Hypothyroidism (Cortisol, Prolactin And Adrenal Hyperactivity) Causes Balding

so the problem is.. how do you cure insulin resistance? from a peat perspective, it is cortisol and pufa causing damage, but how to get your body to handle it all properly? i just drank oj, eggs, salt, and calcium egg shell and absolutely zero itch. for sure this is it. i know ray would say, get on thryoid, but what comes frist, the chicken or the egg? maybe if you do a high fructose diet at first, get on thyroid, start getting things handled, then jump on milk, it could be ok.

Orion

so the problem is.. how do you cure insulin resistance? from a peat perspective, it is cortisol and pufa causing damage, but how to get your body to handle it all properly? i just drank oj, eggs, salt, and calcium egg shell and absolutely zero itch. for sure this is it. i know ray would say, get on thryoid, but what comes frist, the chicken or the egg? maybe if you do a high fructose diet at first, get on thyroid, start getting things handled, then jump on milk, it could be ok.

I think it might be cured by flushing your body from PUFA, going through the forum some have reported good success with this. I am trying VLF for at least 30 days and will report findings.

Daily: ~3000cals: from sugars, ~100grams protein, and zero starch / zero fat (so zero PUFA)

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/peatist-losers-weight-loss.11129/page-25#post-178353

I think it might be cured by flushing your body from PUFA, going through the forum some have reported good success with this. I am trying VLF for at least 30 days and will report findings.

Daily: ~3000cals: from sugars, ~100grams protein, and zero starch / zero fat (so zero PUFA)

Peatist Losers [Weight Loss]

skim milk, white sugar, greek yogurt, those are all insulin spiking foods, they are going to shoot your insulin load high, i don't see how that is going to help insulin resistance? if the problem is all ready there, from my experience, you can't fix it utilizing foods that are going to spike that said insulin if your body can't handle it, i think teh cortisol will increase from it and cause more stress.

Orion

skim milk, white sugar, greek yogurt, those are all insulin spiking foods, they are going to shoot your insulin load high, i don't see how that is going to help insulin resistance? if the problem is all ready there, from my experience, you can't fix it utilizing foods that are going to spike that said insulin if your body can't handle it, i think teh cortisol will increase from it and cause more stress.

FFA's cause issues with insulin, especially PUFA FFA's.

Cortisol increases from low blood sugar. Milk and sugar provide stable blood sugar.

FFA's cause issues with insulin, especially PUFA FFA's.

Cortisol increases from low blood sugar. Milk and sugar provide stable blood sugar.

ok.. but if you are all ready insulin resistant... how is that milk and sugar insulin going to need to be able to get where it needs to go? you realize that milk and sugar spike your blood sugar hard... it is not fructose, fructose spikes not that much in comparison. that's just what i'm trying to do. i have tried making milk work for a while and sugar work for a while, but i always get worse after having those. i just can't handle that stuff at all for some reason right now. i'm trying to rebuild my calcium up and my magnesium levels up and soidum up and potassium up in order to handle all that insulin because i think that is the issue. although milk is a good source of calcium, i don't think it is helping me in the short term when i all ready have a serious problem docking insulin.

try drinking milk and get a blood sugar monitor and watch your blood sugar sky rocket. i know because i bought one and watched it. you really need an adequate body to handle it all ready, at least in my case, your case could be different.

again, this is just me talking about my situation, i don't know your situation. in a perfect world, you should be able to drink milk and sugar and be good or whatever becuase i agree, it is FFA's causing the problem, but i have found in my situation that the problem is all ready there and it is not being fixed by spiking it too high unfortunately.

Orion

ok.. but if you are all ready insulin resistant... how is that milk and sugar insulin going to need to be able to get where it needs to go? you realize that milk and sugar spike your blood sugar hard... it is not fructose, fructose spikes not that much in comparison. that's just what i'm trying to do. i have tried making milk work for a while and sugar work for a while, but i always get worse after having those. i just can't handle that stuff at all for some reason right now. i'm trying to rebuild my calcium up and my magnesium levels up and soidum up and potassium up in order to handle all that insulin because i think that is the issue. although milk is a good source of calcium, i don't think it is helping me in the short term when i all ready have a serious problem docking insulin.

try drinking milk and get a blood sugar monitor and watch your blood sugar sky rocket. i know because i bought one and watched it. you really need an adequate body to handle it all ready, at least in my case, your case could be different.

again, this is just me talking about my situation, i don't know your situation. in a perfect world, you should be able to drink milk and sugar and be good or whatever becuase i agree, it is FFA's causing the problem, but i have found in my situation that the problem is all ready there and it is not being fixed by spiking it too high unfortunately.

Yep everyone is different but from what all I have read, insulin is blocked by excess FFA's (mainly PUFA).

skim milk, 0% fat yogurt, sugar are providing zero PUFA and my blood sugars measurements are stable and I have a seriously impaired liver, acne, crap sleep, shedding, weight gain in the middle, any uncoupler supplement will crash me in 2hrs. Fat with starch = rollercoaster blood sugar

Long threads to get through, but lots of goodness about insulin resistance, and haiduts rant about why people who start Peating gain weight and become insulin resistant.
Improving Liver Function Before Going Full Peat? Dealing With Abdominal Fat
RP says glucose helps T4 to T3, then why fructose?
Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

Will report how this goes.

Yep everyone is different but from what all I have read, insulin is blocked by excess FFA's (mainly PUFA).

skim milk, 0% fat yogurt, sugar are providing zero PUFA and my blood sugars measurements are stable and I have a seriously impaired liver, acne, crap sleep, shedding, weight gain in the middle, any uncoupler supplement will crash me in 2hrs. Fat with starch = rollercoaster blood sugar

Long threads to get through, but lots of goodness about insulin resistance, and haiduts rant about why people who start Peating gain weight and become insulin resistant.
Improving Liver Function Before Going Full Peat? Dealing With Abdominal Fat
RP says glucose helps T4 to T3, then why fructose?
Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

Will report how this goes.

yes... pufa cuases it... but it is a circle, just because you avoid pufa, doesn't mean it will be healed. high insulin load when unable to handle it.. leading to cortisol increase? just becuase there is no pufa, liver is all ready comprimised, constipation backing you up, fungus there, endotoxin there blocking livers abilties. i personally get estrogen symptoms when i overload the insulin, regardless if pufa is in the meal or not.

TubZy

I tried many things in the past, I really don't think it is down to just DHT though. What I can say is that a DHT derived steroid started my hairloss/MPB though. Maybe my metabolism got to high and that is what triggered it?

Another thing is cyclosporine. A strong immune suppressant that easily regrows hair. I would like to know the background on how that could interact with hairless being from thyroid/metabolism related though.

Hair growth-stimulating effects of cyclosporin A and FK506, potent immunosuppressants. - PubMed - NCBI

Pointless

I tried many things in the past, I really don't think it is down to just DHT though. What I can say is that a DHT derived steroid started my hairloss/MPB though. Maybe my metabolism got to high and that is what triggered it?

Another thing is cyclosporine. A strong immune suppressant that easily regrows hair. I would like to know the background on how that could interact with hairless being from thyroid/metabolism related though.

Hair growth-stimulating effects of cyclosporin A and FK506, potent immunosuppressants. - PubMed - NCBI

Well that study says the mechanism is unknown, but inflammation is a key part of hair loss. Maybe it reduces the inflammation that shuts down hair follicles.

TubZy

Well that study says the mechanism is unknown, but inflammation is a key part of hair loss. Maybe it reduces the inflammation that shuts down hair follicles.

Here is a better study

Cyclosporin a promotes hair epithelial cell proliferation and modulates protein kinase C expression and translocation in hair epithelial cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Also, Tofacitinib, which is a JAK inhibitor is also being investigated since it demonstrated strong regrowth properties. Another immune suppressive compound.

Inflammation of what though, that is what I was asking in relation to being hypothyroid or metabolism. Unless being hypothyroid is extremely inflammatory is disrupts the immune system greatly.

We need to experiment with topical dhea and progesterone directly on the scalp, like peat said.

Inhibiting prostaglandin D2 topically stopped my shedding but no regrowth so this stuff interest me.

Orion

Here is a better study

Cyclosporin a promotes hair epithelial cell proliferation and modulates protein kinase C expression and translocation in hair epithelial cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Also, Tofacitinib, which is a JAK inhibitor is also being investigated since it demonstrated strong regrowth properties. Another immune suppressive compound.

Inflammation of what though, that is what I was asking in relation to being hypothyroid or metabolism. Unless being hypothyroid is extremely inflammatory is disrupts the immune system greatly.

We need to experiment with topical dhea and progesterone directly on the scalp, like peat said.

Inhibiting prostaglandin D2 topically stopped my shedding but no regrowth so this stuff interest me.

Wonder if tissue PUFA saturation is at the root.

Constatine

I believe an huge factor is the calcification of soft tissue (such as that of your scalp). This can be brought on by androgens as they dramatically increase calcification, which is a good thing unless you lack vitamin k, magnesium, etc and thus the calcium is being deposited to soft tissues instead of bones.

CoolTweetPete

I believe an huge factor is the calcification of soft tissue (such as that of your scalp). This can be brought on by androgens as they dramatically increase calcification, which is a good thing unless you lack vitamin k, magnesium, etc and thus the calcium is being deposited to soft tissues instead of bones.

I think this may be why folks have had so much success with scalp massage.

Constatine

I think this may be why folks have had so much success with scalp massage.
Could be, but there is also an obvious inflamation aspect to hair loss as evident by itching. I just wonder if the itching is due to excess calcium in the tissues. Also I have heard many balding men claim there scalps were very firm, which would be evidence of calcification.
Also @haidut do you have any advise to minimize such adverse effects?

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I think caffeine combined with carbon dioxide therapy, and adequate tryptophan deficient protein, carbohydrate, and saturated fats can terminate the adrenaline response. Things like niacinamide and other B-vitamins, riboflavin, thiamine, and biotin can help as well.

lvysaur

If you were to look at certain populations like homeless people or Nigerians you would see physical characteristics hinting at very high DHT levels

Africans (at least west Africans) have higher DHT and T (and estrogen) levels comparative to others, but they also uniquely lack an allele that is associated with the ability to bald. Asians and Caucasians are basically in fixation for this allele.

rs6152 - SNPedia

Back before I even discovered Peat, I noticed that African men usually had impeccable hairlines compared to other races, particularly in the corners of the forehead, above the temples. Even the most gracefully aging Eurasian men have obvious recession in that area.

There are other alleles as well, but this one is one of the most major.

Baldness - SNPedia

Last edited:

TubZy

Shouldn't high doses of vitamin K2 fix that though? I never heard anyone having success with the calcification theory.

Constatine

Shouldn't high doses of vitamin K2 fix that though? I never heard anyone having success with the calcification theory.
Yes it should fix it and I have heard success stories but I would guess the issue stems far beyond this one explanation. If one is worried about calcification of the scalp simply feel how tough your scalp is (also inflammation will cause it to be tougher as well). If one is experiencing excess inflammation that is causing hair loss I recommend trying out regular doses of feverfew which has mast cell inhibitory effects. This will reduce levels of histamine, serotonin, and other inflammatory molecules in the blood.

CoolTweetPete

Yes it should fix it and I have heard success stories but I would guess the issue stems far beyond this one explanation. If one is worried about calcification of the scalp simply feel how tough your scalp is (also inflammation will cause it to be tougher as well). If one is experiencing excess inflammation that is causing hair loss I recommend trying out regular doses of feverfew which has mast cell inhibitory effects. This will reduce levels of histamine, serotonin, and other inflammatory molecules in the blood.

I think magnesium oil might be helpful, Haidut has mentioned magnesium is required for removal of NO from the cell. Don't know if it might help with calcium as I know in the body magnesium opposes calcium.

I started on topical mag oil when another user recommended it. Seemed like a fairly obvious thing that might help so I thought I'd give it a shot.

TubZy

I have used setipirant and OC000459 both PGD2 inhibitors but are under research for treating asthma. Many people included my self have stopped shedding with them so I have tried something to feverfew I believe.

Well I needle my scalp once a week with 1.5mm until it bleeds so my scalp is actually really loose feeling.

I do think it is inflammatory related though and definitely fibrosis too. Taurine seems to help on the fibrosis and scalp health end.