I Cook Alot Using Pressure Cookers - Does It Leech Metals Into My Food?

DMF

Just about everyday from rice to beans, vegetables and even coffees & teas because of the intense pressure/heat makes for faster turnaround time,
but,
because my pots get no rest and they're getting on in years, must be giving me more than food.
My last blood count didn't reveal anything so do I need to request a special blood test to see?

AlaskaJono

Definitely look for and buy a stainless steel pressure cooker. I have one from 30 years ago, and it is still good, with an extra pressure seal. I saw one recently in an op shop, St. Vincent De Paul's, and it was steel. A friend who was with us bought it. 6$. But that was an amazing find. Yours is aluminium? Which, yes, you should change. Some tiny amount will leach into the food. Tiny, but it can add up.

Logan-

I have been using stainless steel pressure cookers for years, and I use them a lot; from making bone broth to cooking all kinds of meat and vegetables. I don’t worry about it. Ray recommends steel without nickel (magnetic ones) but they are very hard to find. Maybe in antique stores one can find a pressure cooker like that.

OP
D

DMF

Definitely look for and buy a stainless steel pressure cooker. I have one from 30 years ago, and it is still good, with an extra pressure seal. I saw one recently in an op shop, St. Vincent De Paul's, and it was steel. A friend who was with us bought it. 6$. But that was an amazing find. Yours is aluminium? Which, yes, you should change. Some tiny amount will leach into the food. Tiny, but it can add up.
Mine are Presto stainless steal. They're shiny while their aluminum versions are dull surfaced.
Perhaps I need to go directly to Presto for the info I need.
Thanks

OP
D

DMF

I have been using stainless steel pressure cookers for years, and I use them a lot; from making bone broth to cooking all kinds of meat and vegetables. I don’t worry about it. Ray recommends steel without nickel (magnetic ones) but they are very hard to find. Maybe in antique stores one can find a pressure cooker like that.
Yes, my bigger one I use for bone gelatin, and hard black beans.

AlaskaJono

Yes, my bigger one I use for bone gelatin, and hard black beans.
Sounds like you are set for life! Sweet .... a few threads on the forum about other cooking pans/pots. Glass is the most clean. But pressure cooker uses less energy. Good deal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals