Hypothryoid Effect On Appearance

gretchen

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has sparse or "wild" looking eyebrows. Did taking a thyroid supp help?

OP
G

gretchen

I've gained some weight, but was underweight before. I think hypothyroid dulls the appearance. Certainly I notice a change when I eat really well for a few weeks- I just look so much more coherent. It's been sporadic since fall started, what with my freak out about the weight gain, so I have some skin & eye brow issues to work out. I actually don't think the e/b s are ever gonna grow back. :---(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My eyebrows are growing back in and I also have a bunch of wild wirey ones growing like crazy.

John Eels

My beard grows faster. I look more masculine. A friend who hasn't seen me in years said: "You grew into your face."

Charlie said:
My eyebrows are growing back in and I also have a bunch of wild wirey ones growing like crazy.
Yeah when Roddy said hair like a fox I didn't think he meant that.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

Amazigh

I lost the outer halves of my nice full eyebrows and haven't been able to grow them back :( I guess they've been gone too long. Before I started taking thyroid, my curly hair had gone frizzy and I was losing it by the handfuls. I've got my full locks back now. What else... very, very very dry, scaly skin; sallow appearance; weight gain; puffiness; overall aged appearance. I documented the decline of my health as well as my healing here: http://www.roguewellness.com/about-2/my ... in-photos/

John Eels

@roguesandy
What a journey. The shot in the water isn't favorable. Thank you for adding it. It makes your success in healing pronounced. In the last picture you look healthy again - and hot. One's health status is probably a very good proxy for the SMV (sexual market value, terrible term but indeed very real). I dream about looking ripped :).

John Eels

I prided myself not to be shallow. I realize I can't help it but I will always prefer the healthy girl (lean, nice skin) over the less healthy girl (extra pounds, not nice skin etc.) on first sight. I am sure that holds true for women too, maybe to a lesser extent.

OP
G

gretchen

roguesandy said:
I lost the outer halves of my nice full eyebrows and haven't been able to grow them back :( I guess they've been gone too long. Before I started taking thyroid, my curly hair had gone frizzy and I was losing it by the handfuls. I've got my full locks back now. What else... very, very very dry, scaly skin; sallow appearance; weight gain; puffiness; overall aged appearance. I documented the decline of my health as well as my healing here: http://www.roguewellness.com/about-2/my ... in-photos/

Very good; I will check it out. Did you just do the diet or do you take thyroid also?

Peata

I'm slowly growing back the outer third of my brows. The right side was the worst. It was completely gone when I was in my early 30s.

Last year I noticed the left side thinning on the outer third.

The brows have been slowly coming back. I just need a little more on the left side and I won't need to use a brow pencil at all there (except to define more if I want). On the right where it was worse to begin with, I am getting hairs but it will probably still be a while before I can have the option of not penciling.

I did notice that a while back when I slacked up on the Peatish stuff, the right side was getting sparse again. So it's something to keep on top of.