I Am Addicted To Metformin

Broken man

So many of you probably already know who I am, but for those who don't, I am that guy who maxed his Testosterone naturally:
View attachment 17694

You can check my thread on it here:
I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

Anyway, getting to the point of this post.

I started taking metformin after (ab)using Cyproheptadine for many months.

I first started dosing at 500mg XR form, usually with my biggest carb meal in the evenings.

I didn't really notice much at the start, apart from slightly reduced appetite.

2 weeks later these are the key effects I had noticed from
regularly taking 250mg-500mg of XR Metformin whilst on a high carb diet:

-INSANE muscle pumps, to the point of almost feeling like veins were gonna pop.
-Improved gym performance.
-Leaner physique.
-Reduced appetite.
-Better cortisol awakening response (Did you know that metformin can do what licorice does with cortisol?)
-Easier to fast if I had to.
View attachment 17696

Obviously I am aware of the side effects of metformin use:
-B12 Deficiency (Currently supplementing to offset)
-Homocysteine issues (Taurine to offset)
-Raises cortisol (I need this).

But what makes me feel "Addicted to it"

THE PUMPS!!!

No other GDA has come close. If anyone has any other natural botanical or any other compound that can match this I will be impressed.

Cheers.
I would add that Its anti peaty to the title and you can try mildronate too, good combination.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Vinny

How are things going with carnivore dieting?
Hi man,
There,ve been several changes I notice so far.

1st one, depression is about 80% better. I don,t want to die anymore.

Fat gain is under control so far. Went down from "morbidly" to "obese".

A fraction increase in muscle mass (I don,t exercise)

A fraction increase in energy.

A fraction increase in libido.

A fraction better hydration.

Snoring less.

Less abdominal and gallbladder/liver discomfort.

Poop is very good.

Acne is 95% gone.

Hi man,

Snoring less.

Poop is very good.

Acne is 95% gone.

What exactly your diet looks like?

redsun

Hi man,

Snoring less.

Poop is very good.

Acne is 95% gone.

Hey thats very good news, thanks for the update. If I recall correctly your diet was mostly ground beef. Seafoods are very good addition here for the selenium which land meats lack which may help weight loss and energy by improving antioxidant status and T3 conversion. I find a very clear difference in energy and my mental faculties when I eat high selenium fish, which I suspect is in large part to do with increased T3 from selenium.

Vinny

What exactly your diet looks like?
It`s mostly ground beef. Beef tongue. Lamb liver and hearts sometimes as well. Sea food once in a blue moon. There are lamb heads here, very cheap, I love them but it`s a pain to clean them from all super-small bones they contain, plus a lot of boiling.... (I never bake anything)

No grains. No beans. No starch. No milk/dairy.
Ditched the eggs recently as well, and it was a right decision, because 4 yolks per day gave me skin issues. Resolved after several days without them.

I cheat sometimes with fruit, tho. We`ve got, right now, very good and ripe COVID papayas, which I pick str8 from the trees, for free (my working place is surrounded by a papaya garden - a few meters away only, literally). I like pineapple as well and aloe juice lately, but probably it would be better to ditch them too. We`ll see....
Feel tempted sometimes to put a teaspoon of honey in my coffee with coconut milk. it tastes delicious.

I`m not counting calories. I eat around 1 kg, or more, meat per day. I eat till satiated.

Not sure about the fat/protein ratio. It varies. Beef tongue is very fat. The ground beef they sell here (pre-minced) is always different. If I want to be grounded by my preference, I should probably pay a lot more.

Vinny

Hey thats very good news, thanks for the update. If I recall correctly your diet was mostly ground beef. Seafoods are very good addition here for the selenium which land meats lack which may help weight loss and energy by improving antioxidant status and T3 conversion. I find a very clear difference in energy and my mental faculties when I eat high selenium fish, which I suspect is in large part to do with increased T3 from selenium.
I used to take selenium in pills, didn`t notice anything. Might give it another go.

BTW, forgot to mention another benefit - my urine is getting much, much less frothy since the carnivore bingo-bongo. I`m very happy about that.

redsun

I used to take selenium in pills, didn`t notice anything. Might give it another go.

BTW, forgot to mention another benefit - my urine is getting much, much less frothy since the carnivore bingo-bongo. I`m very happy about that.

Thats good. Foamy urine (when chronic) usually points to possible kidney issues so if thats improving on carnivore Id safely say your kidney function is likely improving. Which is despite the fact that your protein intake is obviously high now which mainstream would say is very bad for the kidneys.

It`s mostly ground beef. Beef tongue. Lamb liver and hearts sometimes as well. Sea food once in a blue moon. There are lamb heads here, very cheap, I love them but it`s a pain to clean them from all super-small bones they contain, plus a lot of boiling.... (I never bake anything)

No grains. No beans. No starch. No milk/dairy.
Ditched the eggs recently as well, and it was a right decision, because 4 yolks per day gave me skin issues. Resolved after several days without them.

I cheat sometimes with fruit, tho. We`ve got, right now, very good and ripe COVID papayas, which I pick str8 from the trees, for free (my working place is surrounded by a papaya garden - a few meters away only, literally). I like pineapple as well and aloe juice lately, but probably it would be better to ditch them too. We`ll see....
Feel tempted sometimes to put a teaspoon of honey in my coffee with coconut milk. it tastes delicious.

I`m not counting calories. I eat around 1 kg, or more, meat per day. I eat till satiated.

Not sure about the fat/protein ratio. It varies. Beef tongue is very fat. The ground beef they sell here (pre-minced) is always different. If I want to be grounded by my preference, I should probably pay a lot more.

Fruit is good, I think its beneficial to not get the body so unused to carbs by going from high to none. Little bit of fruit sugars from quality fruits is a plus in my opinion. I also cheated a lot when I did carnivore with sugars, never craved starches though.

Papayas and a lot of tropical fruits in general are high in vitamin c and folates, manganese which tend to lack in carnivore diets unless you eat folate heavy organs daily. That trio is valuable in carb usage to help you manage carbs later down the line if you decide to add stuff back in.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I've still been using Metformin on and off, but I have also managed to get at least 13,000 steps per day on average, so I am sure this has helped me drop body fat.

Currently sitting at 12.1%.
Lucas Topless.jpg

Vinny

I've still been using Metformin on and off, but I have also managed to get at least 13,000 steps per day on average, so I am sure this has helped me drop body fat.

Currently sitting at 12.1%.
View attachment 18436
Awesome job!

rei

Haha people have started taking metformin like a supplement? I sense we have the ingredients cooking for the next resveratrol incident.

When you get "a pump" you have severe blood flow regulation problems. Try nitric oxide supplements for another pathway to harm yourself in the same way.

Last edited:
OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Lucas 14th September, Topless.jpeg

Lucas 14th September, Topless1.jpeg

Lucas physique update.jpeg

I only take metformin 1-2 per week now, and instead, got myself a walking treadmil desk, where I am doing about 20,000 steps per day,

I am eating like a pig still, not even clean, sprints 1-2 per week, Rower machine twice per week, Taurine daily, and heaps of other biohacks.

Tarmander

You ever try berberine? I would be interested in its effects vs metformin. Lots of people make the switch to berberine because its similar for blood sugar but doesn't raise lactate

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You ever try berberine? I would be interested in its effects vs metformin. Lots of people make the switch to berberine because its similar for blood sugar but doesn't raise lactate

I did try Berberine, but unfortunately it actually made me feel highly irritable, which is likely due to its effects on Norepinephrine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals