goin fantastic my friend! I will post an update soon! been very busy workin and P..eating fun foods!!

OP
A

Astolfo

but after what I have read on this forum, I won’t touch it.

Why exactly? Is there anything I should be concerned beside weight gain?

Cypro can help with gut issues, but it can also increase your appetite so look out for that.

I have no appetite whatsoever. Only hungryness. My calorie intake didn't changed.

I think, even then, it will cause some weight gain, but probably less. I saw two people on the forum saying that they didn't eat more while on cypro and still gained weight.

I too remember a thing about histamine. From what I understood, low histamine signalling causes weight gain. And that maybe explain my unstoppable fat gain since the early days of PSSD. There could be a problem with my histamine. Cyproheptadine possibly made it worse, but I have to take it unfortunately.

Chris Kreeeese rocco

17, 1.75 cm.

%80 percent of my diet has to be eliminated? How am I going to get required micros?

It makes you fat

Yes apperantly :( But because it makes my bowel jerks more controllable, I have to take it anyways :|

redsun

Why exactly? Is there anything I should be concerned beside weight gain?

I have no appetite whatsoever. Only hungryness. My calorie intake didn't changed.

I too remember a thing about histamine. From what I understood, low histamine signalling causes weight gain. And that maybe explain my unstoppable fat gain since the early days of PSSD. There could be a problem with my histamine. Cyproheptadine possibly made it worse, but I have to take it unfortunately.

17, 1.75 cm.

%80 percent of my diet has to be eliminated? How am I going to get required micros?

Yes apperantly :( But because it makes my bowel jerks more controllable, I have to take it anyways :|

Bowel jerks? If you sneeze multiple times from eating taking cypro has probably made your histamine way too sensitive. The action of eating and chewing raises histamine.

Constatine

Emphasis on protein intake. It is so important for good health. Most people don't get nearly enough protein. I personally think the optimal amount is 30 percent of your caloric intake.

OP
A

Astolfo

If you sneeze multiple times from eating taking cypro has probably made your histamine way too sensitive. The action of eating and chewing raises histamine.

It was the case even before cyproheptadine. And it was (still) increasing over time. I could say cypro helped a bit to lessen it.

Bowel jerks?

I'm Looking For An Exact Name To This Disease

Emphasis on protein intake. It is so important for good health. Most people don't get nearly enough protein. I personally think the optimal amount is 30 percent of your caloric intake.

I think I get enough, but I will check my macros from this day.