Hyperparathyroidism, Tests, Radiation

sle07

I've posted here before about my high calcium and hyperparathyroidism. My endo wants me to have a SPEC/CT scan which is scheduled for tomorrow.

Hyperparathyroidism isn't something I've seen discussed at length here so I was wondering if anyone here has come across any work from Peat or others that may be helpful.

Ideally I wouldn't want to have this test done but my symptoms have become debilitating enough that I'm thinking about going ahead with it.

I would be interested in any thoughts regarding mitigation of the effects of radiation.

Thanks!

goodandevil

Computed Tomography requires a lot more radiation than a standard x-ray. What good will the imaging do you, what does the dr want to check? I just don't understand what that would do for you.

kiran

I've been there. What helps in the long term is calcium, D3, K2. What are the symptoms?

Essentially, the parathyroid is overactive because of a deficiency in the above, so you want to nourish it. The catch is that taking D3 will raise serum calcium because its directly converted to the active form. So you want to take it with K2, which lowers calcium.

If you must, fortify yourself with sugar, caffeine and niacinamide. There must be other things, but you'll have to search for them.

OP
S

sle07

Computed Tomography requires a lot more radiation than a standard x-ray. What good will the imaging do you, what does the dr want to check? I just don't understand what that would do for you.

The doctor is trying to locate a suspected adeoma for later removal.

I've been there. What helps in the long term is calcium, D3, K2. What are the symptoms?

Essentially, the parathyroid is overactive because of a deficiency in the above, so you want to nourish it. The catch is that taking D3 will raise serum calcium because its directly converted to the active form. So you want to take it with K2, which lowers calcium.

If you must, fortify yourself with sugar, caffeine and niacinamide. There must be other things, but you'll have to search for them.

You've had this problem specifically?

Symptoms have been the general unwell feeling, hair loss, hypertension, brain fog, etc. and of course high blood calcium.

Thank you both for replying!

kiran

You've had this problem specifically?

Symptoms have been the general unwell feeling, hair loss, hypertension, brain fog, etc. and of course high blood calcium.

Thank you both for replying!

I have had some form of hyperparathyroid issues, especially the brain fog. Vit K2 MK4 reduced serum calcium for me, and reduced symptoms. Calcium and D3 are useful in the long term.

The fortification is for the CT scan, if you must.

Keep us updated about the situation!

Last edited:

Lisalou

I've posted here before about my high calcium and hyperparathyroidism. My endo wants me to have a SPEC/CT scan which is scheduled for tomorrow.

Hyperparathyroidism isn't something I've seen discussed at length here so I was wondering if anyone here has come across any work from Peat or others that may be helpful.

Ideally I wouldn't want to have this test done but my symptoms have become debilitating enough that I'm thinking about going ahead with it.

I would be interested in any thoughts regarding mitigation of the effects of radiation.

Thanks!
Hello sle07
Just looking at the date you posted this so was wondering how you were doing. November 2015 I had bloods that came back showing hyperthyroidism, hypercalcemia and hyperparathyrodism. I had a massive calcium stone removed in October alongside kidney/urine infection and sepsis. The surgeons told me to stop eating dairy and drink more water. Ive never been a dairy eater and only had milk in my coffee and drank approx 3 litres water a day, I live in very hot temps. I decided to get bloods done as I couldnt accept their explanation for the stone.. The results suggested tumors on the pararthyroid were more than likely present so had a scan which showed nothing as the couldnt get in behind the thyroid. I left it at that as it was xmas festivity time and I didnt want my throat operated on. I came across this forum and the works of Ray Peat in February. Changed my diet, started adding calcium..milk, cheese & powdered egg shell, OJ etc. Ordered Haiduts pansterone, progesterone, tyromax & a heap of others since then. had bloods redone end of April and parathyroid had come down from a 10 to a 7.2. Calcium was still showing high, though had come down a little and thyroid was sitting in their so called normal range, though going by temp its probably still hypo not hyper. I was happy that in the short amount of time they were starting to regulate themselves a bit better. Will be retesting in another 6 weeks. I told the doctor i had started consuming a lot of dairy and he freaked out saying "dont"..Thank goodness for Ray Peat, Danny and Haidut..lol I just smiled and said ok..NOT.. As off today I still have slight discomfort in my thigh muscle tissue, but no where as bad as what it was and my hip bones have settled right down, not an issue now. Im glad I did not get operated on and will contue doing what Ive been doing. Great result for the small amount of time. Good luck with yours.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals