I Don't Think I Can Recover, Suicidal| Mental Health Log

tara

Hi,
There are always more things you can try. Things can change.
Have you experimented with?:
Eating 4-6 meals spaced through the day.
A bit of raw food every day.
Regularly eating some vegetables, including some greens.
A little liver once or twice a week
Consider keeping a little of the B-vits in the regularly for a while, in divided doses at least 2-3 times a day. Thiamine and niacinamide you could consider trying a bit more if it suits you, but the others just a little.
Regular walks in pleasant environment or satisfying physical work (eg gardening) outside in daylight, getting sunshine on skin when available
Regular sleep.
Checking your breathing - relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic? If not this can probably be improved to good effect.
Finding ways to do a few fun/enjoyable things every day.
At least something with other people.
Check UpH a few times with pH strips 5.5 - 8.0 range. If it's much outside 6.2-6.8, there might be clues there.
Considering gut transit. If it's sluggish, this can probably be improved.

Expecting a single substance to instantly fix everything seems unlikely. But making sure to meet basic needs reliably is important.

Different things work for different people , so there's a bit of working out for yourself. Personally, I would not expect to feel well on the diet you describe, because the it would not be balanced for me, and I don't do well with dairy. If I've been eating too much dairy, just two days of leaving it out again can have me feeling much better again. And on your diet I'd be needing to add in vegetables at least.

Good luck

aussiebaldguy

chris masterjohn recommended high dose riboflavin since its implicated in unfolding thousands of proteins..and specifically for symptoms of unknown aetiology.
i found it seems to assist my mental clarity at a dose of 400mg daily. not that i have any specific issue. he has video on you tube

Collden

Since literally all your hormones and metabolites are very high you may have impaired biliary excretion. Have you ever tried adding beans or other forms of soluble fiber to your diet?

lampofred

I would also recommend trying coconut oil. When cortisol has been high for very long your brain is likely unable to properly use glucose, in that case coconut oil will offer another form of fuel (ketones) for your brain to easily metabolize. Plus the pregnenolone boosting effect will directly lower cortisol

Soren

Forum Supporter
I would definitely give red light a try if you have not already. Just be sure to not do it too much as too much red light can be a stress on the body. That goes for all the supplements you are taking. If you take a bunch of metabolism boosting and stress lowering supplements without having your nutrition down very well this will make things worse.

My own personal experience is taking too many supplements can greatly increase overall stress on the body. Until you get your nutritional and calorie requirements dialled in you will find it very difficult to recover. That doesn't just mean eating the right types of food but having adequate meal frequency and calories also.

sunraiser

I have been in a state similar to yours and it's absolutely soul asphyxiatingly awful - I'm sorry you're having to suffer it.

My first advice would be to stop taking all supplements. You've overtaxed your system with hormone usage and it's really hard to balance non-food sources of vitamins/minerals/electrolytes when your adrenals are so weak.

If possible, try a period of 2-3 weeks in which you vigilantly eat every food you crave, including PUFA, calories to satisfy hunger. If you're hungry for many calories that's a good sign - it means you're able to process them and that's the quickest way to support your adrenals. Just eat according to hunger. If you're craving sunshine and it feels good on your skin then make sure to get as much as feels good, too.

Just be kind to yourself and accept rest alongside self-care. It can and will pass - I guarantee it :)

mrchibbs

Hey man, I'm 27 too, and if I've been sick and stressed out for several years since my early 20s.
A few key environmental problems compounded over time increased my stress and after several years of running on fumes, the stress made me deathly sick.

If I'd known earlier what I know now, I would have been fine. That being said, I've recovered greatly from an all time low health/moral wise last year.

At the core it becomes so obvious what we do wrong, i.e. spending years not getting enough sun, calcium, protein and slowly degrading tissues and health.

Don't beat yourself up too hard, at some point when we're really sick anxiety and other psychological symptoms are going to be part of it.

Ray has said many times that correcting the simple fundamental things, like thyroid, and vitamin D and calcium will, after several weeks/months, greatly alleviate pain and suffering.
To echo the comments of others, make sure to eat frequent snacks/meals, keep your blood sugar elevated, take enough thyroid to maintain the optimal temperature, and get lots of sun. Drink good low-fat milk if you can get it and lots of freshly squeezed OJ from good oranges. Of course these steps seem basic and have been rehashed to death on this forum, but it's crazy how often we don't do the simple things despite knowing what they are.

It can be difficult to get sunshine daily, and good milk and sweet oranges, but they would greatly help all the feedback effects which may be compounding your problems i.e. elevated serotonin, prolactin, cortisol etc.

Someone mentioned avoiding supplements and that can be crucial, as irritation in the intestine is known to influence mood and psychological problems. Put the supplements on your skin as topicals, but avoid gluten, and grains in general, along with other excipients for a while to let your intestine heal a little.

mrchibbs

I would also recommend trying coconut oil. When cortisol has been high for very long your brain is likely unable to properly use glucose, in that case coconut oil will offer another form of fuel (ketones) for your brain to easily metabolize. Plus the pregnenolone boosting effect will directly lower cortisol

That's an interesting point. I've read that coconut oil does not accumulate in the tissues because the medium chain fatty acids are burned instantly, but I don't know where I read that, I'd love to find good references on the topic.

Cirion

That's an interesting point. I've read that coconut oil does not accumulate in the tissues because the medium chain fatty acids are burned instantly, but I don't know where I read that, I'd love to find good references on the topic.

Maybe this explains how when Ray added 2 tbsp of coconut oil to his diet that he lost 10 lbs despite changing nothing else?

D

danishispsychic

Fasting, enemas, detox, Master Cleanse, fasting , enemas, detox, TANNING BED , .......get rid of all supplements and detox for heavens sake

postman

It was Stablon, orally. even big doses had no effect, think it made me dizzy though.
The stimulating effect is immediate but the neuroprotective anti-stress effect takes time to build up. I would take it 12.5 mg 3 times per day, for at least 3 weeks before I'd give up on it.

Last edited:
OP
SuperStressed

SuperStressed

I have been in a state similar to yours and it's absolutely soul asphyxiatingly awful - I'm sorry you're having to suffer it.

My first advice would be to stop taking all supplements. You've overtaxed your system with hormone usage and it's really hard to balance non-food sources of vitamins/minerals/electrolytes when your adrenals are so weak.

If possible, try a period of 2-3 weeks in which you vigilantly eat every food you crave, including PUFA, calories to satisfy hunger. If you're hungry for many calories that's a good sign - it means you're able to process them and that's the quickest way to support your adrenals. Just eat according to hunger. If you're craving sunshine and it feels good on your skin then make sure to get as much as feels good, too.

Just be kind to yourself and accept rest alongside self-care. It can and will pass - I guarantee it :)

eating purely based on cravings is my fall back when things get extremely intense - with no limits at all. What sometimes happens when I do that for weeks is my stress goes down a level. I think its partly because theres nothing to think about and analysis to trigger stress, anxiety and OCD. Im simply eating what I want and thats it and I get consistantly high calories. The trouble is that the lower stress level is still really bad and once I get to that slightly better place I get tempted to make other changed which just stresses me out and the pattern restarts. Im not going to get better eating Pastries though am I lol? the stuff I crave isnt nutritious so I do need to put some thought into things im eating, but the thought of this is so stressful. ******* nightmare.

postman

eating purely based on cravings is my fall back when things get extremely intense - with no limits at all. What sometimes happens when I do that for weeks is my stress goes down a level. I think its partly because theres nothing to think about and analysis to trigger stress, anxiety and OCD. Im simply eating what I want and thats it and I get consistantly high calories. The trouble is that the lower stress level is still really bad and once I get to that slightly better place I get tempted to make other changed which just stresses me out and the pattern restarts. Im not going to get better eating Pastries though am I lol? the stuff I crave isnt nutritious so I do need to put some thought into things im eating, but the thought of this is so stressful. ******* nightmare.
I think pastries are good if they're not baked with vegetable oils. In my experience the combination of starch + sugar is more anti-stress than either of those by themselves.

Cirion

In my experience the combination of starch + sugar is more anti-stress than either of those by themselves.

I have validated this myself through data gathering and plots vs. temp and pulse and bodyweight. This is truth here as such. I don't do well on pure starch, nor do I do well on pure sugar, I do well with a little more sugar than starch, but it ends up that in the long run its something like 33% fructose 67% glucose so at least 50% sugar and maybe the rest starch (50% of carb intake I mean).

Cirion

Im not going to get better eating Pastries though am I lol? the stuff I crave isnt nutritious so I do need to put some thought into things im eating, but the thought of this is so stressful. ******* nightmare.

Your body is probably just craving calories in general. If you're in a caloric deficit, any food is better than no food in general. Typically speaking, "junk" foods are the most caloric dense foods you can get, so this would be why you are craving them... probably.

OP
SuperStressed

SuperStressed

Im not ignoring the other replies, just in a particularly rough spot right now and cant handle much more info . Ive been trying Niacin and im going to work my way up to hoffer doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals