I Am Addicted To Metformin

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So many of you probably already know who I am, but for those who don't, I am that guy who maxed his Testosterone naturally:
Total Testosterone.jpeg

You can check my thread on it here:
I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

Anyway, getting to the point of this post.

I started taking metformin after (ab)using Cyproheptadine for many months.

I first started dosing at 500mg XR form, usually with my biggest carb meal in the evenings.

I didn't really notice much at the start, apart from slightly reduced appetite.

2 weeks later these are the key effects I had noticed from
regularly taking 250mg-500mg of XR Metformin whilst on a high carb diet:

-INSANE muscle pumps, to the point of almost feeling like veins were gonna pop.
-Improved gym performance.
-Leaner physique.
-Reduced appetite.
-Better cortisol awakening response (Did you know that metformin can do what licorice does with cortisol?)
-Easier to fast if I had to.
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.40.53 am.png

Obviously I am aware of the side effects of metformin use:
-B12 Deficiency (Currently supplementing to offset)
-Homocysteine issues (Taurine to offset)
-Raises cortisol (I need this).

But what makes me feel "Addicted to it"

THE PUMPS!!!

No other GDA has come close. If anyone has any other natural botanical or any other compound that can match this I will be impressed.

Cheers.

PleaseDoo21

doesn't metformin hold slightly anti-androgenic activity? correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Test your serum lactate regularly.

Vinny

So many of you probably already know who I am, but for those who don't, I am that guy who maxed his Testosterone naturally:
View attachment 17694

You can check my thread on it here:
I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

Anyway, getting to the point of this post.

I started taking metformin after (ab)using Cyproheptadine for many months.

I first started dosing at 500mg XR form, usually with my biggest carb meal in the evenings.

I didn't really notice much at the start, apart from slightly reduced appetite.

2 weeks later these are the key effects I had noticed from
regularly taking 250mg-500mg of XR Metformin whilst on a high carb diet:

-INSANE muscle pumps, to the point of almost feeling like veins were gonna pop.
-Improved gym performance.
-Leaner physique.
-Reduced appetite.
-Better cortisol awakening response (Did you know that metformin can do what licorice does with cortisol?)
-Easier to fast if I had to.
View attachment 17696

Obviously I am aware of the side effects of metformin use:
-B12 Deficiency (Currently supplementing to offset)
-Homocysteine issues (Taurine to offset)
-Raises cortisol (I need this).

But what makes me feel "Addicted to it"

THE PUMPS!!!

No other GDA has come close. If anyone has any other natural botanical or any other compound that can match this I will be impressed.

Cheers.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing and for the photo as well. You look great.
I,ve got some Met in my cabinet. When I ordered it, tho, I was still eating carbs. Now I,m on a very low carb/high meat plan, and there is probably not much sense to try the stuff now.

PleaseDoo21

It certainly does, at ridiculously high doses, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest with such high natural Testosterone.

I believe it also inhibits aromatase:
Metformin inhibits stromal aromatase expression and tumor progression in a rodent model of postmenopausal breast cancer. - PubMed - NCBI
I've heard at the standard therapeutic dosage of 500-1500mg it negatively affects androgen receptors via the inhibition of certain pathway functions, it can be used to treat prostate cancer in combination with an anti-androgen like flutamide or hydroxyflutamide. I'm sure you're fine though, it probably doesn't make a BIG difference, still good to know though.

Evidence has shown that MF has multiple antineoplastic effects through AMPK-dependent and independent mechanisms, the alteration of IGF-1 signaling pathways, suppression of the androgen receptor pathway, inhibition of the mTOR pathway, and lipogenesis. Conduction of meta-analysis suggests mortality benefit to patients who exhibit PCa when taking MF. Clinical trials have shown evidence, demonstrating MF to improving significantly.
Metformin represses prostate cancer cell viability and enhances apoptosis by targeting the AR signaling pathway. Combinations of metformin and other anti-AR agents pose a potentially promising therapeutic approach for the treatment of prostate cancers, especially the castrate-resistant prostate cancer, with high efficacy and low toxicity.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Do you still eat the same amount despite a reduced appetite?

I've been trying to eat around the same amount of carbs, but my training has also fluctuated significantly too. Some days I have been doing sprints in the morning and then weights in the afternoon... I'm getting obsessed with training atm lol.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Very interesting, thanks for sharing and for the photo as well. You look great.
I,ve got some Met in my cabinet. When I ordered it, tho, I was still eating carbs. Now I,m on a very low carb/high meat plan, and there is probably not much sense to try the stuff now.

Haha thanks Vinny!

I would be interested to see how you go if you do try it down the track... leave a comment back on this thread if you do!

Vinny

Haha thanks Vinny!

I would be interested to see how you go if you do try it down the track... leave a comment back on this thread if you do!
Ok!

D

danishispsychic

wow , super ripped and muscle -y. i take 500 mg metformin a day and really like it . i have taken it for a while and i like how it improves my mood and sleep. i drink red bull yellow each day and do some b12 here and there . i get my metformin on " anti aging systems " website . they are reliable :)

A.R

Hmm I don't know
Haidut posted a study of it being toxic somewhere on here

brix

wow , super ripped and muscle -y. i take 500 mg metformin a day and really like it . i have taken it for a while and i like how it improves my mood and sleep. i drink red bull yellow each day and do some b12 here and there . i get my metformin on " anti aging systems " website . they are reliable :)

why did you start taking it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals