Hyponatraemia, IV Drips And Enemas

TomBarnett

Hi all,

As far as hyponatraemia goes and its correlation with a low metabolism (sodium wasting) I had an idea.

Matt Stone at 180 degree health echoes Ray's ideas that unless you're sweating bullets your body has no need for excess water. Even with cutting fluids I struggle to maintain colour in the urine.

I was thinking of doing a few 8-9% solution IV drips to build blood volume and increase salinity, but this could be expensive.

So I thought that for the same reason enemas aren't a good idea because the bowel absorbs a lot of water I figured you could put about 200 grams of salt into 500 mls of water and do an enema with that, which would mean absorbing plenty of salt.

thoughts?

aguilaroja

I don't read Mr. Stone regularly. I have generally taken Dr. Peat's cautions as advisements against the "compulsive" gulping of "extra water" beyond thirst and cooling needs in extreme hot weather.

Urine color can vary a lot even in the same day, and reflect short term events. My suggestion would be to attend to over-all wellness and relief from symptoms of low metabolism. Unless it is important to be an explorer, my preference is to reserve extreme measures for urgent situations.

Adequate sodium intake and ample thyroid function seem to support thriving for those in my circle. The specific hyponatremia issues in people I know have consistently responded to boosting thyroid function, sometimes by reducing thyroid-suppressing factors rather than explicitly supplementing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals