"Hypothyroidism Prevents The Liver From Attaching Glucuronic Acid To Estrogen,

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Vinny, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Vinny

Vinny Member

.......... and so increases the body’s retention of estrogen, which in turn impairs the thyroid gland’s ability to secrete thyroid hormone."

The above is a quote from Dr Peat.
    So, is there something we can do to aid the liver to attach the glucuronic acid?

2. miki14

miki14 Member

Supplementing thyroid and progesterone I would guess. Eating enough sugar & protein might help too.

3. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

I was actually thinking about the exact same thing for the last two days.
    I am taking progesterone, it treats me really well but it makes gain estrogenic fat around the mid section . Tca300 quoted peat saying that progesterone would not do sth like this (estrogenic thing) IF thyroid, liver and kidneys were working good.
    But that's a big If in my case ...

So I digged deeper into glucorodnidation and I found a substance that is in many energy drinks : glucuronolactone .
    I don't know if it's superior to plain glucuronic acid but I think those molecules are both pretty similar .

My hope is that it might help with glucuronidation of estrogen .

I found an interesting study on that subtstacne . Let me quote a little part :

"
    This report was summarized as follows : the toxic (amine-like) substance in a living
    body increased due to physical exercise, and resulted in fatigue. The glucuronic acid
    content of urine, serum, liver and kidney, and the hepatic glycogen content of a living body
    decreased. The activity of o-aminophenylglucuronide synthesis of rat's liver was inhibit
    ed after hard physical exercise. However, these phenomena were significantly blocked
    by the administration of glucuronolactone. The arrest of an isolated frog heart due to
    the accumulation of toxic substance was checked, both prophylactically and therapeu
    tically, by the administration of glucuronolactone."
    EFFECTS OF GLUCURONOLACTONE AND THE OTHER CARBOHYDRATES ON THE BIOCHEMICAL CHANGES PRODUCED IN THE LIVING BODY OF RATS BY HARD EXERCISE

You can simply buy it in bulk form on sites like bulk bulkpowders.com and it's really not dangerous or anything so I think I will give it a try for liver health.

Another quote from peat :"The main way they [PUFA] are detoxified is by attaching glucuronic acid, making them water soluble, so they leave in the urine"

"[Is glucuronolactone safe?] I think it is, if it's from a reliable source."

4. milkboi

milkboi Member

There's also Calcium D-Glucarate. Downside is that your liver liver will not only glucuronidate the bad stuff, but also helpful steroids like DHT etc. (I think haidut said that)

5. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Yes, I've tried that ...

6. hmac

hmac Member

Apples have a lot of glucarate, as do potatoes and oranges. I think this is another reason why orange juice is so often suggested.

7. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

I've ordered the glucuronolactone now I'll give it a shot. There's no one around who has tried it so far . So I'll make myself the Guinea pig .

8. OP
    Vinny

Vinny Member

Good. Let,s hope you get some positive changes from the stuff and share with us. Thanks.

9. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

I will. No worries.

10. hmac

hmac Member

I've actually tried it. Didn't go down that well with me but I don't respond well to calcium supplements, so it could have been the calcium that was the issue. I've heard of people taking huge doses - 2-4 grams per day - and doing well with it.

11. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Why do you say calcium is glucuronolactone angie associated with calcium ?

Where did you read this and what exactly got better ,liver function?

12. Broken man

Broken man Member

How Are you doing? Are still taking the glucuronolactone?

13. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

I will probably receive it next week. Had to order it from eastern Europe.

14. hmac

hmac Member

Misread your previous comment. Assumed you were talking about calcium d-glucarate sorry.

It was calcium d-glucarate, and it was some of Garrett Smith's clients + other people on Grant Genereux's forum.

15. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

OK ,I also took up to 2 grams sometimes, I might try it again I really had symptoms of better liver function but also some low blood sugar or sth. Related ...

16. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

So glucuronolactone gave me fuller muscles and more stable mood . And a bit hypoglycemia if not taken with sugar which is expectable if it increases glycogen ...
    Downsides was it gave me dark circles but on the other hand any things do that .

17. OP
    Vinny

Vinny Member

thanks