I don’t care about mom and pop and small businesses, I think Walmart and amazon should put them out of business.

OP
J

jnklheimer

those types of small businesses are not competitive, they cant compete on price with big companies with billions available to spend to buy things in bulk, any small business would need to differentiate itself somehow. some places may just be like convenience stores, theyll have other products available at much higher prices since people may pay the extra few dollars for toilet paper or some item since they dont want to take another trip for it
They should go under. I'm tired of spending extra money for the same or worse products and services. I guarantee if I go and ask them to bake me bread with olive oil instead of canola or soy they'll give me some sort of exasperated attitude of confusion. If I find a decent shop I'll rejoice. If they can't differentiate on products and services and do something noticeably better they don't serve a function for the customer.

i actually agree . the only kind of small business these say should be a start up with a built in plan to sell - to a biggie. most mom and pops are vanity projects where people are just buying themselves a job and will eventually go under. total waste of time in this economy and wait till the robots take over !

InChristAlone

Your examples suck. The local hardware store everyone knows is going to be overpriced because they don't sell the volume of goods. More volume lower prices. But when it comes to a local grocery store this idea that the prices have to be matched to Walmart is asinine. My local grocery store is employee owned and a way better company to work for. I will pay extra to shop there vs Walmart that always has something I needed out of stock.
Edited to add: and the mask thing seems to only apply to liberal states. The conservative ones are not enforcing COVID rules. It's the not the small businesses it's the liberal minded people who were brainwashed that the pandemic was a real threat. But that was the goal anyway as I stated.

Also, the idea that every small business needs to sell out is asinine as well. Every good thing made by a smaller company that sells out to the larger corporation has ruined the product they sell. For instance a mattress we really liked made by a smaller start up company sold out to serta. We didn't know it before we bought a couple more of them. The quality was cut in HALF for the same price. Asinine.

Last edited:
OP
J

jnklheimer

i actually agree . the only kind of small business these say should be a start up with a built in plan to sell - to a biggie. most mom and pops are vanity projects where people are just buying themselves a job and will eventually go under. total waste of time in this economy and wait till the robots take over !
Absolutely. Maybe in Europe it’s different and the majority of shops take pride in their foods and other services but in Canada here it’s just the same quality food. No difference between them.
Your examples suck. The local hardware store everyone knows is going to be overpriced because they don't sell the volume of goods. More volume lower prices. But when it comes to a local grocery store this idea that the prices have to be matched to Walmart is asinine. My local grocery store is employee owned and a way better company to work for. I will pay extra to shop there vs Walmart that always has something I needed out of stock.
Edited to add: and the mask thing seems to only apply to liberal states. The conservative ones are not enforcing COVID rules. It's the not the small businesses it's the liberal minded people who were brainwashed that the pandemic was a real threat. But that was the goal anyway as I stated.

Also, the idea that every small business needs to sell out is asinine as well. Every good thing made by a smaller company that sells out to the larger corporation has ruined the product they sell. For instance a mattress we really liked made by a smaller start up company sold out to serta. We didn't know it before we bought a couple more of them. The quality was cut in HALF for the same price. Asinine.
you seem to have missed the point of my post, which I legibly and clearly explained multiple times now as others don’t understand the basic concept either. Your projections of calling my position “asinine” are even funnier today as I just instituted a chargeback on my credit card to a small business who fulfilled 1/10th of my order due to a mistake they made and who are refusing to honour the listed price I paid for the number of items I bought. I let them know that I think they should go under too.

And btw— the local small business that sells higher quality produce here got bought out by another globohomo company. I know we are supposed to be polite to each other here but please do your best to not be so stupid next time you reply to me, and try to turn the projections down a little. It’s a little frustrating to explain a position and then have people like you gloss over the main points justifying the position by inserting their own situation and experience in the commentary and trying to devalue my value judgement based off these imaginary made up conditions that don’t exist for me.

B

Braveheart

Who cares about your assinine shopping experiences!?...go shop where you want and learn from it...what a stupid waste of time this thread....I'm embarrassed to find myself commenting on it....

lampofred

Who cares about your assinine shopping experiences!?...go shop where you want and learn from it...what a stupid waste of time this thread....I'm embarrassed to find myself commenting on it....

I tried to comment with what I thought was a reasonable explanation for OP's post but after reading his later posts I have to say he has a really exaggerated sense of self-importance. If he doesn't like those stores then he shouldn't shop there. That's all there is to it.

OP
J

jnklheimer

just because you read the word "asinine" being used already, doesn't mean you have to mimic it (poorly) to express your own boomer indignations at my honest and true truths. It felt good telling that small business owner this morning how terrible their service is, I hope the credit card merchant raises their rates or even kicks them off their platform when my chargeback goes through.

OP
J

jnklheimer

I tried to comment with what I thought was a reasonable explanation for OP's post but after reading his later posts I have to say he has a really exaggerated sense of self-importance. If he doesn't like those stores then he shouldn't shop there. That's all there is to it.
Not only that, but I make it a point to take their business from them now. The butcher shop who had me wait outside is going to be miffed to find out I bought up their grassfed meat's supplier remaining allocations for the year and will be selling their product door to door and through a web portal I am designing, for 10% lower prices than they can offer. They shouldn't have let the Karen female employee have me stand outside. This is what they get.

I'm feeling utterly based lately, dabbing on these bizlets. I really appreciate Jeff Bezos, watching his interviews I can see his motivations. He can't stand incompetence.

And some of you may project to think I hate small businesses. That would be a fault of your reading comprehension. In fact, I adore small businesses when they do business well and treat their customers with respect. Being accommodating for refunds, providing a good product at a good price (not just selling the same stuff the big box stores sell, but offering boutique items), being courteous and nice, listening to my requests for custom orders. Those are all reasons I support small businesses. The whole point of this thread was to say that small businesses that don't do that, and enforce the same corporate big box mandates like mask wearing and those stupid markers on the floor to keep distance, that there's no point supporting them over walmart. It's amazing to me so many of you can't comprehend that basic aspect of why I wrote this post, now that I've explained it multiple times.

Attachments

• jeffy.jpeg
    jeffy.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 8

mariantos

Not only that, but I make it a point to take their business from them now. The butcher shop who had me wait outside is going to be miffed to find out I bought up their grassfed meat's supplier remaining allocations for the year and will be selling their product door to door and through a web portal I am designing, for 10% lower prices than they can offer. They shouldn't have let the Karen female employee have me stand outside. This is what they get.

I'm feeling utterly based lately, dabbing on these bizlets. I really appreciate Jeff Bezos, watching his interviews I can see his motivations. He can't stand incompetence.

And some of you may project to think I hate small businesses. That would be a fault of your reading comprehension. In fact, I adore small businesses when they do business well and treat their customers with respect. Being accommodating for refunds, providing a good product at a good price (not just selling the same stuff the big box stores sell, but offering boutique items), being courteous and nice, listening to my requests for custom orders. Those are all reasons I support small businesses. The whole point of this thread was to say that small businesses that don't do that, and enforce the same corporate big box mandates like mask wearing and those stupid markers on the floor to keep distance, that there's no point supporting them over walmart. It's amazing to me so many of you can't comprehend that basic aspect of why I wrote this post, now that I've explained it multiple times.

Stay calm brother, don't disturb your peace of mind with minor things.

InChristAlone

I see clearly now. Entitlement.

OP
J

jnklheimer

I see clearly now. Entitlement.
im entitled to spend the money i earned wherever i want. im also entitled to call out bad business practices. like I said, I'm currently in a dispute with a mom and pop seller who sent me 1/36th (i said 1/10th earlier but its actually worse) of the order I paid for. They are refusing to honor the deal because they claim they made an error with the listing (actually, they said it was a "glitch" which is obviously BS--it's their own error inputting a wrong listing), and instead of offering a mutually beneficial solution (kind of like how I would have been willing to pay $50 more but not $150-200 more for the tool from mom and pop), they decided to wave their hands and say they cant help me. The credit card chargeback they are about to receive and the ensuing repercussions to their relationship with the processor and the marketplace merchant might wake them up to how customer service is done, or they'll go out of business.

Here's Jeff showing clearly why he succeeds and mom and pops dont:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GltlJO56S1g

oh but his parents gave him $300k to start a business oh wowwwwww so unfair. $300k isnt even that much money and secondly he is ENTITLED to use the wealth he has access to, to succeed. The more money I make, the more I realize why poors stay poor. All of the reasons I stayed poor previously were of my own doing and conscious choices. Just because Ray is a communist/leftist sympathizer, doesn't mean he is right. Neoliberalism isn't right either, there's good and bad of both sides of the position but I am ENTITLED to pick and choose what suits me. Try and stop me.

Wait until I tell you about how I'm starting my own grass fed meat business inspired by the time the female wage worker at the butcher shop had the nerve to have me wait outside because I wouldn't put on a mask. I went directly to the rancher and am offering them a better deal for their product, buying up the supply that would have gone to the family owned butcher store. When I put the butcher out of business, 6-8 people will be out of work and myself and maybe 2-3 employees will be able to do the job they were doing, with better prices and better service. I am ENTITLED to do this. The shop should have thought twice before enforcing globohomo rules for me. I would never dare ask a customer to wait outside in the weather because they dont want to wear a face diaper, but the butcher shop employees saw nothing wrong with it, and that's why I think it is a noble quest for me to do their job better and eventually lead to their loss of profits and eventual closing.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals