I Dont Tolerate Food X Anymore, I Can’t Eat Anything Anymore

Ableton

AKA you are frying all of your food and that is exactly the problem for you.

I have observed this in real life too. Putting oil in the pan and heating it up like crazy is just business as usual. You flare up? It must have been the spinach.

The only ingredient you are not considering (oil) is the problem.

Instead of going on an elimination diet, ditch heated fats, including sat fat.

boil and steam your food, or slow cook it.

This is already common practice in some upper class, health conscious families in middle Europe and the Mediterranean as far as I can tell.

i have seen tremendous improvement in digestion and inflammation markers from doing this, after about 1 week

Last edited:
OP
A

Ableton

Without backing this up with any literature, I think the pufa-epidemic is in part a heated-fat epidemic.

if I go to belgium and eat fries fried in beef fat I still feel like ***t.

and to a lesser degree this also happens when I fry my eggs in butter or even coco oil. The difference is night and day for me

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Without backing this up with any literature, I think the pufa-epidemic is in part a heated-fat epidemic.

if I go to belgium and eat fries fried in beef fat I still feel like ***t.

and to a lesser degree this also happens when I fry my eggs in butter or even coco oil. The difference is night and day for me

I still havent been able to give this up altho I know it isnt good. Nothing tastes quite like eggs fried in butter

清貴杉山

The only food that i "fry" is eggs,10 grams of butter no more,ceramic pan,you dont have to fry your food in first place,eat raw/boiled/steamed meat or eggs,boiled roots and tubers.Adding 45 grams of extreme heated fat on your food is really a issue

gaze

interesting. Ive never really thought about it but butter and coconut oils "oxidation point" is quite low. less than 300 degrees F i think. I dont know if the 2% of pufa being oxidized is a problem if its protected by sat fat, but who knows

I still havent been able to give this up altho I know it isnt good. Nothing tastes quite like eggs fried in butter

@snacks I think the odd egg a couple times a week fried in butter ain't gonna kill ya. If more people stopped eating out at shitty restaurants and kept the frying time at home under say 10 minutes then that would make a 'huge' difference, palm oil or butter preferred :): unfortunately in these modern times a lot of people are 'time' poor and subsequently choose convenience over health :eek:

ursidae

I’ve been doing this for a long time, fried food makes me feel really bad. Can’t say its improved my condition or intolerances, as it’s kinda stressful trying to get all your fat raw, almost everything is getting heated during the production process. Butter/cheese is still made from pasteurised milk for example. It’s very restrictive but makes it easier to avoid Pufa at least as your total fat intake goes way down. Wai diet is similar but the focus is more on protein. I wonder if some of the benefits people see from nuts/avocado are partly due to them being raw

Last edited:
IIRC most milk is HTST therefore milk is heated for 15 seconds at 165F, don't think that's a big concern.

OP
A

Ableton

I’ve been doing this for a long time, fried food makes me feel really bad. Can’t say its improved my condition or intolerances, as it’s kinda stressful trying to get all your fat raw, almost everything is getting heated during the production process. Butter/cheese is still made from pasteurised milk for example. It’s very restrictive but makes it easier to avoid Pufa at least as your total fat intake goes way down. Wai diet is similar but the focus is more on protein. I wonder if some of the benefits people see from nuts/avocado are partly due to them being raw
I think the raw meat eaters profit from that more than anything else

清貴杉山

Avocado is an amazing souce of minerals and raw fats,stable ones with some tocopherols on it

MitchMitchell

Thanks @Ableton for redirecting me here. Well my diet is whole fruits, walnuts, a coconut milk + tropical juice + collagen 1000kcal smoothie... Throw in a few Oreos and this gets me through my days at the office. Dinner is always 100% steamed.

night and day compared to pan frying / oven cooking. I don’t even believe in PUFAs being a problem anymore, as long as they’re not heated. I think the same could be argued about cholesterol and saturated fats but I’m not suicidal and won’t try to bring it up to plant based groups

cjm

God yeah, sticking to steamed / boiled foods is such a game changer. Specially for me as my skin is very sensitive. I can see right there on the spot what’s good and what isn’t.

Glad I’m not the only one noticing it.

Who’s that Ames doc? I’ll google them but any decent material should be shared here. Appreciated!

Thanks @Ableton for redirecting me here. Well my diet is whole fruits, walnuts, a coconut milk + tropical juice + collagen 1000kcal smoothie... Throw in a few Oreos and this gets me through my days at the office. Dinner is always 100% steamed.

night and day compared to pan frying / oven cooking. I don’t even believe in PUFAs being a problem anymore, as long as they’re not heated. I think the same could be argued about cholesterol and saturated fats but I’m not suicidal and won’t try to bring it up to plant based groups

Ames, the Ames test, and the causes of cancer

Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food?

"Many types of phytochemicals are mutagenic, and some of those are carcinogenic. Bruce Ames, at the University of California, devised a method of screening for mutagens, using bacteria. One of his graduate students using the technique found that the flame retardants in children's pajamas and bedding were powerful mutagens, and were probably causing cancer. That event made Ames a celebrity, and in the 1980s he went on a lecture tour supported by the American Cancer Society. His lectures reflected the doctrine of the A.C.S., that industrial chemicals aren't responsible for cancer, but that individual actions, such as smoking or dietary choices, are the main causes of cancer. He used a fraudulently "age adjusted" graph of cancer mortality, that falsely showed that mortality from all types of cancer except lung cancer had leveled off after the A.C.S. came into existence. He described tests in which he had compared DDT to extracts of food herbs, and found DDT to be less mutagenic than several of the most commonly used flavoring herbs. His message, which was eagerly received by his audience of chemistry and biology professors, was that we should not worry about environmental pollution, because it's not as harmful as the things that we do to ourselves. He said that if everyone would eat more unsaturated vegetable oil, and didn't smoke, they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

For me, the significance of his experiment was that plants contain natural pesticides that should be taken more seriously, without taking industrial toxins less seriously."

OP
A

Ableton

For heated fats I physiologically feel bad reactions from it: I smell more. Sebum. Itchy. And down the line worse skin

Pufa I basically just avoid because of this forum. Having an avocado or some nuts does not make me feel bad at all, but it’s said to be more of a long term problem, so I‘d rather avoid them anyways lol

rei

If what you mean by frying is to have blue smoke coming off and want those burn marks on the surface you are obviously making carcinogens and bad modifications to the oil itself. I have always used oil to "boil" the food, or cook on medium/low heat maybe 110 celsius or a bit more. The surface gets lightly brown, never black. If the oil starts boiling by itself, you are going too hot. But still it "fries" the food as the temperature is way above 100 that you would achieve otherwise.

OP
A

Ableton

If what you mean by frying is to have blue smoke coming off and want those burn marks on the surface you are obviously making carcinogens and bad modifications to the oil itself. I have always used oil to "boil" the food, or cook on medium/low heat maybe 110 celsius or a bit more. The surface gets lightly brown, never black. If the oil starts boiling by itself, you are going too hot. But still it "fries" the food as the temperature is way above 100 that you would achieve otherwise.
Definitely true that the higher the temps, the worse. Whether it’s possible to healthily fry, I don’t know. I like low fat anyways, so I’m staying away from it as good as I can

OP
A

Ableton

I think pasteurization is at like 80 degree celsius. Not that warm, but maybe the heating of the fat content is what gives people problems with milk often times?

rei

more probable it's the destruction of the natural enzymes and other heat sensitive stuff. Oils won't feel a thing when heated in anaerobic situation to that temperature for a very short time. Even MUFA should be stable.

Contrary to what most people have been led to believe, you actually would want to consume all the natural bacteria that is found in the milk. Pasteurization kills them and makes their intestines dissolve into the liquid, which is not good.

OP
A

Ableton

Makes sense yes. What a lot of people do report is that eating out in restaurants is the worst though. I have worked in one as a student. They are notorious for heating fat up like crazy, and I think in almost any cuisine.
I do not believe the problem is just Pufa here, especially when you feel bad short term