Nazar

If I use as much as 25 or more grams of white sugar with a cup of coffee and a glass of milk among other foods - it visibly suppresses my breathing resulting in brain fog. I suspect it might be because of allergic impurities in the sugar, which is absolutely possible in my case, but I don't have surely clean sample to test it out.

I tried sugar from 3 different manufactures and all resulted in this but to different degrees.

That effect remains for a few hours and the less food is used with the sugar or more sugar is being used, the stronger the suppression.

Have you guys experienced anything like this?

L91

Too much carbs without protein personally causes me to hyperventilate

L91

When that happens do you feel like nasal passages are kinda narrowing?
No, for me it's more unsatisfying breaths and increasing feeling of needing to breathe more, til i'm low grade hyperventilating all day. I think of hyperventilation as over breathing as opposed to suppressed breathing though

youngsinatra

Trying to think how to politely ask "how do you know?". I would just test it out if I had the supplement. The one that I have has already granulated and smell not very well I think, so it's probably spoiled.

I eat liver, but not eggs.
Do you have any of the following:

High heart rate, shortness of breath or air hunger, hyperventilation, fatigue? („wet beriberi“)

Loss of hunger, constipation, nerve tingling, lack of coordination, dysautonomia, brain fog, POTS? („dry beriberi“)

Thiamin lacks in lot of pro-metabolic diets, because it‘s more concentrated in foods that are generally regarded as unsafe.
Beans, peas, and lentils and nuts and seeds and soy products. Pork, fish, and seafood are good or high sources of thiamin too.

I think most of us here eat processed carbs in form of juice and sugar or white rice, and this makes us more vulnerable to thiamin deficiency.