Hypo Reaction From B Vitamins

Vanced

Does anyone else get hypothyroid symptoms from b vitamins? I took a b vitamin complex yesterday night, the next day all classic hypo symptoms: cold, dry hair and skin, edema etc. The reaction with my hair was he most noticeable, going from thick shiny hair to grey and dry. It also makes me extremely hungry.

I suspect the b vits are stimulating my thyroid, the reaction is the same as when taking iodine.

I would be interested if anyone else has this reaction, it's strange as when I first started taking them I felt great and actually lost weight, I can only theorise they stimulate thyroid hormone production and when ones thyroid is damaged it creates reverse t3 instead?

tara

AIUI, B-vits can increase your carb-burning capacity. In some contexts this might lower blood sugars faster if not compensated with more food. Running blood sugars low can mess with various symptoms.

You don't mention doses - some people have had crashes from overdoing niacinamide, possibly in part because it reduces lipolyses and can lead to blood sugars getting burned through faster.

No doubt there are other possibilities.

Rand56

I can't handle taking B-complex. Thru trial and error, I've narrowed it down to the niacinamide amounts as the evil one for me. YMMV on the niacinamide amount, but it plummets my mood.

Sol Invictus

I can only take niacinamide in the morning till mid afternoon and only 50mg twice. Also i have found that taking it more than 3 consecutive days gives me sleep problems so i have to cycle it. I think that if your system is oxidizing sugar efficiently already then taking too much will cause you problems. I am using it with the purpose of hopefully detoxing pufa.

charmer

Must be niacinamide, at least the first thing I would look at. I'm basically sleeping in the refrigerator when taking it, my blood glucose plummets so quickly and I have to eat all night long or feel like Im on the edge of the cliff.

Ray has only recommended 50mg to 100mg if niacinamade in the interviews and essays I've read. I have taken 500mg or more and had no problem but I always back it up with orange juice.

Zebra Collins

Hi, my first post here. I find that B vitamins put me in a very irritable mood whether ingested or applied topically (such as niacinamide for the skin or hair).I've always thought this was odd as B vitamins are, by general standards, supposed to help with your mood not put you in one!

walker_in_aus

I had a terrifying experience one night when I drank 3 glasses of OJ and a coke (was out late with friends and trying not to drink) and when I got home I thought, oh you had two vokdas, vitamin b is good for hangovers, put a few drops of energin (b vit complex) on before bed to help my liver or whatever.

Well, I had a massively increased heart rate for nearly two hours, which was beating so hard I could literally feel heat on my chest. Was getting close to calling for medical assistance (I was really calm and warm but quite concerned my heart might explode) and it slowed. I was then SO HUNGRY (and staying at a friends place) that I had to eat half a packet of corn crackers and steal some of their cheese and an apple. I did not get to sleep til about 4am...

So be careful!!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals