I Don't Want To Be Obese, Need Help

Zoiros

Why exactly? Is there anything I should be concerned beside weight gain?

You are 17! You don’t need pharmaceutical drugs! Have you read the list of adverse side effects? Horrible.

Eat a decent diet, exercise, get plenty of sleep and sunshine, avoid alcohol/tobacco/drugs/stress and you will be fine!

Don’t go crazy on the supplements either. I’ve done this personally and it only caused more problems.

Some posters here give the impression that the only way to heal is to take massive doses of drugs and supplements while eating an extremely restrictive diet. This is not true, so don’t fall for it.

OP
A

Astolfo

You are 17! You don’t need pharmaceutical drugs! Have you read the list of adverse side effects? Horrible.

Eat a decent diet, exercise, get plenty of sleep and sunshine, avoid alcohol/tobacco/drugs/stress and you will be fine!

Don’t go crazy on the supplements either. I’ve done this personally and it only caused more problems.

Some posters here give the impression that the only way to heal is to take massive doses of drugs and supplements while eating an extremely restrictive diet. This is not true, so don’t fall for it.

There is a misunderstanding here because anybody doesn't know my previous posts, I totally understand that. Only a few dose of one pharmaceutical already ruined my life. I have severely affected from antidepressant, and I have progressive cognitive and emotional deteroiration since more than two years. The fat gain problem is just one of the all problems. I really bothered hearing healthy life advice bullshits.

Zoiros

There is a misunderstanding here because anybody doesn't know my previous posts, I totally understand that. Only a few dose of one pharmaceutical already ruined my life. I have severely affected from antidepressant, and I have progressive cognitive and emotional deteroiration since more than two years. The fat gain problem is just one of the all problems. I really bothered hearing healthy life advice bullshits.

That’s terrible. SSRI’s are poison. I hope you find a way to heal.

I don’t think more drugs are the answer though. And you’ve received some sound advice from other posters in this thread, like post #5.

Healing takes years, and you are young, so you will bounce back from this as long as you’re consistently getting all necessary nutrients from diet.

OP
A

Astolfo

That’s terrible. SSRI’s are poison. I hope you find a way to heal.

I don’t think more drugs are the answer though. And you’ve received some sound advice from other posters in this thread, like post #5.

Healing takes years, and you are young, so you will bounce back from this as long as you’re consistently getting all necessary nutrients from diet.

Unfortunately I'm totally hopeless right now. My bcaa order will take some time to arrive, I will try serotonin depletion.

And thanks for all the other advices here too.

Zoiros

Unfortunately I'm totally hopeless right now. My bcaa order will take some time to arrive, I will try serotonin depletion.

And thanks for all the other advices here too.

Depleting serotonin is a worthy endeavor. Just keep in mind that BCAA’s can block tyrosine as well, so it’s good to cycle off from time to time.

I personally use small doses of aspirin, cinchona bark(quinine), and gelatin with tryptophan heavy proteins like milk and meat to lessen absorption.

Quinine Is A Serotonin Antagonist And Inhibits Serotonin Synthesis

redsun

I know I don't follow your previous posts but how long after getting PSSD did you completely wash out and not take anything at all? At your age taking something may have caused an initial problem (PSSD) but usually the body is supposed be able to reset itself given enough time off a drug when you are young. I had a similar issue like yourself where I took a drug (for about half a year) then hopped on tons of supplements to try and fix whatever the drug did to me.

I used mostly vitamins but even then vitamins or minerals didnt fix it and made it harder for myself to reset because it kept putting more things into the body. Only when I stopped taking anything at all (while eating normal, providing protein/carbs/fats) and let the body readjust did I truly improve. It takes longer when you take one thing to deal with the effects of another which causes other not medically known problems. But I was young like you at the time (still am) and I reset myself pretty well just by swearing off everything and just eating and recovering.

Weight loss and reducing fibrous foods (eating very low fiber diet) should reduce bowel reactivity. Weight loss from the abdomen should clear up space in that area. Fiber does the same thing, can increase pressure and cause a more reactive bowel. Food volume is also greater when you are overweight because you need more food to maintain weight. Dropping weight means less food to maintain weight and therefore less food bulk in your intestines causing problems. The wide variety of foods you say you eat is likely piling on an increased amount of bulk in your intestines and causing issues. Reducing fiber may help significantly and thats the first thing I would try.

Yes apperantly :( But because it makes my bowel jerks more controllable, I have to take it anyways
. Try ketotifen instead. In my experience it's better for GI issues and doesn't cause weight gain.

Constatine

Serotonin antagonism does seem to be a good goal: 5-HT 1A receptor antagonism reverses and prevents fluoxetine-induced sexual dysfunction in rats. SSRI's chronically desensitize the 5-ht1 receptors so higher doses of caffeine might help over a long period of time as it sensitizes 5-ht1. In the past I've found the combination of caffeine + aspirin to be incredible for mood.

Responsible intermittent fasting can probably help. Its great for burning fat, modulates the microbiome, and induces neurogenesis via doubling BDNF expression and what not. BDNF aids sexual competence through many mechanisms.

Tianeptine might also be useful: https://www.researchgate.net/public...ith_antidepressant-induced_sexual_dysfunction. Note that tianeptine is not 100 percent safe.

Last edited:

Vinny

Responsible intermittent fasting can probably help. Its great for burning fat, modulates the microbiome, and induces neurogenesis via doubling BDNF expression and what not. BDNF aids sexual competence through many mechanisms.
Have you ever practiced IF yourself?
In what way modulates the microbiome?
You know, I posted recently a similar thread, in wich you responded some, but don't remember mentioning IF as a possible solution .... thanks

Constatine

Have you ever practiced IF yourself?
In what way modulates the microbiome?
You know, I posted recently a similar thread, in wich you responded some, but don't remember mentioning IF as a possible solution .... thanks
In the past I practiced IF regularly (for about three years). I fast once a week now but I don't practice IF anymore as it can make me lose too much weight (I don't have any fat to lose). Doing a 24 hour fast once a week certainly helps my microbiome as I have SIBO (or rather did, its pretty much resolved now). My gut was quite healthy during my time partaking in IF, which was before I got SIBO.
Intermittent fasting shifts the microbiome profile to favor an anti-inflammatory and protective composition: Intermittent fasting confers protection in CNS autoimmunity by altering the gut microbiota, Short-Term, Intermittent Fasting Induces Long-Lasting Gut Health and TOR-Independent Lifespan Extension, [Effect of intermittent fasting on physiology and gut microbiota in presenium rats]. - PubMed - NCBI, Restructuring of the Gut Microbiome by Intermittent Fasting Prevents Retinopathy and Prolongs Survival in db/db Mice. - PubMed - NCBI, Islamic fasting leads to an increased abundance of Akkermansia muciniphila and Bacteroides fragilis group: A preliminary study on intermittent fasting.
It also aids in bacterial clearance in cases of intestinal infection: Error - Cookies Turned Off (link still works, just weird text), at least partially through enhanced immunoglobulin A secretion.

Vinny

In the past I practiced IF regularly (for about three years). I fast once a week now but I don't practice IF anymore as it can make me lose too much weight (I don't have any fat to lose). Doing a 24 hour fast once a week certainly helps my microbiome as I have SIBO (or rather did, its pretty much resolved now). My gut was quite healthy during my time partaking in IF, which was before I got SIBO.
Intermittent fasting shifts the microbiome profile to favor an anti-inflammatory and protective composition: Intermittent fasting confers protection in CNS autoimmunity by altering the gut microbiota, Short-Term, Intermittent Fasting Induces Long-Lasting Gut Health and TOR-Independent Lifespan Extension, [Effect of intermittent fasting on physiology and gut microbiota in presenium rats]. - PubMed - NCBI, Restructuring of the Gut Microbiome by Intermittent Fasting Prevents Retinopathy and Prolongs Survival in db/db Mice. - PubMed - NCBI, Islamic fasting leads to an increased abundance of Akkermansia muciniphila and Bacteroides fragilis group: A preliminary study on intermittent fasting.
It also aids in bacterial clearance in cases of intestinal infection: Error - Cookies Turned Off (link still works, just weird text), at least partially through enhanced immunoglobulin A secretion.
Wow, that's cool ...

Constatine

Hello @Constatine, would you mind explaining what you mean by responsible IF? Curious. Thank you in advance.
Getting enough calories and nutrients in during your feeding hours and also not over fasting. Many who do IF just end up starving themselves which destroys immunity and the microbiome. Also fasting for significantly more than 24 hours can start to increase intestinal permeability and damage the intestinal barrier. IF is about meal timing, not reducing your total nutrient and caloric intake.

Lollipop2

Getting enough calories and nutrients in during your feeding hours and also not over fasting. Many who do IF just end up starving themselves which destroys immunity and the microbiome. Also fasting for significantly more than 24 hours can start to increase intestinal permeability and damage the intestinal barrier. IF is about meal timing, not reducing your total nutrient and caloric intake.
That makes sense. Sometimes life causes an unplanned natural IF day for me. I get busy and eat in a window not even trying to...all without a reduction in nutrients or caloric intake.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Opioidus

Have you tried a fiber supplement OP? I take a very small amount of fiber from the optimum nutrition brand and it gives me superhuman control over my appettite. But be careful because it also gives me constipation and inflames by gut severly. You can use it three times a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals