I Asked Peat About His Legacy

CLASH

thanks. I literally just read the wiki on ok boomer and was like „nope, that aint it“
According to this wikipage I’m probably more of a boomer than managing.

boomerisms = inability and/or subtle wish not to understand that certain rules of the game have fundamentally changed (partly because of boomers) for young people, that arguably meaning is void in our world now. That an easier life (environmental physiological factors are never considered) is not a better life.

I’ll put an anecdote here: the uncle of an ex of mine was a giga boomer. Career in finance (he was hired by firms to save them and fire tons of people basically), all about giving nice presents to his pretty nieces and ***t like that. Culture was a commodity to this ****er as well. Was talking to him one day (I was „different“) and he asked me: idk whats wrong with young people today. It’s like they have no drive, no ambition to become something.“
I was still pretty bluepilled back then and don’t really remember what I answered, just something along the lines that its more difficult today to find meaning perhaps. Boomers in Germany and France (where we are from) literally had no choice other than rebuilding their ******* countries.
Well, I have a better idea of what this void is now.
It’s our ****88 metabolisms due to all the estrogens and pufa (thanks boomers) that make us wake up demotivated. It’s the fact that working is wageslaving in this day and age, for corps that are putting more estrogens in our foods, steal the water of some african tribes and then run a blm campaign in the ******* nba timeout. It’s the fact that if I wageslave in one of the corps ******* us to build my live the way boomers did (job, house, wife, kids) it will land me a whore that was ****88 by better men than me whose superior sets of nucleotid acids could withstand the environmental damages better than mine, and because he is 6‘4 and plays in the nba. It‘s the fact that nobody fits in this system anymore, and more people are waking up to it by the day. Boomers sleep. Boomers are responsible.

Assuming your assessment is true, what other option is there besides trying to make the best of what you got?

Waynish

Me: What would you like your legacy to be?
Peat: Ending oligarchy and ending the digital culture are important goals.

Makes you wonder how his work might be used to achieve that... I remain suspicious of communistic atheistic types because I've certainly been tricked by them before! And scientific language is notoriously obfuscatory. Peat often talks about the scientific advancements in the USSR, but I've never heard him talk about their widespread promotion of fish oil as healthy:
In The USSR, If You Wanted Dessert, Then You Took Fish Oil!

managing

Makes you wonder how his work might be used to achieve that... I remain suspicious of communistic atheistic types because I've certainly been tricked by them before! And scientific language is notoriously obfuscatory. Peat often talks about the scientific advancements in the USSR, but I've never heard him talk about their widespread promotion of fish oil as healthy:
But should that surprise you? He just acknowledges the good for being good. I don't see why he would be expected to dwell on the bad? He has said fish oil is bad loudly and clearly. That would cover all times and places. He also talks about how some European cultures used tallow and milk extensively up until the 20th century but he doesn't bother dwelling on their use of wheat. He says starches are bad. Everywhere, all times.

I see his focus on the good medical research that came out of USSR as opportunistic. Why focus on the bad?

Waynish

But should that surprise you? He just acknowledges the good for being good. I don't see why he would be expected to dwell on the bad? He has said fish oil is bad loudly and clearly. That would cover all times and places. He also talks about how some European cultures used tallow and milk extensively up until the 20th century but he doesn't bother dwelling on their use of wheat. He says starches are bad. Everywhere, all times.

I see his focus on the good medical research that came out of USSR as opportunistic. Why focus on the bad?

If "focusing on the bad" is the takeaway, then either I did a bad job communicating or you missed my point. I don't know how to say it better currently... So, I guess embody more suspicion & reread my passage! :lol:

If I have to expand right now, then I'd ask: how has his family (including his brother) not made it into any of his many historically precise & vivid anecdotes?

I have news for you: Your wife does not prefer small men. No woman does, except perhaps if they have some psychological trauma or something. Your wife likely dated shorter men because they could compensate for it with other things, and maybe does not value height as much as the average woman. She still values it. Because, guess what? Sexual attraction, especially female sexual attraction to men, is VERY digital. In 10.000 women you will find one who prefers 5'7 over 6'1, if she was HONEST about it. Seriously. It's men who still don't show much, but more variety in what attracts them. Basically no women will like you for the fact that you are short, or bald, or have a ***t frame, or a deformity in your face.
I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm lost for words. These kind of strange extremely narrow-minded views on sexuality, human relationships, what it is to be a man or a woman etc pop up on this forum every now and then.

The reasons for why someone finds something attractive are incredibly vast. I don't think we can even be totally conscious of what they are. Someone who looks hot as heck at first quickly becomes repulsive if you get to know the person and find out he/she is a douchebag. And a person who doesn't look that great at first can really start to turn you on after you get to know him/her and find out nice things about his/her personality like sense of humor, wit, empathy etc. Has happened to me many times.

+ Love is beyond reason anyway.

Arnold Grape

I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm lost for words. These kind of strange extremely narrow-minded views on sexuality, human relationships, what it is to be a man or a woman etc pop up on this forum every now and then.

The reasons for why someone finds something attractive are incredibly vast. I don't think we can even be totally conscious of what they are. Someone who looks hot as heck at first quickly becomes repulsive if you get to know the person and find out he/she is a douchebag. And a person who doesn't look that great at first can really start to turn you on after you get to know him/her and find out nice things about his/her personality like sense of humor, wit, empathy etc. Has happened to me many times.

Aww. ❤️

Ableton

the hot guy still ***** and the ugly guy never gets the chance for a date even
I do not disagree that hot people get repulsive and vice versa, because I have experienced it myself
The point is our culture increasingly shifts towards a superficial direction where hot guys get more chances and ugly guys less. Hard to deny is it?

the hot guy still ***** and the ugly guy never gets the chance for a date even
I do not disagree that hot people get repulsive and vice versa, because I have experienced it myself
The point is our culture increasingly shifts towards a superficial direction where hot guys get more chances and ugly guys less. Hard to deny is it?
I don't know if that's necessarily true. I was talking with a really hot woman friend and she genuinely didn't seem to care that much about looks, she said that everybody still needs to be loved. And a kind dude who's not the best looking can really appreciate a woman and give her a sense of being worshipped while having sexy time, which can be really important to a woman, whereas a hot guy may be too full of himself.

Ableton

I don't know if that's necessarily true. I was talking with a really hot woman friend and she genuinely didn't seem to care that much about looks, she said that everybody still needs to be loved. And a kind dude who's not the best looking can really appreciate a woman and give her a sense of being worshipped while having sexy time, which can be really important to a woman, whereas a hot guy may be too full of himself.
Actions matter a lot more than words when it comes to this

gaze

I dont think he thinks the USSR is or was perfect or right about everything. I think its more so they had open minded research trying to find the truth, while US scientists were focused on proving certain industrys to be right. At that time, Vitamin A and vitamin D were being shown to be highly advantageous, and there wasnt convincing research about PUFAs. It makes sense why it would be promoted then. Now all the research is industry based, even in russia and europe, I think thats why Ray was fond of early 20th century Russians, who hadn't been corrupted yet (monetarily, politically corrupted is a different story)

Peatogenic

Certainly it can be said that Peat's goal is not to undermine the medical industry, or any similarly practical goal. Ray is an abstract thinker who seeks truth for sake of truth only, with the byproducts of his inquiries being of secondary importance, even if helpful to others.

Peat doesn't want to tell you what to do. He wants to help you figure out how you could help yourself. Thus, Peat's sees himself leaving behind nuggets of information which the people who come after him may then use as they want to. He is merely sharing the truth as he sees it, leaving you with the freedom to do whatever you want with it. That is as far as someone like him is going to allow himself to think about legacy.

+1

Ableton

She talked to me about this after having sex with an almost 30 year old virgin, whom she met online and had not seen even a pic of him before seeing the guy.
Big if true. But see, that incredible nice guy had to wait 29 years to get laid.

Ableton

Maybe it was worth it. I hear she gave him a night he'll remember for the rest of his life. :):
Male Virgins as young as 24 are unlikely (as in lower than 50%) to loose their virginity to a non professional
For 29 year olds it’s going to be significantly higher than that
For a virgin to lose his virginity at 29 in online dating without adding a picture( well if you are ugly this is actually probably more likely to work than adding one...)to an attractive woman, is like winning the lotto. I share sympathy with your positivity, and the fact you befriended such an amazing woman, but the type of scenario you are describing is very rare
Guys in this scenario are better off setting their lives up, then hitting on a woman in their circle who wants kids, than bothering with online dating

Male Virgins as young as 24 are unlikely (as in lower than 50%) to loose their virginity to a non professional
For 29 year olds it’s going to be significantly higher than that
For a virgin to lose his virginity at 29 in online dating without adding a picture( well if you are ugly this is actually probably more likely to work than adding one...)to an attractive woman, is like winning the lotto. I share sympathy with your positivity, and the fact you befriended such an amazing woman, but the type of scenario you are describing is very rare
Guys in this scenario are better off setting their lives up, then hitting on a woman in their circle who wants kids, than bothering with online dating
It was just an anecdote that came to mind. Wasn't that serious.

I find it a bit baffling how you can have such a strong opinion of what desires, needs and motives people have and what actions they should take. Every individuals circumstances are so insanely unique I can't reduce peoples lives to so narrow simple little packages. I have this reaction to a lot of what people say here and in life in general lol.

Ableton

It was just an anecdote that came to mind. Wasn't that serious.

I find it a bit baffling how you can have such a strong opinion of what desires, needs and motives people have and what actions they should take. Every individuals circumstances are so insanely unique I can't reduce peoples lives to so narrow simple little packages. I have this reaction to a lot of what people say here and in life in general lol.

you do not think that male virgins of the age of 29 generally have the need and motive to have sex for the first time, and that single women who want to have kids generally have the need and motive to get with a man who has set up his life to do so?
if we are completely unable to generalize, we just have no basis whatsoever for discussion