Hypercalcemia

If your vitamin D is elevated your vitamin K2 demand might be much higher and the dose you are using is not enough. Id recommend against calcium supplements or increasing it dietary wise. Tends to increase hypercalcemia in this case. You need to get your calcium out of your blood. K2 and magnesium. There also the study from Haidut where vitamin A stopped hypercalcemia.

Exactly. You need 15mg a day or more of K2 for awhile. You can use it topically.

I use Vitaspace.com pure K2 MK4. You have to make sure Peter will ship it to you “uncut” which he will only do in cooler weather. I buy 10g at a time and use it over several years.

I frequently take 15mg a day or more, mixed with some Progest-E and maybe Tocovit. Yes it works fine mixed with vitamin E, contrary to popular belief.

NathanK

Vitamin D in excess can cause bone to release calcium again since the vitamin D depletes vitamin K2. This has been proven. So high dosing vitamim D wont equall better effect. Quite the opposite it will make your bones weaker and also cause high blood calcium which can become serious. Theres cases of seizures, coma and even death. This is not just a vitamin you take and pee it out. It’s a hormone and its very potent. If you live in a sunny place you are better off not taking vitamin D at all. If you live like me where theres no sun for 6 months a daily dose of 400 - 1000 IU is your safest option and it works. You really dont need more than that.
yeah, i got some weird results lately. Last January my D levels were low around 25. Normally they're around 30-35. I spent tons of time outdoors this year (in hot Texas) and then in Aug I took labs again and my levels hadn't budged. I'd taken about 1000 of OTC vitD randomly the month or two prior. Maybe once a week. That wasn't all though, I noticed my calcium was at the top of the range (10.2) which was new.

After I got my basic labs back, I took that OTC cholecalciferol religiously for almost 2 months before I did more labs on Dec 20th. Not taking anything the day of, my D had risen to 29, but my calcium was now over the range at about 10.3. On top of that, my body was pretty alkaline. My CO2 was at 32 and anion gap at 4 with my blood pressure surprisingly dropping to 101 over like 69. I've never seen any results like this before. My CRP and TSH was at record lows at .1 and 1.13.

I can only guess my switch to unfortified whole milk the months prior, with a general lowish Vit A diet (just happened that way), may have played a part in the high calcium and alkalosis. My gut was a mess prior, too. The other things I was taking was a scoop of various amino acids I'd made (maybe 10-12g total per day 5-6/days per week the months prior), which included taurine, and a small scoop of select B vitamins per day (3-400mg total maybe 5 days/week). I also take about a drop of Kuinone from Haidut's original DMSO formulation maybe 2x/ week on the stomach.

I suspect I may be getting a fatty liver and insufficient protein and albumin is why I did those supps. My ALT to AST ratio jumped this year (ALT almost double from being about even 21s last year. Regardless, the out of range calcium trend had me worried and I stopped all supps since. I also switch back to fortified 2% milk and added 2 eggs for breakfast. Frustratingly, my doc would not test my PTH, which would have gone a long way to explaining what perhaps could be going on.

Dr. Peat has said that 5000 units a day of vitamin D3 is safe.

I think K2 MK4 is a vital vitamin to be taken anyway, but if you aren’t getting sunlight, you want to supplement D3 and K2 MK4.

OP
B

Bart1

How is your thyroid?
Thyroid is low, morning temp/pulse 36.2C/60 (it’s winter here). I take medication however I seem to have trouble increasing it because of I think liver/kidney problems. Everytime I raise it I get a stress response somewhere down the line and the muscle atrophy begins

OP
B

Bart1

I'm in a deadlock. Can't seem to raise my metabolism. Increasing calories is a problem because of low stomach acid/bad gut, bad liver - poor glycogen storage can't seem to oxidise sugar. Increasing thyroid or pro metabolic supplements then to increase my demand for things I can not meet. One thing is that I seem to overdo things a lot, so I'm trying to do things slower however my health is spiralling down, so much lactic acid, no energy...I feel I'm running out of time to correct this.

Elize

Bart have you tried T3 with T4 or using less T4 when not using T3. I noticed my energy level to be better on a lower dose of T4 more seems to suppress my function and then my temperature drops.

I am using Tirosint-Sol due to gut issues. I have Celiac disease. I am working on my glycogen levels. It ain't easy. I have high cortisol.

Amazoniac

Over time, polluting your skin is just as effective as ingesting:
- Topical Vit D Absorption
I would discontinue and rush to the hospital to detox for one year (more may be needed).

If I'm not wrong, Raj has been suggesting circulating levels of killcidiol between 50-60 ng/ml, seems too much.

After (let's say) 2 years, if you remain prone to hyperkillcemia, you can try to use it like other nutrients: smaller doses at a time. Why is once a day accepted as high frequency limit for supplementation? It's not necessary to be more frequent due to its nature, but there's usually a sharp appearance of a substance during the digestive period, and it's possible to dampen this effect by not ingesting all at once, as if your foods were the source.

You can supplement the toxin after ingesting magnesium wasser and preferably hours apart from killcium to prevent its excess uptake or deposition (leading to a stress reaction). Otherwise, venom D can use up your available magnesium while killcium will be uptaken (or deposited) in excess, and by the time you add some magnesium it will go to correct rather than prevent the mess, it's wasted nutrition.

I suspect that if you react negatively to 60 mcg of killcidiol, you will to 20 mcg dosed more often as well, but it wouldn't hurt to try it. The more energized you are, the less you're impacted by imbalances of this sort and they will go unnoticed in spite of being there.

Ingesting mk-4 in greater doses is fine (although we're not sure how long it acts in tissues, so it's better to renew it often with doses approved by sunraiser), but I would be mindful with excess topical use because it's easier affect vitamin E, which will compromise the metabolism of poison A; it's conceivable that's being required from stores to maintain adequate ratios if the meal doesn't provide enough.

Too much eggshell will lower phosphorus and you need it for bone deposition. Killcium phosphatal must be less problematic for greater intakes if you're not dealing with a condition where phosphorus needs to be lower'd. If you're supplementing it with meals that don't provide anions that aren't absorbed, it will function like a hydrogen carbonate/bicarbonate sink in preventing you from recovering it (in case it doesn't bind to something else like fatty acids). If this happens, it will act throughout the intestines by neutralizing acids. There was a publication estimating that about 15 g of short-chain fatty acids are produced daily, you may have 1 g of killcium to react with 4 g of these acids if it's not already stabilized, it's not modest. This is why killcium carbonate is better supplemented with complex meals: they will provide unwanted anions that can be excreted without concern.

Some time ago I was trying to find out the proper timing for these toxins attempting to match their peak activity. However, blood isn't reliable because it doesn't reflect what's happening in cells, and it's possible that what's being detected is the surplus. Although the bulk of the dose needs digestion (hence cases of malabsorption suffering the consequences), these supplements start acting immediately on contact. The critical time is when the system is running on basal mode, is shocked by a high dose and hasn't adjusted yet. It can take a while to upregulate function and adapt to restore balance, this period deserves attention.

Last edited:

schultz

From Ray's Newsletter: "Estrogen, calcium, heavy metals, and nerve degeneration" [highlights are the authors]

"Until the late 1970s, the fact that estrogen causes increased absorption of calcium was offered as proof that it prevents osteoporosis, but then it turned out that the increased retention of calcium was occurring only in the soft tissues, where calcification is a normal trend with aging. In fact, bone loss begins in a woman's twenties, and continues fairly steadily during the period in which the actual level of estrogen is rising."

OP
B

Bart1

I have my blood drawn today, very curious where vitamin D level is at and calcium. For now, I don't take any D and see what comes out of the blood test. I will focus on K with meals.

And will focus on my liver to detoxify estrogen

Anders86

Exactly. You need 15mg a day or more of K2 for awhile. You can use it topically.

I use Vitaspace.com pure K2 MK4. You have to make sure Peter will ship it to you “uncut” which he will only do in cooler weather. I buy 10g at a time and use it over several years.

I frequently take 15mg a day or more, mixed with some Progest-E and maybe Tocovit. Yes it works fine mixed with vitamin E, contrary to popular belief.

From e-mail exchanges:
[Should one avoid taking vitamin E with a food that naturally contains iron (eg., eggs, chocolate, liver)?] Iron in those foods won't interfere.

It can still be very protective against lipid peroxidation and inflammation, but the products have been changing frequently in the last 15 years, so I think it’s good to be cautious and use minimal doses. The vitamin E from Sigma in the 1960s and early ‘70s behaved completely differently in relation to coenzyme Q10 and other quinones, than the more recent products.

OP
B

Bart1

Still a bit confused about hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia.

how would they present in a blood test?

hypocalcemia:
high/elevated calcium (calcium paradox)
Low vitamin D

hypercalcemia
Mid calcium?
high vitamin d?

if you have high calcium in the blood, the answer may be taking calcium along with D3 and K2 MK4.

If you don't take calcium, you are raising parathyroid hormone and causing more calcium to enter the bloodstream and soft tissues.

OP
B

Bart1

if you have high calcium in the blood, the answer may be taking calcium along with D3 and K2 MK4.

If you don't take calcium, you are raising parathyroid hormone and causing more calcium to enter the bloodstream and soft tissues.
Thanks for the clarification!

OP
B

Bart1

Well labtest came back:

25-hydroxy-vitamine D: 48.5 nmol/l
they say is low end:
Deficiency <25
Low concentration : 25 - 75 nmol/l
normal concentration: > 75 nmol/l
intoxicification : > 250 nmol/l

I thought 40-50 vitamin D is good ?

Calcium borderline high blood levels: 2.49 mmol/l; range 2.15-2.50

As I read this I probably need more A and K to balance D and making sure the calcium is directed to the right things ?

Also my cholesterol is high, which tell me I need more thyroid, especially T3 ? Triglycerides are good 1.47nmol/l (range <2.28) I suspect poor liver function but couple of months back nothing to see there. Also checked my kidneys, nothing out of the ordinary as I see:

creatinine: 80 μmol/l; range <124
GFR: 101.4 ml/min/1.73m2; range >= 90
albumine: 48 g/l; range 35-52

Then I think much of my symptoms are due to high cortisol and hypothyroidism and poor diet (not enough protein/calories); struggling with hunger and eating.

Karime22

@Bart1 Have you made progress in this area? I am also dealing with elevated blood calcium and trying to fix it. It seemed to come on after vitamin d supplements, but it could be a coincidence because I have been supplementing with other things too.

InChristAlone

High vitamin D depletes vitamin B5. Hypercalcemia can be from vitamin A toxicity. One cause of high blood calcium is parathyroid tumor.

Karime22

High vitamin D depletes vitamin B5. Hypercalcemia can be from vitamin A toxicity. One cause of high blood calcium is parathyroid tumor.
Thank you! My vitamin d levels are low at 24, so I started supplementing, and may have made things worse but I'm not sure. I will probably start a new thread because it's a whole mess.

OP
B

Bart1

@Bart1 Have you made progress in this area? I am also dealing with elevated blood calcium and trying to fix it. It seemed to come on after vitamin d supplements, but it could be a coincidence because I have been supplementing with other things too.
Hi, it never went higher after that time and it's normal again. I noticed I get symptoms when I don't react well anymore to vitamin D, like poor sleep, agitated etc. I've increased my vitamin K which seems to help, magnesium is another one.