Low Toxin Logs Hypervitaminosis A — A Case Study Of Myself

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

off-topic, but what's the name of the mineral water you're using?
Forstetal
1BB5863D-C52B-4058-BFD4-F62F8C5147E8.jpeg

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Next week I will have ultrasound of my liver as my doctor expects NAFLD secondary to the hypervitaminosis A.

What would you hypothetically recommend for treating the fatty liver itself?

My ideas:

1. Dietary choline
2. Methylated B Vitamins
3. Coffee / Caffeine (How much?)
4. Vitamin D/K
5. Vitamin E
6. NAC
7. TUDCA
8. Low fat diet
9. Low fructose diet
10. High protein diet (methionine)
11. Time-restricted eating

scrubolio

Doesn’t thyroid plus vitamin a plus cholesterol turn into hormones? If your TSH and cholesterol is somewhat higher and you aren’t supplementing it, does it make sense to try to use thyroid to lower vitamin a?

Also, seems like a lot of supplements to take, I’m worried about excipients. And quite a number of starches/pectins from: oatmeal, rice, bananas, apples, potatoes

Sefton10

Next week I will have ultrasound of my liver as my doctor expects NAFLD secondary to the hypervitaminosis A.

What would you hypothetically recommend for treating the fatty liver itself?

My ideas:

1. Dietary choline
2. Methylated B Vitamins
3. Coffee / Caffeine (How much?)
4. Vitamin D/K
5. Vitamin E
6. NAC
7. TUDCA
8. Low fat diet
9. Low fructose diet
10. High protein diet (methionine)
11. Time-restricted eating
Posted this thread earlier on citrus peel powder. Maybe just cook up some organic orange and lemon peel if marmalade is too much sugar?

Vanset

also have you checked your temples recently? any hairloss? increased body and facial hair? especially legs, chest and groin area? this seems to be a big clue imo in symptomatology of fatty liver as the secretion of SHBG is decreased

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

also have you checked your temples recently? any hairloss? increased body and facial hair? especially legs, chest and groin area? this seems to be a big clue imo in symptomatology of fatty liver as the secretion of SHBG is decreased

I have developed some fluffiness in my midsection even though I was really lean the last years. Hair loss? I think my first line of top hair has gotten way more sparse since the peak of vitamin A toxicity. Temples were receiding since I got massively stressed out on ketogenic dieting and fasting a few years ago. But it seems to come back now very slowly. Hair is feeling relatively full otherwise.
I always was quite hairy on my body so don‘t noticed a big difference there.

Kram

This is an amazing thread youngSinatra,
Together with Grant's work and Garrett's work, this is really proving to be a humongous step into the reality of healthfulness. Looking at your 230 cholesterol, and your 150 LDL, this completely corresponds with what Grant has shown. This also notes that having a very good high level of vitamin d didn't take away your symptoms. When I emailed Ray about my eczema and a couple other symptoms, he just said he suspects a vitamin d deficiency. You are at a very high level of vitamin d and your symptoms are still bad because of your vitamin A toxicity. And all you really did was supplement a good quality retinol supplement, along with the RP diet.
I just booked my retinol serums for next week, I will report my results. I don't expect to be as high as you are in retinol but I suspect I'm pretty high. I'll be closely following my low vitamin a diet which should bring out some vitamin A in serum over the next week. I'm not going to test my cholesterol because I'm sure it's around 220,
But I will test it in about 3 to 6 months hoping it to be around 170. RP thinks we should take thyroid to lower our cholesterol, but all we really need to do is lower our vitamin A, with no supplements to get a great decrease in cholesterol and ldl.
Dumb question but what do you use to test for serum retinol? Do you have a primary care physician? I want to see where my retinol levels are at but want to avoid going to the doctor.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Dumb question but what do you use to test for serum retinol? Do you have a primary care physician? I want to see where my retinol levels are at but want to avoid going to the doctor.
Did it at a private lab.

Mito

Yea good video. Chris Masterjohn PhD has a good video on NAFLD as well.

Basically: Low fat, high starch, green leafy vegetables (for folate), lean animal protein, losing weight.
Jay did an eight part series on NAFLD. Here is part 8.

2:57 – the importance of exercise/movement and not being sedentary for fatty liver disease
8:58 – the impact of stress on fatty liver disease and basic ways to reduce stress
16:31 – the best choline supplement for fatty liver disease and when it makes sense to supplement choline or methionine
26:40 – B vitamins for fatty liver disease
32:40 – taurine and TUDCA for fatty liver disease
41:36 – glycine for fatty liver disease
48:52 – essential amino acids for fatty liver disease
50:42 – theanine and tea for fatty liver disease
52:36 – vitamin E and vitamin C for fatty liver disease
57:35 – aspirin for fatty liver disease
1:00:00 – lactoferrin for fatty liver disease
1:03:10 – antimicrobials for fatty liver disease
1:05:23 – caffeine and coffee for fatty liver disease
1:09:43 – inosine for fatty liver disease
1:11:00 – the impact of thyroid hormones on fatty liver disease
1:20:24 – testosterone and other steroid hormones for fatty liver disease

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Jay did an eight part series on NAFLD. Here is part 8.

2:57 – the importance of exercise/movement and not being sedentary for fatty liver disease
8:58 – the impact of stress on fatty liver disease and basic ways to reduce stress
16:31 – the best choline supplement for fatty liver disease and when it makes sense to supplement choline or methionine
26:40 – B vitamins for fatty liver disease
32:40 – taurine and TUDCA for fatty liver disease
41:36 – glycine for fatty liver disease
48:52 – essential amino acids for fatty liver disease
50:42 – theanine and tea for fatty liver disease
52:36 – vitamin E and vitamin C for fatty liver disease
57:35 – aspirin for fatty liver disease
1:00:00 – lactoferrin for fatty liver disease
1:03:10 – antimicrobials for fatty liver disease
1:05:23 – caffeine and coffee for fatty liver disease
1:09:43 – inosine for fatty liver disease
1:11:00 – the impact of thyroid hormones on fatty liver disease
1:20:24 – testosterone and other steroid hormones for fatty liver disease

Bomb, thanks!!!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Doesn’t thyroid plus vitamin a plus cholesterol turn into hormones? If your TSH and cholesterol is somewhat higher and you aren’t supplementing it, does it make sense to try to use thyroid to lower vitamin a?

Also, seems like a lot of supplements to take, I’m worried about excipients. And quite a number of starches/pectins from: oatmeal, rice, bananas, apples, potatoes
I haven‘t tried thyroid myself yet, because before the most recent blood test my TSH always hovered at ~ 1.5 + T3/T4 at the top of the reference range.

I also know a few friends who did not improve a bit on thyroid medication with their T3/T4 already being in range beforehand, so I am skeptical on trying. It‘s also quite hard to get my hands on thyroid meds - idealabs is a potental candidate, but the shipping is very expensive..

scrubolio

I haven‘t tried thyroid myself yet, because before the most recent blood test my TSH always hovered at ~ 1.5 + T3/T4 at the top of the reference range.

I also know a few friends who did not improve a bit on thyroid medication with their T3/T4 already being in range beforehand, so I am skeptical on trying. It‘s also quite hard to get my hands on thyroid meds - idealabs is a potental candidate, but the shipping is very expensive..
I’m not sure that the standard view of t3/t4 or any thyroid labs are correct.

What are your basal temps and heart rates?

Have you read Broda Barnes’ book on thyroid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals