I Am Wondering Why My Legs Are Swelling Since PEATing

Katelove

Just started peating a couple weeks ago...added lots of OJ, gelatin, sugar, caffeine, raw thyroid, vit e, gummy bears, cottage cheese, mozzarella, progesterone cream...some aspirin for a couple of days...
The past week, my legs are swelling...this is new for me. Any insight? Suggestions?
I am pulling back on everything new...no dairy today, small amount of oj... I had some chicken and shrimp and rice...
This is pretty confusing. my temps are pretty low 96.8ish...it was lower when I started, one morning was 95.6, then about 96.5...
I am also using red light on thyroid.

OP
Katelove

Katelove

I salt everything. I use himalayan salt. I don't measure though...I feel it is moderately high. however, not much higher than usual...since before Peat...

yerrag

I don't know if it has anything to do with taking thyroid and progesterone and having a resulting increase in metabolism, as evidenced by increased temperatures. Ray says that if you are deficient in vitamin A or magnesium, these deficiencies could leave you in a lurch (my word, for lack of a better word).

The_xXx

increased metabolism must not be reletaed with increased body temperature. Your CNS is supposed to increase body temperature if you have good t3 will increase but maybe you have some infection with bacterias which will suppress CNS function and brain function and decrease body temperature and some other hormones . Yes your metabolism is responsible for body temperature in a healthy body, but i think we arent 100 % healty

yerrag

increased metabolism must not be reletaed with increased body temperature. Your CNS is supposed to increase body temperature if you have good t3 will increase but maybe you have some infection with bacterias which will suppress CNS function and brain function and decrease body temperature and some other hormones . Yes your metabolism is responsible for body temperature in a healthy body, but i think we arent 100 % healty
On the contrary, if there is an infection, a healthy body will increase the temperature to fight the infection. But in an extremely diseased state, the body will have difficulty increasing temperature, and this will make it difficult to contain the infection.

Amber

Where are you at in your cycle? Leg edema sounds like increased estrogen levels

OP
Katelove

Katelove

Thank you Amber. I am perimenopausal and my cycle is weird now...I had gone 2 months without it and then after adding progesterone it came on powerfully...So I started my menstruation in last Monday...So, I will start the progesterone again this coming Tuesday...day 14...however, if you saw the list of ingredients that are in the cream I bought, I will probably try another brand...any advice there?
Coincidentally, if I am correct, it seems the swelling began the night before my menstruation last week.

oriana

Is there pain or just swelling? Other signs of poor circulation? Joints ok?

OP
Katelove

Katelove

No pain at all...just swelling...I can feel how tight they are. Too much orange juice? Too much dairy? I have cut back on the juice and dairy...eating less, more magnesium, no more gelatin....I got a herpes break out, I believe from the arginine....I made a lot of changes quickly...maybe too stressful for my body.
I am now eating eggs, some poultry and beef, some cheese, coffee with half and half and coconut oil, drinking water...some white rice, some potatoes...ashwagandha, zinc, E, D, thyroid, B complex, C, glycine...

OP
Katelove

Katelove

Does Peat talk about parasites? Could all the dairy and sugar be feeding parasites? I have a big belly, distention.

Amber

Distention can be from endotoxin or stress/estrogen which causes edema and bloating.

Gelatin is pretty high in copper i believe, copper raises estrogen levels in the body so thats something to keep in mind. Good that you're taking extra zinc, it will balance the extra copper from the gelatin out. Magnesium is good too, nice. The zinc/magnesium/salt will help with your edema. Remember to take them apart from calcium rich meals :)

You could also try to take some short walks a few times/day to see if it helps, maybe cut down on your starch consumption too. Starch could be feeding endotoxins

Btw, i think dr. Lee has a progesterone cream aswell. You could check that one out

OP
Katelove

Katelove

Thank you all...ok about the walks, good idea...I have been getting more sun too...simple pleasures, duh...I forget.
What exactly are endotoxins? Parasites? I read about this carrot salad, is this the only defense?
I appreciate everyone's wisdom and time. I have a Wormwood, Clove, Walnut tincture...should I try this?

Tarmander

Way too many things all at once. Just because Ray says a substance is youthful and a fast metabolism is best doesn't mean you can force your body into that state. You have to coax it, show that it's okay, that a higher metabolism is safe and supported by your life.

Plus all those supplements are not easily managed together. Add one at a time, feel it out, feel the upper band and the lower band of tolerance.

Birdie

You might just try the Progest-E that Peat recommends. I find it helps to keep reading his articles or listening to the interviews. Also helpful is reading Dan Wich who follows Peat. His site is presented in a fun way.

OP
Katelove

Katelove

ok thank you all again..
So, my temps are averaging about 96.8 in the morning...seems pretty low...what would be the best course of action for me?...foods, sups, to begin with. I jumped in full force, but now I see it was too much...

Amber

Changing your diet is fine, just take it slower with the supps like progesterone/thyroid. They might be stimulating you too much now

Xisca

I
Thank you all...ok about the walks, good idea...I have been getting more sun too...simple pleasures, duh...I forget.
What exactly are endotoxins? Parasites? I read about this carrot salad, is this the only defense?
I appreciate everyone's wisdom and time. I have a Wormwood, Clove, Walnut tincture...should I try this?
I am doing it right now and it is not as strong as the 1st time I did it. Yes intestine is important and you cannot increase sugar without caring for your guts.
Carrot helps to fight endotoxins. Also cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots.
I also like ginger in sugar, confit. Also pepper mint. And cinnamon for amonia if you do the clinse as it is a side effect of dying parasites. Find the zeylanicum one! It has lighter color.
I think Amber nailed it!

LoryEl

For me it was the aspirin and adding to many things at the same time. Sometimes b6 or b3 gave me similar simphoms.
Take out any suppliments and add these back slowly one by one. Aspirin gets added back starting with small doses and going up.

U will see by yourself if you work out with each thing one by one what causes your swelling.