Hypo-intellectism: is hypothyroidism the cause?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm going to be direct here. I can not understand that title, and I would not normally click on it. I suggest renaming the article so it actually makes sense to a casual reader.
I was trying something odd to make people wonder. It's a made-up word...

mostlylurking

Thanks. I'm just curious as to how severely it actually destroys B1. Yes it does contain thiaminase, but will it really cause a deficiency. B1 is mostly inside the cell, will thiaminase also enter into the cell, or will it only circulate the body before it's detoxed by the liver.

But if coffee was able to cause a severe deficiency if coffee was taken with B1 rich food, then it would be best to separate the coffee from that food by about 3 hours or so. Perhaps in a hypometabolic state the body is less able to hold on to the B1 and then the B1 is destroyed or flushed out by the coffee. But if someone is healthy and the B1 is intracellularly, then lots of coffee intake might not be an issue at all.
I think that Dr. Costantini just doesn't want both the thiamine supplement and the thiamine blocker (thiaminase) in the stomach simultaneously. He specifies to take the thiamine supplement dissolved in plain water, not juice. This seems to work for me.

Thiaminases are enzmyes found in a few plants and the raw flesh and viscera of certain fish and shellfish. When ingested these enzymes split thiamin (Vitamin B1), an important compound in energy metabolism, and render it inactive. Cornell University Department of Animal Science

Coffee contains a thiaminase. Sugar just uses up your thiamine. If you add a thiamine functional blocker (like Bactrim) to the mix a situation is created such that any little additional anti-thiamine thing (like a cup of coffee) will send you over the cliff.

Hugh Johnson

I was trying something odd to make people wonder. It's a made-up word...
I realize that, it just makes me feel conned. A title should inspire confidence. It should tell you: I understand the issue.

This one does not. I'd read the article because its written by you, and I have seen enough of your work to trust you. But if I did not know you this would cause me to discount the article.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals