I Am Going To Take 250MG Of DHEA Today At 17yo. What Would Happen?

baccheion

I will share my experiences on it and won't take DHEA for a week. First time taking it

The effect of oral dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on the urine testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio in human male volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

"One subject agreed to take a single dose of 250 mg. This acute, high dose caused his T/E ratio to increase by 40% relative to the predose value."

Can I expect that effect?
Estrogen shoots up? Estrogens, DHT, and DHEA are all capable of triggering growth plate closure.

IIRC, 8-10 mg/kg magnesium is associated with increased/normalized DHEA and lower SHBG. Add the other vitamins and minerals (and correct any nutrient deficiencies) and you have about all that's necessary until 30+. Many B vitamins increase estrogen clearance efficiency and fat-soluble vitamins tend to act like aromatase inhibitors. One recommendation is to avoid going over 50 ng/mL 25(OH)D until puberty ends, leaving the desired range as 40-50 ng/mL.

An androgenic diet (grass-fed meats, butter, cheeses, milk, etc; cold-pressed organic oils, eggs, steel cut oatmeal; avoiding soy and other goitrogenic or estrogenic foods, etc), a slight calorie surplus, maybe avoiding intermittent fasting (said to not be the best during growth periods), and 20 minutes of direct sunlight on the scrotum (maybe a sun/SAD lamp will have a similar effect) all tend to increase testosterone.

Insufficient sleep duration/quality tends to blunt androgen levels.

Last edited:

Dobbler

I dont think taking it once does much. Take it for month and report back. I wouldnt . That is very high dose and will go to estrogen route.

mujuro

Well you’re definitely a 17 year old.

I don’t know if 250mg would that much more than 10-50mg. I assume there’s only so much the body can assimilate and utilize in the space of a few hours.

OP
X

x69

Well you’re definitely a 17 year old.

I don’t know if 250mg would that much more than 10-50mg. I assume there’s only so much the body can assimilate and utilize in the space of a few hours.

I already took 500mg haha. It will probably have a effect after I wake up.. didn't feel much different from 250mg.

OP
X

x69

Update: I have taken 1000mg of DHEA.

Hating yourself but still in the name of science.

Herbie

Update: I have taken 1000mg of DHEA.

Hating yourself but still in the name of science.

What happened?

Careful about using the word science in place of god.

Last edited:

RobertJM

Wouldn’t the body just perceive the amount and put what it doesn’t need into the urine or something

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals