Hypoglycemia With Fruit

yerrag

I’m going to go back to the honey Greek yogurt, gruyere, OJ, collagen, pineapple juice, bread, and rotating ground beef, oysters, and shrimp for a while. I was doing well on these things. I’ll add in some more ttfd, and try the Mg bicarb to see if that helps PDH.

I also noticed my POTs was starting to come back which makes a lot of sense now.
What is ttfd and Pots?

yerrag

I’m going to go back to the honey Greek yogurt, 1-2eggs, carrot salad, gruyere, little OJ, collagen, little pineapple juice, bread, and rotating ground beef, oysters, and shrimp for a while. I was doing well on these things
From a carb standpoint, it's a change from a lot of OJ to basically bread + carrot salad and some juice and honey. It is better, but

Is it enough to keep your blood sugar from going up and going down quickly? How long can you last before you feel an adrenaline stress reaction (due to low blood sugar)? Is there a better way, where you can minimize the fluctuation of blood sugar? You may not eliminate it, but you can minimize it.

I sense that you're need to be peaty is playing a huge part in your decision. Being peaty carb-wise is for people with good sugar regulation. People with poor sugar regulation become overweight and obese when they are Peaty with respect to their choice of carbs - sugar, OJ, Coke.

Steady blood sugar is always in optimal range. You can't have steady blood sugar when blood sugar is high nor when it is low. In my opinion, from 70-90 (I prefer 75-90). When it is steady in this range, there's very little insulin being produced. A good thing. If insulin is not being produced, glucagon is. That is how you can start building glycogen stores. When blood sugar becomes low, it doesn't stay low for long because if you have glycogen stores, glycogen turns into blood sugar. And if you don't have glycogen stores, protein from muscles is converted to blood sugar. So that blood sugar doesn't get used up unnecessarily, fats are used also for metabolism as insulin isn't inhibiting lipolysis or fatty acid oxidation.

OP
Recoen

Recoen

From a carb standpoint, it's a change from a lot of OJ to basically bread + carrot salad and some juice and honey. It is better, but

Is it enough to keep your blood sugar from going up and going down quickly? How long can you last before you feel an adrenaline stress reaction (due to low blood sugar)? Is there a better way, where you can minimize the fluctuation of blood sugar? You may not eliminate it, but you can minimize it.

I sense that you're need to be peaty is playing a huge part in your decision. Being peaty carb-wise is for people with good sugar regulation. People with poor sugar regulation become overweight and obese when they are Peaty with respect to their choice of carbs - sugar, OJ, Coke.

Steady blood sugar is always in optimal range. You can't have steady blood sugar when blood sugar is high nor when it is low. In my opinion, from 70-90 (I prefer 75-90). When it is steady in this range, there's very little insulin being produced. A good thing. If insulin is not being produced, glucagon is. That is how you can start building glycogen stores. When blood sugar becomes low, it doesn't stay low for long because if you have glycogen stores, glycogen turns into blood sugar. And if you don't have glycogen stores, protein from muscles is converted to blood sugar. So that blood sugar doesn't get used up unnecessarily, fats are used also for metabolism as insulin isn't inhibiting lipolysis or fatty acid oxidation.

Thank you for your response. The foods I listed are the ones that were keeping my BG stable throughout the day before trying no starch. In the past two days eating this way has normalized my urine pH; my muscles have stopped twitching; my kidneys are no longer burning; and I haven’t had an issue with hypoglycemia. I don’t digest brown rice well.

This post from @CLASH seems to explain.
upload_2020-8-14_8-17-48.jpeg

I think the no starch caused too much die off. I’m going to add a raw carrot salad to the morning. Then slowly reduce my bread intake to fruit and honey.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-14_8-10-20.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-14_8-10-20.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 12

yerrag

Thank you for your response. The foods I listed are the ones that were keeping my BG stable throughout the day before trying no starch. In the past two days eating this way has normalized my urine pH; my muscles have stopped twitching; my kidneys are no longer burning; and I haven’t had an issue with hypoglycemia. I don’t digest brown rice well.

This post from @CLASH seems to explain.
View attachment 18968
I think the no starch caused too much die off. I’m going to add a raw carrot salad to the morning. Then slowly reduce my bread intake to fruit and honey.

Great! Your urine pH is better, if not optimal. And your blood sugar is better, if not optimal.

gaze

Mushrooms are great too, for killing bacteria, keeping Blood sugar stable, and for satiety, although my biggest challenge is finding clean fresh white ones at the store.... most are always somewhat brown by the time I get to them

yerrag

@Recoen by how poorly you take to OJ by itself shows really poor blood sugar regulation and poor glucose metabolism. I think it's safe to say you wouldn't take too well to honey, white sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup or candy as well.

Yet you still incorporate OJ and pineapple juice into your meal. It goes well because you combine them with fats and protein sources. But taken by themselves, I doubt you do well on them.

But bread is the only carb source you take to well. And I'm not even sure about that. As you need to have fats and protein with them. Not that taking fats and protein is a bad idea at all. In fact, your combination of fats and protein with carbs is how you are coping well with your condition.

I can only speak to my experience so I can't speak for you. I was hypoglycemic - hated always being sick with rhinitis, sore throats, colds, fever, flu. Hungry, sleepy, low energy 2-3 hours after a meal.

After I realized I was hypo, I used brown rice. White rice and white bread didn't work. I never tried OJ or sugar as my carb - it was weird from where I came from. But I couldn't eat bread nor eat a piece of candy when I'm low. It makes me even lower shortly, and the next day I would be sick.

Now you only use juice and bread as your carb- not exactly how I would go about it in my condition then.

If your condition is as @CLASH describes his, it makes it harder for you to get a carb source - starch-based - that would tide you by in your present state. I have to ask- is your not taking well to brown rice confirmed to be a gut microbiome issue, or could it be say an amylase issue? Would digestive enzymes help? Given that your pancreas could be taxed by high insulin production, could the pancreas be producing less digestive enzymes?

How well is your urine pH? Does it stay within 6.4-6.8 all throughout the day? How stable is your blood sugar in between meals? Does it stay at a constant value within the range of 75-90? How are you doing keeping your insulin levels low enough such that glucagon can signal your liver to build up it's glycogen stores?

As I said before, you have to manage your current situation well first, before you can begin to improve your blood sugar condition.

OP
Recoen

Recoen

@Recoen by how poorly you take to OJ by itself shows really poor blood sugar regulation and poor glucose metabolism. I think it's safe to say you wouldn't take too well to honey, white sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup or candy as well.

Yet you still incorporate OJ and pineapple juice into your meal. It goes well because you combine them with fats and protein sources. But taken by themselves, I doubt you do well on them.

But bread is the only carb source you take to well. And I'm not even sure about that. As you need to have fats and protein with them. Not that taking fats and protein is a bad idea at all. In fact, your combination of fats and protein with carbs is how you are coping well with your condition.

I can only speak to my experience so I can't speak for you. I was hypoglycemic - hated always being sick with rhinitis, sore throats, colds, fever, flu. Hungry, sleepy, low energy 2-3 hours after a meal.

After I realized I was hypo, I used brown rice. White rice and white bread didn't work. I never tried OJ or sugar as my carb - it was weird from where I came from. But I couldn't eat bread nor eat a piece of candy when I'm low. It makes me even lower shortly, and the next day I would be sick.

Now you only use juice and bread as your carb- not exactly how I would go about it in my condition then.

If your condition is as @CLASH describes his, it makes it harder for you to get a carb source - starch-based - that would tide you by in your present state. I have to ask- is your not taking well to brown rice confirmed to be a gut microbiome issue, or could it be say an amylase issue? Would digestive enzymes help? Given that your pancreas could be taxed by high insulin production, could the pancreas be producing less digestive enzymes?

How well is your urine pH? Does it stay within 6.4-6.8 all throughout the day? How stable is your blood sugar in between meals? Does it stay at a constant value within the range of 75-90? How are you doing keeping your insulin levels low enough such that glucagon can signal your liver to build up it's glycogen stores?

As I said before, you have to manage your current situation well first, before you can begin to improve your blood sugar condition.

I do well with just bread and no other protein or fat. I have been eating the bread I made using unbleached, unbromated, and not fortified flour. Today we went to the beach and I had that with some dried mangoes and cherries throughout the day with no issues. I checked my urine pH when I got home and it was 6.6 so this is working for me. This also isn’t spiking my BG so my insulin shouldn’t be going high either. My last insulin blood test was low-normal so I’m not concerned about it.

The only honey I get is already in the Greek yogurt. And I drink two 8oz glasses of juice per day.

I have tried digestive enzymes and take ancestral supplements pancreas and that still doesn’t help with the brown rice.

Cloudhands

I do well with just bread and no other protein or fat. I have been eating the bread I made using unbleached, unbromated, and not fortified flour. Today we went to the beach and I had that with some dried mangoes and cherries throughout the day with no issues. I checked my urine pH when I got home and it was 6.6 so this is working for me. This also isn’t spiking my BG so my insulin shouldn’t be going high either. My last insulin blood test was low-normal so I’m not concerned about it.

The only honey I get is already in the Greek yogurt. And I drink two 8oz glasses of juice per day.

I have tried digestive enzymes and take ancestral supplements pancreas and that still doesn’t help with the brown rice.
Have you made any progress foguring out your BG issues?