I asked peat if he believed in luck, heres his response

Hermes

Thanks man, i still have work to do in life, but im proud of the studying ive done and the risks ive taken. Chances make champions! Id say my biggest step in healing was letting go of other peoples opinions, especially my moms lol. Lots of people will try to talk fear into your thoughts and ideas, just gotta keep it moving.
The upbeat attitude of yours is in those lines are exciting. It's a good point, mothers who have specific expectations of their sons. Not sure, if I could articulate them but they're more the implicit call to the son: Do in your life what I couldn't do. I was the first born and kind of studious as a kid, went on to grammar school and uni later. Which no one has done in the family before. But today I feel so much self doubt about my path and ability to perform in a thinking job. Sometimes I think back and wish I had chosen the path of my siblings, do an apprentice and work more manual labour. Yeah, don't really know where this is coming from, this insecurity. There is also this idea of being smart, as if that makes me more worthwhile. And then the self-doubt. Am I really smart? Who cares. Anyway, I can't go back in time and only can change things falling forward one step at a time. Fearful thoughts aren't going to be helpful and only reflect limiting beliefs. I hope there is something for me in stores too which I'm going to be genuinely proud of. I hope this doesn't like I'm wallowing in self pity. Ok, maybe it does.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

The upbeat attitude of yours is in those lines are exciting. It's a good point, mothers who have specific expectations of their sons. Not sure, if I could articulate them but they're more the implicit call to the son: Do in your life what I couldn't do. I was the first born and kind of studious as a kid, went on to grammar school and uni later. Which no one has done in the family before. But today I feel so much self doubt about my path and ability to perform in a thinking job. Sometimes I think back and wish I had chosen the path of my siblings, do an apprentice and work more manual labour. Yeah, don't really know where this is coming from, this insecurity. There is also this idea of being smart, as if that makes me more worthwhile. And then the self-doubt. Am I really smart? Who cares. Anyway, I can't go back in time and only can change things falling forward one step at a time. Fearful thoughts aren't going to be helpful and only reflect limiting beliefs. I hope there is something for me in stores too which I'm going to be genuinely proud of. I hope this doesn't like I'm wallowing in self pity. Ok, maybe it does.
The situation doesnt seem so bad, you show some self orienting awareness, like seeing an issue and knowing where to start, and youre really nice and positive toward me, the compliments are flattering lol. I think i had boundary issues with my mom, feeling bad for her situation which led to me appeasing her and believing her fearful thoughts. Then when i was 19 i decided to move to southern california and try and make it in venice/santa monica. I got a job at a place called Nancys juice bar and my boss gave me a place to stay. Then in middle of the night someone came into the house and stole all of my items, including all of my money, ID etc. They didnt break in so i assume they had a key, and when my boss offered to let me work in exchange for her buying me new ID and other things, i came to the assumption that she sent one of her old workers, Estelle Warren (who went on to become a famous actress after working for nancy, and then a pregnant meth addict when i was there) to steal from me so i could be basically enslaved to this stupid juice job. So instead of working for nothing, i quit, and had no money or ID, and was homeless. The first night i was homeless i tried finding a friend who lived in LA and although he wasnt answering, i went to his address which i had, and the landlord which i guess also lived there said that my friend went into rehab, but that i could stay there until i got on my feet. The first night i stayed there the landlord offered me a drink and then i blacked out, and i woke up in a bed in a weird room in a shed in the backyard, naked, and realized id been raped. I quickly went thru everything in the shed looking for money or weapons, and found a bunch of wallets. Althought there was a bunch of money in them, and i took it, there were also different girls ID's in each one and i freaked out and left. From there i wandered back to venice beach and felt insane. I had nothing in my name, and i had just been raped. So i made friends with two ex vets who were sitting on a hill, and they offered me acid. That led into a whole summer filled with taking acid with these 2 guys and living on the meth head filled boardwalk(i never did meth or anything like that). It sounds kind of cringey, but it was one of the happiest summers of my life. No school, no job, no demands at all. I felt free, and on top of that, tripping balls and watching the giant waves crash all day on the beach was amazing. I guess moral of the story is, i was on the exact same path as you, gotta be successful, gotta go to school, gotta get a job, gotta do stuff that others will approve of. But once i realized that with literally absolutely nothing i could be as happy as can be, i lost all fears of being broke and homeless, and never felt fear again when it came to taking financial risks, or risking not having enough money. Im not rich, but im happy making about 35k without any boss or rigid structure. Its very scary in our minds, but letting go of everything is worth it. To quote terrence mckenna "Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”

gaze

The situation doesnt seem so bad, you show some self orienting awareness, like seeing an issue and knowing where to start, and youre really nice and positive toward me, the compliments are flattering lol. I think i had boundary issues with my mom, feeling bad for her situation which led to me appeasing her and believing her fearful thoughts. Then when i was 19 i decided to move to southern california and try and make it in venice/santa monica. I got a job at a place called Nancys juice bar and my boss gave me a place to stay. Then in middle of the night someone came into the house and stole all of my items, including all of my money, ID etc. They didnt break in so i assume they had a key, and when my boss offered to let me work in exchange for her buying me new ID and other things, i came to the assumption that she sent one of her old workers, Estelle Warren (who went on to become a famous actress after working for nancy, and then a pregnant meth addict when i was there) to steal from me so i could be basically enslaved to this stupid juice job. So instead of working for nothing, i quit, and had no money or ID, and was homeless. The first night i was homeless i tried finding a friend who lived in LA and although he wasnt answering, i went to his address which i had, and the landlord which i guess also lived there said that my friend went into rehab, but that i could stay there until i got on my feet. The first night i stayed there the landlord offered me a drink and then i blacked out, and i woke up in a bed in a weird room in a shed in the backyard, naked, and realized id been raped. I quickly went thru everything in the shed looking for money or weapons, and found a bunch of wallets. Althought there was a bunch of money in them, and i took it, there were also different girls ID's in each one and i freaked out and left. From there i wandered back to venice beach and felt insane. I had nothing in my name, and i had just been raped. So i made friends with two ex vets who were sitting on a hill, and they offered me acid. That led into a whole summer filled with taking acid with these 2 guys and living on the meth head filled boardwalk(i never did meth or anything like that). It sounds kind of cringey, but it was one of the happiest summers of my life. No school, no job, no demands at all. I felt free, and on top of that, tripping balls and watching the giant waves crash all day on the beach was amazing. I guess moral of the story is, i was on the exact same path as you, gotta be successful, gotta go to school, gotta get a job, gotta do stuff that others will approve of. But once i realized that with literally absolutely nothing i could be as happy as can be, i lost all fears of being broke and homeless, and never felt fear again when it came to taking financial risks, or risking not having enough money. Im not rich, but im happy making about 35k without any boss or rigid structure. Its very scary in our minds, but letting go of everything is worth it. To quote terrence mckenna "Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”
what a story....

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

what a story....
Yeah man, i had tons of insane experiences that summer that i figured was just too much to type, and then the cherry on top, was that at the end of the summer when i decided to move back to my moms house in michigan, the week i got back my house had an electrical fire, only in my room, and i lost all of my belongings and was homeless, once again ?

Peater

Wow. Well done for getting back on your feet, that would have finished most people.

Agree with the opening posts in this thread - trust Peat to take a question like that and run with it! Great question too.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Wow. Well done for getting back on your feet, that would have finished most people.

Agree with the opening posts in this thread - trust Peat to take a question like that and run with it! Great question too.
Your question, and the whole thread was an interesting read.
Warrior human.
Yall are too kind, i actually have a lot of really interesting questions i ask peat that arent about nutrition ill start uploading them since im getting such good feedback on these

Lana

Itd be a shame if someone died without experiencing a state similiar to tripping balls on LSD. As terrence mckenna says its kind of like missing out on a sexual experience. Ive given away a lot of acid for this reason, its like spreading the good word haha
Can I have some ???

cupofcoffee

This is my favourite thread ever!

For me, coffee always makes me feel as the universe shifts from hating me to actually giving a sh*t about me. Not sure if luck is increased but lower serotonin helps me actually appreciate the good things that happen! like it goes from "oh nice" to "i am thankful for X thing happening to me"

Last edited:
OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

This is my favourite thread ever!

For me, coffee always makes me feel as the universe shifts from hating me to actually giving a sh*t about me. Not sure if luck is increased but lower serotonin helps me actually appreciate the good things that happen! like it goes from "oh nice" to "i am thankful for X thing happening to me"
sounds pretty lucky to me!

JamesGatz

If luck is real then I have the WORST luck in the world

For every 1 nice thing that happens to me 50 HORRIBLE things happen to me it's crazy really

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

If luck is real then I have the WORST luck in the world

For every 1 nice thing that happens to me 50 HORRIBLE things happen to me it's crazy really
i think you should expiriment with psychedelics or androgens

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals