Hypermobility

Bart1

The last couple of months I have experienced very high cortisol. I had a lot of muscle loss and fat buildup. The last weeks I also start to be very flexible around my hip/torso. Could this connective tissue wasting also be caused by high cortisol ? It is a bit weird because although I feel very weak in my muscles I can still do body weight squats etc without problem. I'm using cyrpo and progestestrone and the moment to lower the stress and work on my liver and gut.

Any suggestions or point in a direction would be helpfull. I cannot find much about this in the forum, although hypermobility is sometimes associated with pregnant women ? Could progesterone have an effect in this ?

michael94

The last couple of months I have experienced very high cortisol. I had a lot of muscle loss and fat buildup. The last weeks I also start to be very flexible around my hip/torso. Could this connective tissue wasting also be caused by high cortisol ? It is a bit weird because although I feel very weak in my muscles I can still do body weight squats etc without problem. I'm using cyrpo and progestestrone and the moment to lower the stress and work on my liver and gut.

Any suggestions or point in a direction would be helpfull. I cannot find much about this in the forum, although hypermobility is sometimes associated with pregnant women ? Could progesterone have an effect in this ?

Flexible in what way, as in how would you describe the flexibility ( which directions or movements )

OP
B

Bart1

moving upper torso left and right. I was always very stiff, now it's insanely flexible, I feel no resistance. Also moving my hip in a direction is met with little resistance. It's like only the ligaments keep it together.

rei

I had same happen in whole body, started soon after starting progesterone, MB, LE health booster. Completely cured my bad posture and stiff body. I think it is either removal of calcification or fibrosis, but the increased fluidity in everything is remarkable, moving body parts happens with minimal mental effort compared to previously. Whole body&movement geometry is completely different.

The process took months and sometimes it was rough when new movement got unlocked with completely athropied muscle trying to command it.

Since you have noticed similar i suggest you start "yoga", exercise,stretch and chiropractic ideas to see if the body wants to go towards some form.

Last edited: