Hydroxytyrosol Most Potent Anti-oxidant Any Good?

This compound is tricky. Better stay away. Hydroxytyrosol is what probably almost killed me. There is a quote from my log of my experience:
"2. Sinusitis in my right nostril. I got it after being bitten be a thick in a mountain area. Two weeks of reoccurring fever, multiple infections of skin, blepharitis and sinusitis as a result of immuno-suppression. Well, actually Im not sure if its the bite, I was experimenting with olive leaves, high dose, in that moment. Two weeks I refused to take antibiotics as I was still scared use antibiotics even that I already started to study this forum. I came to conclusion that the fever comes back every time I supplement olive leaves. And as soon as I stopped olive leafs fever, skin infections and blephalitis were gone. The sinusitis only is still staying with me. So it was olive leaves or the thick bite or them together. I cant afford and appointment with otolaryngologist, so Im on my own."

mujuro

I don’t think one should take antioxidants unless you have a reason to e.g. smoking. Vitamins E and C excluded. Re-saturate your tissues, avoid PUFA and your mitochondria will regulate oxidants as a healthy cell should. Aspirin provides some mild uncoupling effects which should lower production of oxidants.

BigChad

This compound is tricky. Better stay away. Hydroxytyrosol is what probably almost killed me. There is a quote from my log of my experience:
"2. Sinusitis in my right nostril. I got it after being bitten be a thick in a mountain area. Two weeks of reoccurring fever, multiple infections of skin, blepharitis and sinusitis as a result of immuno-suppression. Well, actually Im not sure if its the bite, I was experimenting with olive leaves, high dose, in that moment. Two weeks I refused to take antibiotics as I was still scared use antibiotics even that I already started to study this forum. I came to conclusion that the fever comes back every time I supplement olive leaves. And as soon as I stopped olive leafs fever, skin infections and blephalitis were gone. The sinusitis only is still staying with me. So it was olive leaves or the thick bite or them together. I cant afford and appointment with otolaryngologist, so Im on my own."

what about oleupurein and hydroxytyrosol in olive leaf extract supplements? what are the issues with them? they're supposed to kill and eliminate viruses?

cjm

Does anyone here subscribe to the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service? They dropped a bombshell earlier this week. Worth a full read.

The Restoration of Vitamin C Synthesis in Humans

"In a landmark article, it was shown that the daily supplementation with 45 mg of the polyphenol hydroxytyrosol (HT) markedly increased vitamin C blood levels in 14 healthy volunteers. The primary goal of the study was to establish the safety of HT supplementation, and a wide range of blood parameters were examined, including vitamin C blood levels. While the degree of vitamin C response in all of the study subjects was not identical, the average vitamin C blood level fully doubled at both the 4-week and 8-week point of daily HT administration relative to initial baseline measurements. Furthermore, no negative impacts were seen in a wide array of other biochemical, hematological, vitamin, or mineral parameters that were also measured. The increased vitamin C levels singularly stood out."

Hydroxytyrosol supplementation increases vitamin C levels in vivo. A human volunteer trial

CLASH

Does anyone here subscribe to the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service? They dropped a bombshell earlier this week. Worth a full read.

The Restoration of Vitamin C Synthesis in Humans

"In a landmark article, it was shown that the daily supplementation with 45 mg of the polyphenol hydroxytyrosol (HT) markedly increased vitamin C blood levels in 14 healthy volunteers. The primary goal of the study was to establish the safety of HT supplementation, and a wide range of blood parameters were examined, including vitamin C blood levels. While the degree of vitamin C response in all of the study subjects was not identical, the average vitamin C blood level fully doubled at both the 4-week and 8-week point of daily HT administration relative to initial baseline measurements. Furthermore, no negative impacts were seen in a wide array of other biochemical, hematological, vitamin, or mineral parameters that were also measured. The increased vitamin C levels singularly stood out."

Hydroxytyrosol supplementation increases vitamin C levels in vivo. A human volunteer trial
I'm a fan of olive leaf extract, I currently use it daily.