I asked Ray about Noopept. It enhances cognitive function and reduces learned helplessness

Noopept (n-phenylacetyl-l-prolylglycine ethyl ester or GVS-111) is an ampakine nootropic similar in action to the racetam-class of compounds. Noopept is up to 1000-times more potent than the original racetam, Piracetam.

Noopept is known for boosting cognition, memory, focus, motivation, learning, perception, logical thinking and mood.

Noopept reduces “learned helplessness” – a form of behavior closely related to anxiety, depression, and high serotonin.

Noopept administration led to the normalization of GABA, glycine, and aspartate levels and an increase in dopamine levels.

• Brain Optimization: Noopept increases Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF). Critical for neuroplasticity and Long-Term Potentiation. Brain health gets a boost along with long-term memory.
  • Neuroprotection: Noopept prevents the release of excess glutamate in your brain. Glutamate is the brain’s primary excitatory neurotransmitter. When there’s a lack of oxygen in the brain, neurons can’t receive glutamate. This leads to toxic levels of glutamate within brain cells. And can result in neuron damage and death. Diminishing this neurotoxic overload with Noopept is potent neuroprotection.
  • Brain Waves: Noopept boosts Alpha and Beta brain wave activity. You become calmer and more creative. It’s easier to go into a flow state. And you are prone to making innovative and resourceful decisions.
Here are Ray's thoughts on Noopept:

"It seems generally very safe. The effect on HIF suggests that it shouldn’t be used continuously."

1628963935559.png

Last edited:

Mauritio

Noopept (n-phenylacetyl-l-prolylglycine ethyl ester or GVS-111) is an ampakine nootropic similar in action to the racetam-class of compounds. Noopept is up to 1000-times more potent than the original racetam, Piracetam.

Noopept is known for boosting cognition, memory, focus, motivation, learning, perception, logical thinking and mood.

Noopept reduces “learned helplessness” – a form of behavior closely related to anxiety, depression, and high serotonin.

Noopept administration led to the normalization of GABA, glycine, and aspartate levels and an increase in dopamine levels.

• Brain Optimization: Noopept increases Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF). Critical for neuroplasticity and Long-Term Potentiation. Brain health gets a boost along with long-term memory.
  • Neuroprotection: Noopept prevents the release of excess glutamate in your brain. Glutamate is the brain’s primary excitatory neurotransmitter. When there’s a lack of oxygen in the brain, neurons can’t receive glutamate. This leads to toxic levels of glutamate within brain cells. And can result in neuron damage and death. Diminishing this neurotoxic overload with Noopept is potent neuroprotection.
  • Brain Waves: Noopept boosts Alpha and Beta brain wave activity. You become calmer and more creative. It’s easier to go into a flow state. And you are prone to making innovative and resourceful decisions.
Here are Ray's thoughts on Noopept:

"It seems generally very safe. The effect on HIF suggests that it shouldn’t be used continuously."

View attachment 26656

Can anyone on here share their experience with Noopept?
I tried it only once or twice . And i did get some motivation from it ,but overall im getting the same effects and more from phenylpiracetam, piracetam or oxiracetam.
I'm currently taking none of those and I'm not sure if I'd take them long term . After I stopped phenylpiracetam my brain felt kind of numb.

OP
RenaissanceMan

I tried it only once or twice . And i did get some motivation from it ,but overall im getting the same effects and more from phenylpiracetam, piracetam or oxiracetam.
I'm currently taking none of those and I'm not sure if I'd take them long term . After I stopped phenylpiracetam my brain felt kind of numb.
Interesting, I'm not quite familiar with HIF and what it means, but does the study imply that Noopept could eventually cause hypoxia?

Mauritio

Interesting, I'm not quite familiar with HIF and what it means, but does the study imply that Noopept could eventually cause hypoxia?
It increases a factor which is increased when theres is hypoxia in the cell . So yes , at least it strongly suggests it.

success23

The "unique" thing about noopept is that it increases BDNF quite a lot with the first dose..no need to wait for months to see the result..

OP
RenaissanceMan
The "unique" thing about noopept is that it increases BDNF quite a lot with the first dose..no need to wait for months to see the result..
Another unique thing about it is the amount of anecdotes I've seen on Reddit and other forums of people suddenly breaking free from learned helplessness just as the rodent studies demonstrated

One quote, for example:

"I feel that within this one week, I already have a different view on how I want to live my life. Take that as you may, but I am no longer content with the way I was living my life, and I do accredit that very much so to my new perspectives and perceptions that I achieved by using Noopept. It may not have the same effect on everyone, but I'm going to agree with the reports that Noopept's claims to raise NGF and BDNF levels in the brain do in fact give you a mental advantage. I no longer view myself as set in my ways, and have a healthy breath of wanting to improve myself. I used to be an avid marijuana smoker, daily use, to cope with the stresses of everyday life. I now no longer desire smoking, where before I would stress out if I was running low on it. This already saves me money :) and most likely adds to the cognitive gains and clarity as well."

DB_2014

I tried NooPept several years back. It felt like a dulled down version of adderall to me. Very robotic feeling, no euphoria. I didn’t like it.

Jon2547

I'm now curious about it myself.
I went thru a time several years ago where I tried several different nootropics. Aniracetam was powerful but made me see things way too clearly and left me with extreme anhedonia.
Does noopept require a choline source to be taken along with it? Too much choline can make me depressed.

OP
RenaissanceMan
I'm now curious about it myself.
I went thru a time several years ago where I tried several different nootropics. Aniracetam was powerful but made me see things way too clearly and left me with extreme anhedonia.
Does noopept require a choline source to be taken along with it? Too much choline can make me depressed.
If you eat eggs you'll be good. I don't like supplementing choline either.
Would be interesting to try. Any reputable sources?
Nootropics Depot.
I tried NooPept several years back. It felt like a dulled down version of adderall to me. Very robotic feeling, no euphoria. I didn’t like it.
Maybe the place you bought it from wasn't selling high-quality Noopept. Also if you take it orally I recommend taking it alongside MCT oil for better absorption.

Makrosky

If you eat eggs you'll be good. I don't like supplementing choline either.

Nootropics Depot.

Maybe the place you bought it from wasn't selling high-quality Noopept. Also if you take it orally I recommend taking it alongside MCT oil for better absorption.
Thanks man.

OP
RenaissanceMan
"In rats with signs of learned helplessness long-term treatment (for 21-day) with Noopept in doses of 0.1, 0.5, and 1 mg/kg increased the number of trained animals, restored exploration activity, eliminated visual signs of neurotization, and normalized body weight and fur status. Noopept was most effective in a dose of 0.5 mg/kg: no signs of learned helplessness were detected after training with 100% reinforcement..."

"Hence, the results of 21-day treatment of rats with signs of learned helplessness with Noopept suggest that this drug not only prevented, but also eliminated the manifestations of learned helplessness."

This is remarkable since 64.7% and 45.5% of the control groups had signs of learned helplessness, the former pertaining to 25% reinforcement and the latter to 100% reinforcement.

1629229391713.png

Studies of long-term noopept and afobazol treatment in rats with learned helplessness neurosis

X3CyO

Tried it years ago. Used a very small amount; Can't remember the dosage. Made me angry over small things I normally wouldn't. Didn't notice any positive effects.

OP
RenaissanceMan
Tried it years ago. Used a very small amount; Can't remember the dosage. Made me angry over small things I normally wouldn't. Didn't notice any positive effects.
Vendor? Also how many days were you taking it? Based on a couple of studies, it seems to not start working until you're a few days in. One even showed a relative decrease in BDNF at the initial dose but an increase to the baseline after a few weeks.

"Acute administration of noopept slightly decreased neurotrophin factor (BDNF and NGF) expression in the cortex while increasing it in the hippocampus. Chronic (28-day) administration slightly increased BDNF in the cortex and increased both BDFN and NGF in the hippocampus."

Last edited:

Mauritio

Y'all shouldn't get too excited over noopept . Or at least order some piracetam with it, it will do you better .

X3CyO

Vendor? Also how many days were you taking it? Based on a couple of studies, it seems to not start working until you're a few days in. One even showed a relative decrease in BDNF at the initial dose but an increase to the baseline after a few weeks.

"Acute administration of noopept slightly decreased neurotrophin factor (BDNF and NGF) expression in the cortex while increasing it in the hippocampus. Chronic (28-day) administration slightly increased BDNF in the cortex and increased both BDFN and NGF in the hippocampus."
Powder city in 2014. I wouldve used it longer if it didnt cause the anger issues. Didn't take anything alongside it.

Took it twice, multiple days apart and then stored it permanently.

Mauritio

Noopept is way more potent than piracetam, though.
Not really ... piracetam has one of the strongest anti-stress effects I've ever felt ,made me sleep like a bear .
If you want something more stimulating try phenylpiracetam . I've used it for 3 weeks daily and its definitely stronger.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals