I Asked Peat About His Legacy

dude. your anecdote was complete and utter garbage. our argument started by me saying ugly guys get less, hot guys more chances. you said, it's not true and give us a ******* anecdote of a 29 year old virgin. are you ******* serious?
I never said that. Obviously no point talking to you since you won't challenge the first assumption you make which is based on f*ck all. The point I was making was very simple, can't believe it keeps slipping through your brain.
keep coping with your trash poems man. no one gives a ***t about average writers and soyboys complaining about "rude" people online. enhance the debate or shut the **** up.
I wouldn't call this freak show a debate. No one gives a crap about your average dull internet memes you keep seeing the world through.

Sefton10

It's seen as a coping forum. It is acknowledged that the diet/thyroid approach is good/can be good/is interesting. But this place here is seen as coping hard because it doesn't ackknowledge that you can hardly have everything in life. There are threads here popping up about progesterone regrowing lost hands. Progesterone has benefits, so it also must be androgenic! That is, if you take some steroids with it. You have a whole subforum here discussing in ten thousands of posts that androgens do not cause hair loss. People here are afraid to eat some broccoli because veggies bad. People here will force milk in themselves despite not tolerating it. People here want to hack every little problem they have with another supplement while literally any healthy and normal person I know IRL does not give 2 shits.
It's obvious this place is full of neurosis and I'll freely admit this place caused neurosis in myself as well before my health improved by following my instincts and I started seeing through more ***t, including my own coping attempts in engaging with the content here. I got nice takeaways from Ray Peat: do not undereat, have some sugar, avoid pufa. But that's about as much as you need to know. 99% of your dietary and lifestyle approach should be based on self observation in a dogmatic vacuum and instincts, not threads popping up here.
I'm not going to doxx myself but I'm not english.
Good reality check for me this. I think it was Alan Watts that said when you get the message hang up the phone. Most of us in the online nutrition space just keep on digging, looking for more to do, more to add, more people to follow, and just end up going in circles. Simplicity on the other side of complexity should be the aim. Pruning and removing. More trust in our own experience and observation over following dogmatic protocols.

I agree with you about the forum to an extent, its understandable because people are sick
Exactly. Why kick someone who's already down? I don't sympathize with ruthless nihilistic trolling. Of course this forum can be a little goofy but we are all a little goofy. But then again, for some people being a nihilistic troll is all their traumatized self is able to do, I guess they find some sort of freedom in that. If that helps someone survive another day then so be it.

Ableton

I don't know if that's necessarily true. I was talking with a really hot woman friend and she genuinely didn't seem to care that much about looks, she said that everybody still needs to be loved. And a kind dude who's not the best looking can really appreciate a woman and give her a sense of being worshipped while having sexy time, which can be really important to a woman, whereas a hot guy may be too full of himself.

you never said that? thank you for informing reality by bringing dull internet memes you never heard of up, b****

No one gives a crap about your average dull internet memes you keep seeing the world through.

a lot of people do with with some even explicitly stating it. you are replying to me, soyboy, so I suppose you care as well? go back to writing trash poems and presenting them on an meme forum

Exactly. Why kick someone who's already down? I don't sympathize with ruthless nihilistic trolling. Of course this forum can be a little goofy but we are all a little goofy. But then again, for some people being a nihilistic troll is all their traumatized self is able to do, I guess they find some sort of freedom in that. If that helps someone survive another day then so be it.

because they need a reality check to how they perceive the world and their health. which I am trying my best in providing, b****, with some posters here agreeing that its good that I am bringing it up. whether you agree with my points or not, what ******* points have you brought up that could even potentially help anyone here?
thats right, NONE, because all you do is trying to defend your cucked bluepilled worldview that everyone already has by default by virtue of our cultural environment. you are not helping anyone here, you are coping.

Ableton

Good reality check for me this. I think it was Alan Watts that said when you get the message hang up the phone. Most of us in the online nutrition space just keep on digging, looking for more to do, more to add, more people to follow, and just end up going in circles. Simplicity on the other side of complexity should be the aim. Pruning and removing. More trust in our own experience and observation over following dogmatic protocols.
the brutal takeaway of this is that people only start caring about this message once they realize they are seen as jokes by others, not because they are able to intellectually grasp the problem or because they are critically engaging with themselves.

you never said that?
I never said ugly guys get less changes. Keep seeing me as the straw man you created. My main point in this whole conversation was how we make grand assumptions based on very little aka how insanely dogmatic we are, how we put ourselves in a narrow box based on our very limited perspective of past events. I don't care to spell out my point more then this, read between the lines. The anecdote wasn't the best, forget it, it was late and I was tired. I didn't think you'd become so obsessed with it.

I'm just saying dare to dream and think outside the box instead of turning hopeless etc. I'd rather be a happy fool then a grim follower in limiting shackles.
David and Goliath sort of thing. Laugh at my face all you want. Being short and bald can be just the catalyst you need for finding some insanely cool unique thing about yourself which makes you awesome and sexy.

:):

the brutal takeaway of this is that people only start caring about this message once they realize they are seen as jokes by others
Being seen as a joke by others doesn't motivate me one bit in what opinions I have or what actions I take. Someone from some perspective is bound to see you as a joke anyway, who cares. Fear of rejection doesn't motivate me, I can feel it in my body but it doesn't motivate me. I find it too paralyzing and limiting. Analysis paralysis.

Ableton

I never said ugly guys get less changes. Keep seeing me as the straw man you created. My main point in this whole conversation was how we make grand assumptions based on very little aka how insanely dogmatic we are, how we put ourselves in a narrow box based on our very limited perspective of past events. I don't care to spell out my point more then this, read between the lines. The anecdote wasn't the best, forget it, it was late and I was tired. I didn't think you'd become so obsessed with it.

I'm just saying dare to dream and think outside the box instead of turning hopeless etc. I'd rather be a happy fool then a grim follower in limiting shackles.
David and Goliath sort of thing. Laugh at my face all you want. Being short and bald can be just the catalyst you need for finding some insanely cool unique thing about yourself which makes you awesome and sexy.

:):

Being seen as a joke by others doesn't motivate me one bit in what opinions I have or what actions I take. Someone from some perspective is bound to see you as a joke anyway, who cares. Fear of rejection doesn't motivate me, I can feel it in my body but it doesn't motivate me. I find it too paralyzing and limiting. Analysis paralysis.

dude I saw you coming into this thread a minute after posting my last post. it took you an hour to come up with this reply? are you actually serious?

dude I saw you coming into this thread a minute after posting my last post. it took you an hour to come up with this reply? are you actually serious?
Back at elementary school yard are we.

No I wasn't writing that for so long, but it would be better than spewing the first lame insults that come to mind.

Ableton

Back at elementary school yard are we.

No I wasn't writing that for so long, but it would be better than spewing the first lame insults that come to mind.

fell for the bait. clearly being seen as a joke by others motivates you to keep replying to me.

must be brutal to get iq mogged into oblivion on a health forum where all you want to do is cope. your cognitive dissonance must be through the roof at this point.

for the sake of your cortisol levels I warmly invite you to put me on your ignore list. You do not need to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Ignorance is bliss.

I've seen these narrow-minded views here on attraction and sexuality too many times so I had to say something.

People try to isolate some shallow metrics of what it is to be attractive. And what it is to be successful in life in general. And lump every other existence as just accepting your lesser life.

Sure, maybe there is some generalisations which determine who gets the most sex easily etc. But who's to say that sex is even fulfilling, satisfying. A person can still be unhappy. Everybody knows this idea of a rich hot rock star who gets laid like crazy etc but is still deeply unsatisfied with life.

I really do think it's not sexy to try to value yourself based on some shallow metrics you try to imitate. Being vibrant, confident and healthy is sexy. You can look "perfect" and still be insecure. Other people, partners, potential partners feel that stuff. It's not sexy to value yourself just based on isolated metrics, based on imitating others. Yes maybe a hot person gets laid more but who cares. It's the quality, not the quantity that matters. I really doubt the sex of a hot insecure person is that great.

Sex is celebration of life, of yourself, of the other person. How can you celebrate yourself if you don't feel good in your body and/or about your personality. And how can you celebrate the other person if that person doesn't feel worthy of being celebrated.

Health is the most important thing in being attractive, not your genetic makeup. Health makes you feel good in your body. Health allows you to look the best version of yourself. Health makes you vibrant. Health allows you to have the mental energy to even figure out who you really are and what you want, and to be confident in your personality. Health allows you to accept your flaws and to celebrate your individuality.

Being a unique, vibrant, confident, healthy, happy INDIVIDUAL is sexy.

X3CyO

starting to look like 4chan here.

Nice.

Damn, these blackpilled zoomers can really kill threads. COPE COPE COPE SEETHE HARDER INCEL/MANLET/COOMER SO CRINGE

I take his reference to digital to be, as with most things he gets at, fundamental and underlying. It isn't about media, the internet, etc, per se.

Its about two fundamental ways of relating to things: digital and analog.

I'm super glad somebody else understood what Ray meant by digital culture.

The internet has been freeing in obvious ways, but it is ultimately part of the control grid. People are locked into information wars like the mask debate and BLM, and the conspiracy rabbit holes like Flat Earth and Alternate History will cause one to doubt everything. In an era of deep fakes and fake news, anybody can choose to believe what they want. People are less and less able to find common ground as they sort themselves into various factions. Ironically, the most woke are the weakest people in society. They're socially isolated and have no credibility, no power to create change. They didn't think about how dis-empowered they became while radicalizing themselves.

People credit the internet for providing access to non-mainstream views and knowledge. But in the absence of the internet, networks of people spreading such information would exist, and these relationships would be much stronger and more trustworthy than what we have now. The internet has centralized information distribution; everything is traveling through one big pipe now. And now it's much easier to not only observe the flow of information, but to stop it. More importantly, a toxic load can infect the entire supply much more easily.

I am unsure whether the internet has been a positive or negative development. Ray has voiced similar misgivings about the internet, but digital culture is more than just the internet.

The digital mode is about quantizing, turning everything into a discrete unit, and not engaging with it on a more holistic, contextual level. "What gets measured, gets improved" as the saying goes... and what can't be easily measured, gets ignored.

At my workplace, I have to rate the job the "AI" did when organizing my manifest from 1-5. All of the contextual information like the location of each delivery, the distance between each delivery, the order of the deliveries, the weight and size of the packages, the quantity of packages, the size and dimensions of the van, my own personal feelings about things that day are all transmuted into one single digit. It's an abstraction, and irreversibly so. You can not understand anything about what made the difference when I put 1 on one day 2 the next day.

The digital fetish is why genetic and molecular explanations are preferred. A mutation (a literal binary flip of "G" instead of "T") is responsible for your health problem, not one of the uncountable permutations of the variations in the condition of the cell and its environment. We don't like to think of things in terms of fields and electrical phenomena, we prefer the billiard ball explanation of biological mechanics where we need to have lock and key receptors that work based on literal exact matches and not the varieties of shape or structural organization that can exhibit a specific electronic/field phenomena. That's why Ray talks about vitamin K and certain antibiotics being analogs.

This why they had to invent quantum mechanics. The billiard ball model couldn't explain things, so they had to come up with this idea of fuzzy, uncertain physics. Fuzziness and uncertainty produce randomness and that randomness is supposed to explain the unexplainable. The randomness explains the leftovers. If your model completely explained physical phenomena, it wouldn't require two separate models that have different rules. That's the first sign that physics is in an intellectual cul-de-sac. Dark matter is simply matter that is supposed to exist in order to balance equations; that's why it's dark, we can't observe it. It is the leftovers the theory can't explain.

Whenever the wizard scientists are struggling to come up with a way to understand something, they divide the problem in two. Haidut talks about the estrogen researchers dividing up the good and bad effects of estrogen into Estrogen A and Estrogen B. The good effects are Estrogen A and the bad are Estrogen B. They do this because they are unable to continue thinking in a world that requires the ambiguity of knowing that the same molecule can be responsible for good and bad effects.

Estrogen A, Estrogen B. Newtonian, Quantum. Matter, anti-matter. Divide the problem in two. A binary system.

The analogue system is ambiguous. Whole, coherent. Remember tuning into a radio station on an old radio? You just slide around until you find what seems to sound the best. There is no "lock", no "notch". Most people have probably never had this experience. I had one of these to play with as a child. People who grow up in an entirely digital environment will have a very difficult time understanding analogue phenomena. That's why Eric P. Dollard recommends you engage with some analogue systems, and avoid "digital tyranny".

Quantum mechanics is just an overly elaborate way of returning to an analogue understanding of physical phenomena. It is the analogue universe seen in a digital lens. (That's what your quantum biology light particle is: a tiny invisible billiard ball that tries to explain field phenomena.) Everything old is new again. Not because we are rediscovering old truths, but because we are becoming more sophisticated in our ability to explain reality in a way that doesn't require us to abort the prevailing metaphysical paradigm.

Lost is the use of the Achilles Tendon Reflex test. To observe how the tendon reacts to the neuro hammer requires observation and judgment. The certainty of numerical values in a thyroid panel is deemed more accurate. One costs nothing. The other can be paid by health insurance.

Exactly

Yeah it helped me too with that. I've never been into poetry or visual arts per se but for some reason I fell in love with Blake's work. When I started to read his poems and look at his paintings I had the same kind of feeling I had when I first came across Peat's articles, I just knew deep down that this has something really powerful and important in it. Just like with Peat's articles, a lot of it went over my head at first but I felt a unique clarity in it, a vibration of truth or whatever that was calling me. :D

Both have helped me to find peace and well-being so my intuition about them wasn't wrong. And with both of them, I don't agree with everything 100% and some of it is still over my head. :grin

I highly recommend "The Heaven and Hell of William Blake" by GR Sabri-Tabrizi. He understands Blake in a way that is akin to Ray, not like the general mainstream interpretation of Blake.

managing

Damn, these blackpilled zoomers can really kill threads. COPE COPE COPE SEETHE HARDER INCEL/MANLET/COOMER SO CRINGE

I'm super glad somebody else understood what Ray meant by digital culture.

The internet has been freeing in obvious ways, but it is ultimately part of the control grid. People are locked into information wars like the mask debate and BLM, and the conspiracy rabbit holes like Flat Earth and Alternate History will cause one to doubt everything. In an era of deep fakes and fake news, anybody can choose to believe what they want. People are less and less able to find common ground as they sort themselves into various factions. Ironically, the most woke are the weakest people in society. They're socially isolated and have no credibility, no power to create change. They didn't think about how dis-empowered they became while radicalizing themselves.

People credit the internet for providing access to non-mainstream views and knowledge. But in the absence of the internet, networks of people spreading such information would exist, and these relationships would be much stronger and more trustworthy than what we have now. The internet has centralized information distribution; everything is traveling through one big pipe now. And now it's much easier to not only observe the flow of information, but to stop it. More importantly, a toxic load can infect the entire supply much more easily.

I am unsure whether the internet has been a positive or negative development. Ray has voiced similar misgivings about the internet, but digital culture is more than just the internet.

The digital mode is about quantizing, turning everything into a discrete unit, and not engaging with it on a more holistic, contextual level. "What gets measured, gets improved" as the saying goes... and what can't be easily measured, gets ignored.

At my workplace, I have to rate the job the "AI" did when organizing my manifest from 1-5. All of the contextual information like the location of each delivery, the distance between each delivery, the order of the deliveries, the weight and size of the packages, the quantity of packages, the size and dimensions of the van, my own personal feelings about things that day are all transmuted into one single digit. It's an abstraction, and irreversibly so. You can not understand anything about what made the difference when I put 1 on one day 2 the next day.

The digital fetish is why genetic and molecular explanations are preferred. A mutation (a literal binary flip of "G" instead of "T") is responsible for your health problem, not one of the uncountable permutations of the variations in the condition of the cell and its environment. We don't like to think of things in terms of fields and electrical phenomena, we prefer the billiard ball explanation of biological mechanics where we need to have lock and key receptors that work based on literal exact matches and not the varieties of shape or structural organization that can exhibit a specific electronic/field phenomena. That's why Ray talks about vitamin K and certain antibiotics being analogs.

This why they had to invent quantum mechanics. The billiard ball model couldn't explain things, so they had to come up with this idea of fuzzy, uncertain physics. Fuzziness and uncertainty produce randomness and that randomness is supposed to explain the unexplainable. The randomness explains the leftovers. If your model completely explained physical phenomena, it wouldn't require two separate models that have different rules. That's the first sign that physics is in an intellectual cul-de-sac. Dark matter is simply matter that is supposed to exist in order to balance equations; that's why it's dark, we can't observe it. It is the leftovers the theory can't explain.

Whenever the wizard scientists are struggling to come up with a way to understand something, they divide the problem in two. Haidut talks about the estrogen researchers dividing up the good and bad effects of estrogen into Estrogen A and Estrogen B. The good effects are Estrogen A and the bad are Estrogen B. They do this because they are unable to continue thinking in a world that requires the ambiguity of knowing that the same molecule can be responsible for good and bad effects.

Estrogen A, Estrogen B. Newtonian, Quantum. Matter, anti-matter. Divide the problem in two. A binary system.

The analogue system is ambiguous. Whole, coherent. Remember tuning into a radio station on an old radio? You just slide around until you find what seems to sound the best. There is no "lock", no "notch". Most people have probably never had this experience. I had one of these to play with as a child. People who grow up in an entirely digital environment will have a very difficult time understanding analogue phenomena. That's why Eric P. Dollard recommends you engage with some analogue systems, and avoid "digital tyranny".

Quantum mechanics is just an overly elaborate way of returning to an analogue understanding of physical phenomena. It is the analogue universe seen in a digital lens. (That's what your quantum biology light particle is: a tiny invisible billiard ball that tries to explain field phenomena.) Everything old is new again. Not because we are rediscovering old truths, but because we are becoming more sophisticated in our ability to explain reality in a way that doesn't require us to abort the prevailing metaphysical paradigm.

Exactly

I highly recommend "The Heaven and Hell of William Blake" by GR Sabri-Tabrizi. He understands Blake in a way that is akin to Ray, not like the general mainstream interpretation of Blake.
:goodpost

Lejeboca

Could you say more, please, why you liked the book?
The first thing that come up in search is its scathing review that sounds believable to me.

G. R. Sabri-Tabrizi, The “Heaven” and “Hell” of William Blake | Michael J. Tolley | Blake/An Illustrated Quarterly | Volume 8, Issue 4

"For the pretension, see the dust jacket claim that “This new book about Blake contains the most thorough and complete study yet attempted of his entire system of ideas and action.” In actuality, Blake’s “entire system” is reduced to a few half-baked and overworked ideas crudely imposed on the text in the course of a mad trample through the prophetic books, during which characters become confused (Rintrah is Urizen, Vala is another name for the Four Zoas—Vala or The Four Zoas), or change sex (Theotormon becomes female and Enion male, as the TLS reviewer noticed), or have their speeches given to another character (Orc gets the nameless shadowy female’s words in the Preludium to Europe), or to Blake himself (Albion’s words of despair in J 4:28, “By demonstration man alone can live, and not by faith”!)."

Could you say more, please, why you liked the book?
The first thing that come up in search is its scathing review that sounds believable to me.

G. R. Sabri-Tabrizi, The “Heaven” and “Hell” of William Blake | Michael J. Tolley | Blake/An Illustrated Quarterly | Volume 8, Issue 4

"For the pretension, see the dust jacket claim that “This new book about Blake contains the most thorough and complete study yet attempted of his entire system of ideas and action.” In actuality, Blake’s “entire system” is reduced to a few half-baked and overworked ideas crudely imposed on the text in the course of a mad trample through the prophetic books, during which characters become confused (Rintrah is Urizen, Vala is another name for the Four Zoas—Vala or The Four Zoas), or change sex (Theotormon becomes female and Enion male, as the TLS reviewer noticed), or have their speeches given to another character (Orc gets the nameless shadowy female’s words in the Preludium to Europe), or to Blake himself (Albion’s words of despair in J 4:28, “By demonstration man alone can live, and not by faith”!)."

Perhaps this review is accurate, but I know that the book didn't detract from my enjoyment of learning about Blake's work. In fact, I felt that the book provided a good vehicle to access it. If I just started reading Blake's poems without any kind of interpretive structure surrounding it, his poems most likely would've left much less of an impression on me.

Lejeboca

Perhaps this review is accurate, but I know that the book didn't detract from my enjoyment of learning about Blake's work. In fact, I felt that the book provided a good vehicle to access it. If I just started reading Blake's poems without any kind of interpretive structure surrounding it, his poems most likely would've left much less of an impression on me.
This makes sense to me. Thanks for your insight. I also often approach a source post reading a research about it.

kyle

Peat: Ending oligarchy and ending the digital culture are important goals.

The tech oligarchs are censoring and going to great lengths to suppress our president right now.

The tech oligarchs are acting even more powerful than the state, at least for the moment.

They're basically making the claim that they can not only influence elections but even decide them without due process of the law.

Covid was also part of it, further pushing towards digitally organized systems. And who was behind it?

Atman

I’m a student and got a job at university for 20hr/week in which I am on average working 2h/week. I factually have already completed my masters with nothing but A‘s but have not handed in my thesis because i lose my job when I’m done.
Makes me 1k €/month and completely tax free. After I payed my flat+insurance I have 500€+ every month to spend and its cheap here.
Given my grades I can find a wageslave job later whenever I want, but it’s hardly going to raise my living standards a lot because it will be in a more expensive city and I will have to pay taxes on my salary
So basically I’m just ******* around all day lol
This is somehow based and I can understand your reasoning.
On the other hand it just feels like a waste of potential, not saying you should start working a regular job, but using your free time to create something. This can even mean just working more hours on expanding your world view.

I am on the other side you described. I am earning around 3,5 k € after tax but I have to work 10 hours a day, have barely any free time and my health is somehow suffering. In a way, my living standard is indeed lower than yours. I am already trying to find a way to quit my job or find something with drastically less hours. Here in Germany I am basically working over 50% of my time for the state if I consider all mandatory taxes and insurances.

I also agree with your view on modern academia and their "scientists". 99% are mediocre, dull specialists who are just in their profession to make a living. I was there and will never go back. It's not a place for philosophically minded people.

S-VV

I’m a student and got a job at university for 20hr/week in which I am on average working 2h/week. I factually have already completed my masters with nothing but A‘s but have not handed in my thesis because i lose my job when I’m done.
Makes me 1k €/month and completely tax free. After I payed my flat+insurance I have 500€+ every month to spend and its cheap here.
Given my grades I can find a wageslave job later whenever I want, but it’s hardly going to raise my living standards a lot because it will be in a more expensive city and I will have to pay taxes on my salary
So basically I’m just ******* around all day lol

Like it or not, this what peak performance looks like. No taxes, good money and lots of free time. The antithesis of the wageslave.