So crazy as it sounds i think i excperienced hyperammonemia 1.5 year ago. The story goes, i had psilocybin mushrooms which has always been part of my life since i was 20, now 30. And everything was OK (meaning a normal trip exerpience) Until BOOM suddenly i felt i was poisoned. Very seriously poisoned. I had no idea what was going on and i was in another world, some kind of psychotic state, just endless trauma. What i really dont understand is that i actually forgot this experience as if my brain rewired and protected me form the painful memories. And stupid as i am 1/2 year later i had mushrooms again and the exact same thing happened. I was shocked and thought "oh no this again". Ever since ive been neurologically and cognitivly impaired. I function OK but there seem to be a permanent damage on my CNS. Ever since ive been searching for what happened and ive never really arrived at any satisfying conclusion until yesterday. Im still a person who likes to experiment just to learn. And before christmas i decided to try some amino acids. Why not, they are pretty harmless, right? Well i changed my mind. I started experimenting with glutamine and glycine. The glutamine seemed to make me feel a ltitle better and finally actually relax for the first time in a while. I could watch an entire movie like in the past (yes i have some PTSD like effects still). But one night i was going to bed and half my brain went numb. As if turned off. My auditory information processes was very disturbed and this lasted for a while. I immediatly stopped my supplementation and investigated further. To me its obvious that my NMDA receptors are malfunctioning. They may tolerate glycine from food sources idk but really i think im glycine toxic, which ill come to later. This an idiot i tried another amino acid a few weeks later. This time i thought it cant possible hurt me in any way (another confirmation that fre form amino acids are dangerous in certain situations like mine) This amino acid is called LYSINE and it made me feel good. Until....i was going to sleep, 2 days ago. I experienced delirium and the feeling of being poisoned again. Next day i found that lysine is a potent competitive inhibitor of an enzyme in UREA cycle. The one that allow conversion to Arginine i believe. And i started researching the Urea cycle an found that its purpose is make a toxic byproduct of amino acid metabolism called ammonia to a less toxic molecule called Urea, that can be excreted through the kidney>urine. And a switch turned on in my brain. I really thing i found the answare to what happened to me on the mushrooms; Hyperammonemia. Any defect or inability occuring in the Urea cycle may lead to elevated ammonium levels in the blood and in my case the brain. This is the beginning of a cascade of toxic side effects, elevating excitatory activity, pulling water into the brain. Edema, Intracranial preasure and on it goes. Very neurotoxic. I have an appointment with my doctor but first i wanna know if i need to contact help immediatly? I dont feel well and appointment with my doctor is not until friday. Is my potential for elevated ammonia/glutamate and brain damage a fact at this moment? I dont know what to do. Hopefully i can take a blood test to measure my ammonia levels. Thank you so much to anyone who care to read or help.